Author Topic: After Match Debate  (Read 2506 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2024, 08:46:24 PM »
Beyond poor but not unexpected , not all down to one reason but as usual when the pressure is on we melt like an ice cream next to a fire .
Can't wait to see the back of a few of these and please Lord get us a striker who scores and stays fit.

I think 99% of the members on here would echo all of those sentiments. It’s frightening just how little spine this team actually has; when the going gets tough they always crumble. As you say, cannot wait to see the back of a number of the squad who have been linchpins of our failure over the past few years

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2024, 09:40:37 PM »
I wonder if the conspiracy theory is kicking in yet . By that I mean a number of out of contract players know that promotion will certainly end their Albion careers ……

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2024, 09:45:39 PM »
I wonder if the conspiracy theory is kicking in yet . By that I mean a number of out of contract players know that promotion will certainly end their Albion careers ……

I doubt they will be still here irrespective as to what division we are in next season.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2024, 10:06:40 PM »
So you keep saying (ad nauseam). He keeps being picked because he is the best in his position that we have. Simple as that.
He’s not
But you’ll defend him (ad nauseam)
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2024, 12:30:37 AM »
Today crystallised so much of what is wrong at WBA but I have confidence that Shilen and Corboran will sort it out.

I bet there have been some very honest and frank discussions behind the scenes about what will happen after this season is over whether by some miracle we are promoted or not.

I do personally subscribe to the theory that the vast majority of this lot don't want to go up because they are in their comfort zones and those who have played there are failures.

At the end of the season the following must go.

Bartley, Townsend, Phillips, Chalobah, Pieters, Reach, Mvila, Kelly, Weimann.

Pipa and Johnston will go back from their loans.

I would put Asante up for sale, we should be able to get £2-3m to bring in a Bosman no 9. We also need to try and get rid/cut our losses on Grant.

I would offer Kipre and Mowatt new contracts - probably 2 years with an option of 1 yr in the club's favour.

I'm pretty sure we'll be plying our trade in the Championship next season. If not then we'll just need better quality for  the positions outlined below that we will need to replace whatever happens.

Two new centre backs to compete with Ajayi, Kipre.  Not sure Taylor is ready yet - another loan maybe.   
A new first choice left back.
Two new central midfielders to compete with Mowatt/Okay.  Iroebunam on loan? O'brien? 
A new left winger - Johnston if we can do the deal. Or maybe try and re-sign Pereira.
Two new strikers.  Dike and Maja cannot be relied upon as they are just too injury-prone adn the former is out til 2025 in any case. 

It's going to be a big summer and Carlos deserves to be given the opportunity to build his own team.  He's barely had crumbs to play with up til now. 

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2024, 09:09:41 AM »
Well thought out post WBA. Very easy to keep on criticising but reading your post is very sobering. So much dross in the squad.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2024, 09:31:55 AM »
I don't think the Vile would loan us  Iroegbunam; they want to deplete us and ruin us not help us.

We always seem to flag at the end of a season.  Is that because for too long a time we've fielded relatively older players?

Watched part of Hull vs Ipswich last night.  Apart from Omari Hutchinson (loaned?) here was nothing to be impressed about but the energy levels were still there.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2024, 09:53:07 AM »
Well thought out post WBA. Very easy to keep on criticising but reading your post is very sobering. So much dross in the squad.
One point I'd make on WBA's post - I think it's a bit unfair bracketing Maja as injury prone at this stage. He's been the victim of 2 on-field physical assaults which would have had similar results on anyone.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2024, 10:34:25 AM »
One point I'd make on WBA's post - I think it's a bit unfair bracketing Maja as injury prone at this stage. He's been the victim of 2 on-field physical assaults which would have had similar results on anyone.

You’re right. I overlooked that.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2024, 01:31:35 PM »
I think 99% of the members on here would echo all of those sentiments. It’s frightening just how little spine this team actually has; when the going gets tough they always crumble. As you say, cannot wait to see the back of a number of the squad who have been linchpins of our failure over the past few years

I imagine someone will be along to correct you on this in a minute while pointing out we have one of the strongest squads in the division. I'll be mildly disappointed if he doesn't in all honesty as he's been pointing it out to me for most of the season at any rate  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2024, 01:54:37 PM »
I imagine someone will be along to correct you on this in a minute while pointing out we have one of the strongest squads in the division. I'll be mildly disappointed if he doesn't in all honesty as he's been pointing it out to me for most of the season at any rate  ;D .
That depends  on to who you are referring some of our biggest critics only come out to play on Matchdays but it's all part of the baggies rich tapestry of fans   ;D

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2024, 11:34:55 PM »

Yes Adder, probably the wrong phrase re Maja.  He may have a completely injury free season next season, I really hope so.  And yes he was the subject of two brutal challenges which went unpunished which is unbelievable.  Carlos rates him highly and so hopefully he'll come good.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2024, 08:09:53 AM »
my faith in football was already dwindling, professionals keep playing like this then i will throw in the towel too. absolutely shocking from the playing staff and coaching staff. sort it out  >:(
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2024, 12:53:55 PM »
I think Wednesday were far more ruthless and committed around the 6 yard box. Being there for knockdowns and ruthless in firing it home, and defending putting their bodies on the line. Added to that, we were so slow in alot of our build up allowing Wednesday to box us in. I don't think there was too much wrong with the line up. Townsend's crosses are poor, but Reach can't defend. Diangana has it in him, but he doesn't win any 50-50 tackles. In  fact, Wednesday won most of the individual duels.  The final pass from midfield was usually mistimed, and some of the players had the wrong studs by the times they slipped over. CC has got to get them up and and motivated to get us over the line.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2024, 02:04:49 PM »
The difference was easy to see....They shot on sight and didn't pass the ball to avoid embarrassment.
They had the guts to attack whenever they could, and not slow the attack by passing it out from the back, which we do now.