Odemwingie
0 (0%)
Tchoyi
0 (0%)
Vela
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: March 04, 2011, 10:31:44 PM

Author Topic: 28 Feb 2010 Stoke City 1 Albion 1  (Read 105215 times)

greggy8689

Re: Steven Reid
« Reply #725 on: February 28, 2011, 11:42:30 PM »
Superb tonight, deserved the man of the match. Some good, hard tackles, he got forward when needed and passed the ball about well. The defensive unit as a whole played very well against a rugby side.

Would love to see him in the middle of the park if the chance comes up as well.

Would leave him a right back ahead of Jara. Reid is a much better right back. Was very good tonight.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ratings
« Reply #726 on: February 28, 2011, 11:47:23 PM »
carson 6 lucky penents free kick was just over because he wouldnt have got there. kicking still a big problem and still not concentrating for the full nintey minutes. should of been sronger for the goal

shorey 7 solid and kept his winger in his pocket all night, gave an out let going forward

reid 8 put his foot in were it hurt and pushed the winger on the back foot great cross for goal

meite 7 looked sharp for a defender on his first outing cut out numerous balls so stoke never got a foot hold

olson 7 won a lot of 50-50 balls in the air and on the ground.

this back for looks really solid, carson has to buck up

thomas 6 for the first thirty minutes he was out of game but when roy switched him with brunt he came more into game

brunt 7 brilliant tackle to stop jones in second half, but the switch really benifited him

mulumbu 7 broke up a lot of ball in the middle

scharner 6 dives in when there is no need and dosnt focus for the full 90 mins

dorrans 8 ran midfield unlucky not to score dragged us through the first 45

midfield solid and a bit of bite in the final third

fortune 7 came into game and held up ball really well, have to credit him will work all day

subs vela 7 class above , tchoyi 6 needs to be aware of whats around him, odemwingie 6 thought he would show roy a bit more

manager 8 tactics were first rate, for the first thirty mins we had no out ball but when he switched brunt for thomas albion never looked back even when we went 1 down.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #727 on: February 28, 2011, 11:48:04 PM »
Carson had a good game, deserves to start Saturday, had the usual negatives from a few around us but haprt from a few kicks out of play he did nothing wrong.

Fully deserved point tonight.

Hodgson got it spot on and if Vela had put the second chance away everyone would be saying so as well.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #728 on: February 28, 2011, 11:56:44 PM »
Well well well, who'd have thought it, an Albion side showing bottle and fight and some skill to go with it.

I take my hat off to the team as I thought it would be just another regular beating from the stokies.

Credit to the manager for his changes which I suppose is easier for him to make as opposed to someone who has been in charge and had chance to get sucked into picking his favourites.

WELL DONE ALBION
He's a lad from the Wrenna

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Steven Reid
« Reply #729 on: February 28, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »
Top class brilliant.. Just does his job better than jara

hollisk

• Junior Baggie

unbelievable Racism on Stoke City forum
« Reply #730 on: March 01, 2011, 12:09:44 AM »
I just popped on the stoke city forum link that was posted on here and found this topic started by the stoke fans.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=152192

Have a read and have a look out for what" hamburgerpotter" says. Ive never seen such open racism posted on a forum like that before!  :o

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #731 on: March 01, 2011, 12:11:10 AM »
Can't belive people are criticising Carson !

There not. It's just one person who incidentally has had a dig at every single opportunity. Most can see the obvious, Carson had a good solid game, bar 5 dodgy kicks.  He kept hitting the flanks, I imagine he had been told to, as it would have been pointless sending long balls down the throats of their huge central defenders.  Unfortunatly he just couldn't get his range right.  Bar that he was good, fantastic 1st half.  Probably helped that he received a reasonably supportive reception from our support which I must say suprised me somewhat.
"This crack is really moreish."

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Man of The Match v Stoke 28th February 2011
« Reply #732 on: March 01, 2011, 12:14:20 AM »
Dorrans gets my vote, altho to be fair, Shorey only put one foot wrong - he had an axcellent game, a close second for me. Meite was actually half-decent tonight. That's the best I think I've seen him play.

Morany

« Reply #733 on: March 01, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »
Perhaps the support he got was to do with the hardcore travelling fans, and not some of the idiots floating about at home games booing left right and centre.

By this I don't mean that those that go away are better than those that don't before anyone starts moaning. Perhaps those that do go away though realise the need to fully support the lads for the 90 minutes and stay away from ironic cheering.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #734 on: March 01, 2011, 12:17:42 AM »
What was Mulumbu doing for the goal though, on the post but didn't even try to stop it.

Absolutely right, Mulumbu on the post should have left the line by 3/4ft to frustrate Delaps header. NOT Carsons fault :P

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #735 on: March 01, 2011, 12:18:05 AM »
Very pleased with the lads tonight. Shame Vela couldn't sneak that last shot home, but all round it was a decent display.

Very happy with the way the defence dealt with the long balls/throw ins, possibly one of the best defensive peformances Stoke have played against at home.

Only downer for me was all the silly free kicks they gave away. Other than that, a great game.

Morany

Re: unbelievable Racism on Stoke City forum
« Reply #736 on: March 01, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »
The topic has now disappeared, idiots.

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #737 on: March 01, 2011, 12:19:54 AM »

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #738 on: March 01, 2011, 12:19:58 AM »
Read your post before match, glad you took the time to admit you shouldn't be too hasty!!!
I don't think I have been so nervous watching a game - Dorrans, Reid were great.
And loved it when reid used the towel before throwing the ball towards the end!   

So did I , a little bit of premiership experience there ;)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #739 on: March 01, 2011, 12:20:43 AM »
There not. It's just one person who incidentally has had a dig at every single opportunity. Most can see the obvious, Carson had a good solid game, bar 5 dodgy kicks.  He kept hitting the flanks, I imagine he had been told to, as it would have been pointless sending long balls down the throats of their huge central defenders.  Unfortunatly he just couldn't get his range right.  Bar that he was good, fantastic 1st half.  Probably helped that he received a reasonably supportive reception from our support which I must say suprised me somewhat.

Exactly but most or some I should say can't see it. Usually he has Brunt to aim at but when Brunt is in the middle theres no one to pick out.

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #740 on: March 01, 2011, 12:20:49 AM »
I saw some of it before it was deleted, not surprising , although to their credit most of the Stoke fans told him where to go...

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #741 on: March 01, 2011, 12:23:04 AM »
saw some of it, there just total idiots, fair play to the fans that told him where to go.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #742 on: March 01, 2011, 12:23:12 AM »
Reid for me, exactly what we needed. He's tough tackling, good in the air and a quality assisst what more can you want?

clemsleftfoot

• Junior Baggie

Re: Guess the PICTURE Thread !
« Reply #743 on: March 01, 2011, 12:25:30 AM »
picture of the brittania stadium

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

Re: The Oatcake - one of the only times it's worth visiting
« Reply #744 on: March 01, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »
Thing is I can understand teams that mix it up, you can't play total football all of the time, but look at the money Stoke have spent. I mean people say they play to thier strengths but they make them thier strengths by buying players of a certain stature, abilty etc. Now they're established in the premier league, surely they can make some moves to actually playing football.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #745 on: March 01, 2011, 12:28:50 AM »
Good point, but we should have nicked all three. There was a great atmosphere at the back of the stand tonight. Really got behind the boys. Also, loved the HOOOOOOOOF chant, you could see it winding up the cretins in the Stoke end. I really feel sorry for Stoke fans having to sit through that ***** every game, though. That was an insult to football.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

wbako

• Senior Baggie

Re: The Oatcake - one of the only times it's worth visiting
« Reply #746 on: March 01, 2011, 12:31:55 AM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....HOOOOOOOF.

That was without doubt the worst footballing performance I have ever seen from a team. Delap was a passenger in open play, actually the whole of their midfield were.

And Stokies actually pay to watch that? horrendous.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #747 on: March 01, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »
The towel.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #748 on: March 01, 2011, 12:34:55 AM »
The towel.

We want towel, we want towel  :D

Andio

• Youth Baggie

Re: For once
« Reply #749 on: March 01, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »
This thread almost worked, could have snatched it at the end.