Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 1461144 times)

BigglesBaggie and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10825 on: March 22, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »
Considering Berahino went about 3 years without scoring I'm disappointed that Zohore's aren't significantly better.

The record books, unfortunately, only record the facts
"Stay apart and stick together"

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10826 on: March 22, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
Forgive him - yes. I wouldn't have him back. Seems he casued to much trouble and was a rotten apple that spoiled the barrel. You don't go back to that.

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10827 on: March 22, 2020, 10:42:47 PM »
Comparing the two on scorebase.com, if it’s reliable of course

This is the league games career comparison

Berahino, age 26, played 133, scored 44, g/g 0.21

Zohore, age 26 (but 6 months younger), played 101, scored 44, g/g 0.24

Thoughts?
Facts be the facts....but I have never looked at Zohore and thought “he’s going to score”...I have on a couple of occasions questioned if he’d scored , after the ball went over the line .
Between the two it’s Saido all day for me.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #10828 on: March 24, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »
You know what's crazy about Berahino?

I just finished watching the season review (14/15 I think with Irvine and Pulis) and I'd forgotten just how good he was. It's actually quite sad watching it back because you forget just what he was capable of. Remember these two managers played very negative football, it wasn't like he was getting easy supply such as the strikers under promotion with Mowbray or anything, he was working on scraps.
However, his finishing was so good that it didn't matter, he was a complete natural.

I know he'll never return (and I wouldn't go after him regardless) but as said, it's just sad to see what could of been. He was capable of scoring all kinds of goals and truly had the world at his feet back then, it's crazy to think how it all ended up.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo