Author Topic: Steve Bruce - Manager - SACKED  (Read 423041 times)

Albionfan1983

• Youth Baggie

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager
« Reply #3575 on: October 01, 2022, 05:19:32 PM »
Well DOOD is saying a meeting at 6

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3576 on: October 01, 2022, 05:20:01 PM »
Good luck getting the right decision out of the clowns running the club

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3577 on: October 01, 2022, 05:22:24 PM »
Time to go. It's just not working and unlikely to.

We are only going in one direction under this manager.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3578 on: October 01, 2022, 05:23:23 PM »
Tried it with Val and we saw how that went.

We need to do two things, firstly stop the rot and secure us in the championship. Longer term we need football people in at the club who can make decisions based on football and not loyalty.

Ultimately, the owners need to have the guts to do it and accept that the next few years would be written off.

What we will get is either Bruce will have “full support” or we’ll get in another yes man, have a bit of bounce and ultimately end up in the same place 12 months from now.
To me that’s just going round in circles chasing our tails ! We did when we appointed Bruce , we did it with Pulis. The only manager who got some sort of tune out of this lot was Bilic who believed in letting players play !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3579 on: October 01, 2022, 05:24:28 PM »
His position is untenable. An upturn in form isn't enough, a full 180 turn in form is needed and Bruce has shown no evidence that he can do this and him or somebody at the club has made ridiculous decisions to let Griffiths, Taylor and Kipre out on loan where we now have this useless keeper and an underperforming left back now playing at CB and doing an awful job of it. And Robinson gone with absolutely no attacking options on the bench other than Grant.

Bruce needs to go but it runs much deeper sadly. We can only hope that a manager can get us back on track on the pitch with what we have, heaven knows we have enough to be doing far better.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3580 on: October 01, 2022, 05:24:42 PM »

He should be fired by text. He doesn’t deserve a meeting at all.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3581 on: October 01, 2022, 05:25:42 PM »

Bloody hell can imagine the Gourlay statement after

"After Bruces performances and results over the last 25 games or whatever the club has decided to extend Stevie's deal as he's my mate and we can't be bothered looking"

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3582 on: October 01, 2022, 05:26:10 PM »
Tried it with Val and we saw how that went.

We need to do two things, firstly stop the rot and secure us in the championship. Longer term we need football people in at the club who can make decisions based on football and not loyalty.

Ultimately, the owners need to have the guts to do it and accept that the next few years would be written off.

What we will get is either Bruce will have “full support” or we’ll get in another yes man, have a bit of bounce and ultimately end up in the same place 12 months from now.

With Val he didn't suit the players, needs to be joined up thinking. A manager to match the players.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3583 on: October 01, 2022, 05:30:56 PM »
We’ve had more fire fighters than Chicago Fire . Time to get brave and innovative with somebody who’ll get this lot playing . It’s got to the stage with Bruce where it’s about trying to avoid defeat then hoping to nick , those aren’t tactics they’re prayers !!
True but that should have been Bruce’s role last season. We should have started this season with a new manager and a clear plan. There is no strategic thinking and hasn’t been for quite some time. I don’t want another poor appointment. I’m writing this season off. Let’s stay in the division and rethink about the longer term.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3584 on: October 01, 2022, 05:31:36 PM »
Chapman said the " your getting sacked in the morning" was albion fans. Make your voices heard.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3585 on: October 01, 2022, 05:31:51 PM »
With Val he didn't suit the players, needs to be joined up thinking. A manager to match the players.

That’s the issue though. We jump from one style to the next with absolutely no thought process behind anything. Someone will start building a team of technical ball players, then they’ll get sacked and the next bloke starts bringing in big physical lumps. All that is interspersed with firefighters like Allardyce and Bruce who sign players in their 30s because they only want experience for the 6-12 months they know they’ll be in the job.

Club is run by inept idiots, they’re so poor at their jobs it makes me angry thinking about it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 05:33:41 PM by wba_1996 »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3586 on: October 01, 2022, 05:34:06 PM »
That’s the issue though. We jump from one style to the next with absolutely no thought process behind anything. Someone will start building an team of technical ball players, then they’ll get sacked and the next bloke starts bringing in big physical lumps. All that is interspersed with firefighters like Allardyce and Bruce who sign players in their 30s because they only want experience for the 6-12 months they know they’ll be in the job.

Club is run by inept idiots, they’re so poor at their jobs it makes me angry thinking about it.

That's the worrying part! Firing him would be great but who will they bring in is the big issue?! Will they think of plan and are we any closer to a DOF?! Needs to be back to the days of a head coach that is one part of a cog . Wishful thinking.

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3587 on: October 01, 2022, 05:34:51 PM »

Oh please. That’s not a source

However, Steve does need relieving of his duties immediately.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3588 on: October 01, 2022, 05:35:18 PM »
Ultimately we need Lai to start giving a toss and getting a plan in place. Wouldnt hold our collective breath

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3589 on: October 01, 2022, 05:36:32 PM »
Before a match now you just know we are not going to win . The best you can hope for is a draw . Thanks Steve Bruce for giving us the worst Albion side this century.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3590 on: October 01, 2022, 05:36:52 PM »
ITS THE DOOD SO PAY AS MUCH ATTENTION TO IT AS YOU LIKE SURROUND BRUCE MEETING TONIGHT.

"DOOD
@DoodWBA
Update

Its to do with mutual agreeing to terminate his contract which would involve no pay off.  This doesn't mean he would end up being sacked.
They might not agree and outcome.
Would you walk away from 1M?"

Bruce has never walked away without his payoff that i know of?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3591 on: October 01, 2022, 05:41:20 PM »
His post match certainly didn't sound like a man who knew he was about to leave

Should not even be in the position of needing to waste money on compensation. The summer we could have gotten rid for nothing. Madness that anyone thought it would get better

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3592 on: October 01, 2022, 05:42:09 PM »
His post match certainly didn't sound like a man who knew he was about to leave

I couldn’t listen, what rubbish did he spout?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3593 on: October 01, 2022, 05:42:25 PM »
This season in the Championship.... Played11 won a whopping 1

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3594 on: October 01, 2022, 05:42:41 PM »

"#WBA Steve Bruce says he’ll “batten down the hatches and get on with it” but accepts 1 win in 11 games “isn’t good enough”. Also contemplating a change of penalty taker after Karlan Grant’s third miss from the spot. #Baggies"

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3595 on: October 01, 2022, 05:43:33 PM »
In other words you’ll have to pay me off to leave.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3596 on: October 01, 2022, 05:44:40 PM »
In other words you’ll have to pay me off to leave.

Yep, give me what i came here for.

Albionfan1983

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3597 on: October 01, 2022, 05:47:14 PM »
Oh please. That’s not a source

However, Steve does need relieving of his duties immediately.

DODD isn't ITK, I have no idea why people actually think he does

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3598 on: October 01, 2022, 05:48:41 PM »
"#WBA Steve Bruce says he’ll “batten down the hatches and get on with it” but accepts 1 win in 11 games “isn’t good enough”. Also contemplating a change of penalty taker after Karlan Grant’s third miss from the spot. #Baggies"
Must have pretty thick skin after the abuse he got at Newcastle. I’m not advocating personal stick towards the bloke but he has to be made to feel very unwelcome at the Baggies.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3599 on: October 01, 2022, 05:49:07 PM »
“Isn’t good enough” must be the understatement of the 21st century.

It’s absolutely appalling. Useless. Dreadful. Abysmal. Unacceptable. Shocking.

He should be apologising to the supporters for the results - and then collecting his coat on the way out. He doesn’t need the money and he has done very little to earn it in his months with us.

I have no personal dislike for the man at all - I met him some years ago and he seemed a very nice chap. But that’s irrelevant. He has failed here and it is the end of his managerial career.

He should go with dignity and not wait for a pay-off that he doesn’t deserve.

But that won’t happen. He will wait for his last payday from the game.