West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Graham Dorrans Joins Norwich City  (Read 199917 times)

Offline Dan

• WBA Coach
Re: Graham Dorrans Joins Norwich City
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »
He was looking good just before he got his injury, plus I think that the advanced role we currently play is just made for him. Hopefully with a full pre-season he'll be back to his best.

Offline chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2011, 02:34:41 AM »
He was looking good just before he got his injury, plus I think that the advanced role we currently play is just made for him. Hopefully with a full pre-season he'll be back to his best.
;D He is our Jim Baxter or Graham Lovett. If anyone has not heard of these players,they should ask some older baggy supporters about them.....they were very gifted players and played a similar game as Dorrans does.

Offline Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
;D He is our Jim Baxter or Graham Lovett. If anyone has not heard of these players,they should ask some older baggy supporters about them.....they were very gifted players and played a similar game as Dorrans does.
I hope he's not like either of those players. They both promised much in younger years but eventually delivered little. Shuv had injuries to thank for his lack of progression I appreciate that but hopefully Dorrans will prove himself at teh top table.......something he still has to do. Good luck Dozza
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Offline 63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »
All the talk of Mulumbu's new contract (yippee ;D) and the like is great, but I hear very little mention of Dorrans.
Why is this :o?
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

Offline KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
Thorne Mulumbu and Brunt have all signed new contracts. Dorrans.... well when is his till? i think it's not over till at least July 2013 at the earliest. Plus, through absolutely no fault of his own, he had a fairly poor year, by his high standards. So there's no need to give him a payrise.

If he's playing and performing by christmas i'm sure the board will look into it.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Offline johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2011, 12:53:03 PM »
I still think people are expecting to much of Dorrans if anything.

Offline VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »
Dorrans who? :P
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2011, 01:00:55 PM »
I still think people are expecting to much of Dorrans if anything.

Similarly I think some have forgotten the quality he has and the impact he has on our games
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »

Offline MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
Dorrans is a quality footballer.

Hodgson is a quality manager.

They are working together and I am sure Roy cn see his quality and what he brings to the team. Lets just see ay?
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »
well if he plays like he did against palma id be in no rush to give him a new one.....
on a serious note he hasnt played any games under roy really so hes purely known on rep by Roy! he might get a new contract when he starts showing what he can do..
O Albion we love you

Offline baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »
I've said it before and i'll say it again, i think that dorrans getting injured and not having the best of years could have been a blessing in disguise considering we stayed up as it meant he had no-one trying to buy him meaning he could have a good pre season getting back to full fitness without any extra distracion of who he'd be playing for this season. I think this will allow him to really begin to show his class throughout this season. At least thats what i hope  ;D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Offline Kicking Pigeons

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
well if he plays like he did against palma id be in no rush to give him a new one.....
on a serious note he hasnt played any games under roy really so hes purely known on rep by Roy! he might get a new contract when he starts showing what he can do..
Wasn't he played out of position against Parma? Hardly a fair indication, besides in the other pre-season games he's played he's done well.

Offline lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »
Dozza had his payrise at the start of last season

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
quality player,if fit he will shine.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
All the talk of Mulumbu's new contract (yippee ;D) and the like is great, but I hear very little mention of Dorrans.
Why is this :o?

Suggest Mulumbu, Brunt etc have earnt new contracts from playing very well over the last 12 months. For one reason or another Dorrans hasn't so currently doesn't deserve a new one.

Of course if he gets back to his best there will be plently of renewal & pay rises as shown in the past.

Offline Kicking Pigeons

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2011, 07:06:03 PM »
quality player,if fit he will shine.
He also needs to be playing the attacking midfield role, where he belongs. None of this deep lying midfield malarkey that RDM tried with him or sticking him out on the wing. Put him in the position where Cox and Mozza played last season and you'll get to see him at his best.

Offline MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »
Saw him in the car park after the Parma game. Was signing an autograph and having his picture taken with a little kid but as he was getting into his car he didn't look happy at al. Not sure if I'm making too much of it but I don't know if it was either his performance, playing on the wing instead of center or if theres something going on behind the scenes. He looked really aggressive on the pitch especially with that little bust up with their right back and he was struggling to get past players.  Hope everything ok with him.
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

Offline Kicking Pigeons

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »
Anyone else seriously concerned about his future with us? I'm worried that we will hardly get to see him this season. For a start we're playing in a 4-4-2 with 2 defensive mids, meaning Dorrans' position (attacking mid) isn't even being played. Morrison and Tchoyi seem to be well ahead of him, and when Thomas and Gera come back they'll probably be in front of him too, meaning Dorrans will likely struggle to even get a place on the bench. He's arguably the most talented player we have and he could be a massive player for us this season, I hope Hodgson knows this.

Offline baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
Also an unproven premiership player.

We all want him to do well. I'm sure he will have a chance on uesday in the cup and we will get injurys so he will be able to show what he can do then. He needs to be patient and accept at the moment others are a head of him.

He works hard enough to be play any where in the midfield. However all players he is challenging are working very hard and playing well.

Surely a positive the guy can't get a game at the minute. I don't believe there is any freezing out like Warnock at Villa for instance.

Offline TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2011, 08:05:45 PM »
No his time will come this season of that I have no doubt I would expect him to start on Tuesday

Offline Jonah

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2011, 08:22:58 PM »
I hink that Roy is keeping faith with the midfield that finished last season well to start with. I would put Dorrans ahead of Morrison, but he has to earn his place.
Proud To Be A Baggie.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2011, 08:47:43 PM »
Starting to wonder where his place in the side is going to come with limited attacking midfield places up for grabs.

Long's performances and Odemwingie's ability will probably mean we play 2 forwards a lot this season so that reduces Dorrans chances in an extra midfielder role (a role that I think Hodgson will fancy Gera and Tchoyi in this year anyway). His other options are right and left midfield which at the moment sees him behind Brunt and Morrison and battling with Thomas, Gera, Tchoyi and Thorne. Now I havent seen enough from either starter this season for them to be shoe ins so in theory Dorrans should have a chance but every manager we have had in the last few years have gone with Brunt and Morrison when available. That leads me to think unless there is a big change Dorrans is going to get limited opportunities. Such a shame and a waste because even today he came on and his first act was to put Odemwingie through (he followed it up with losing possession twice but being brought on so late doesnt make it easy to get into the game).

It's a long season and he has to force his way into the side but I think Dorrans non inclusion will be the fans biggest frustration this season.
Boing Boing

Offline j2burnz

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »
in Roy i twust, dorrans will play a part in a long hard season

Offline boot2006

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
Will come back into the starting 11 over the next couple of weeks.

Having a player of his quality who is prepared to put his foot on the ball or pick a quality pass is priceless.  Only on for a few minutes today which was disappointing, however over the next few weeks he will show he has got what it takes to play at this level.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:14:10 PM by boot2006 »