Author Topic: Steve Bruce - Manager - SACKED  (Read 422990 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager
« Reply #2200 on: August 14, 2022, 05:05:09 PM »
Bruce out

3 games into the season.  :D

I’d prefer West Brom fans out if that is the weak mentality in the stands.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2201 on: August 14, 2022, 05:05:59 PM »
Bruce out

I agree (sadly).  Genuinely not looking for anyone to fail.  I don't see much hope with him making decisions like these.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2202 on: August 14, 2022, 05:07:51 PM »
The game against Watford showed me he can get a tune out of this lot. But whilst I’ve been critical of SB I think we need to back him at this point. We need at least a couple of quality signings in the next three weeks.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2203 on: August 14, 2022, 05:09:29 PM »

We agree on some things 😃
3 matches in,could have won all of them ,still gelling as a team and not quite able to start Yokuslu,scored in every match …Grady getting back to his best.
I don’t know what some expect…well I know some expect PSG to come in and take Livermore in exchange for Mbappe and blame Bruce for stopping it happening 😂
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2204 on: August 14, 2022, 05:11:29 PM »

Nah, that’s based on the pooh points tally and football he served up last year too.

Anyway, I won’t be drawn into some petty conflict online. I don’t go to games that much anymore but will do once Bruce has been sacked (probably some time in the next 6 weeks)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2205 on: August 14, 2022, 05:12:26 PM »
When your Manager doesn't pick your best team.........
When your managers knows theres a huge amount of games coming and Okay has next to nothing of pre season .
I don't blame Bruce for easing him in .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2206 on: August 14, 2022, 05:14:35 PM »
Nah, that’s based on the pooh points tally and football he served up last year too.

Anyway, I won’t be drawn into some petty conflict online. I don’t go to games that much anymore but will do once Bruce has been sacked (probably some time in the next 6 weeks)
I'm open minded on Bruce but I'll say we have played some much improved football so far this season. Been good to watch , needs a forward desperate though .

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2207 on: August 14, 2022, 05:15:48 PM »
If Steve Bruce thinks we need only a couple more players in this window then he is deluded. If he wants more but the club doesn't have the funds then say so.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2208 on: August 14, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »
I'm open minded on Bruce but I'll say we have played some much improved football so far this season. Been good to watch , needs a forward desperate though .

Depends how you like your football I suppose.

I don’t like old fashioned get the ball out wide and launch crosses into the box so therefore I’m naturally not going to like this style of play.

More worryingly without the ball I’m seeing similar issues as to what we had under Bilic. I’m sure the penny will drop for a few in the coming months.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2209 on: August 14, 2022, 05:18:53 PM »
When your managers knows theres a huge amount of games coming and Okay has next to nothing of pre season .

Come on, don't use common sense especially when it might not go with someone's personal hatred of a player.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2210 on: August 14, 2022, 05:22:09 PM »
The club - and Bruce, judging by his lazy comments about being interested in Keinan Davis, a few hours before he sealed his move to Watford - need to wake up make signings that will push some of these very average Championship players out of our first XI.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2211 on: August 14, 2022, 05:22:40 PM »

It's time for Yokuslu to start now. Take him off at HT or 60 minutes or so if he's lagging and bring JL on.

Phase OY in whilst phasing JL out.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2212 on: August 14, 2022, 05:23:49 PM »
Depends how you like your football I suppose.

I don’t like old fashioned get the ball out wide and launch crosses into the box so therefore I’m naturally not going to like this style of play.

More worryingly without the ball I’m seeing similar issues as to what we had under Bilic. I’m sure the penny will drop for a few in the coming months.
Take it you havent seen much then , not just crossing in as theres a nice mix . We need to get Swift more involved I'd agree behind the forward , I'd also like a forward who can hold the ball . If and when we score first a lot of teams will have to come out which means we should be able to play into more space .  Couple of right signings and we won't be far off and much improved to watch from last season .

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2213 on: August 14, 2022, 05:25:38 PM »
It's time for Yokuslu to start now. Take him off at HT or 60 minutes or so if he's lagging and bring JL on.

Phase OY in whilst phasing JL out.
Agree Gaz , won't we don't / didn't want from Bruce is a self  inflicted injury from rushing him . I expect him to start Cardiff , don't think Livermore has been that bad but his time has come .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2214 on: August 14, 2022, 05:25:57 PM »
Take it you havent seen much then , not just crossing in as theres a nice mix . We need to get Swift more involved I'd agree behind the forward , I'd also like a forward who can hold the ball . If and when we score first a lot of teams will have to come out which means we should be able to play into more space .  Couple of right signings and we won't be far off and much improved to watch from last season .

If we could get a CM  (Gilmour rumoured) and Delap or any other decent striker i think it would transform the team

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2215 on: August 14, 2022, 05:26:46 PM »
The worry for me is we did well against both fulham and Bournemouth last year and raised our game second half v boro and v favourites watford but no evidence of much today v blackburn. Was that down to him? Players? Both?

We still have furlong and livermore in team? Phillips is still getting minutes. We need to see okay and TGH or else it will be more of the same. We need a cf though. He should have gicen Dike a chance he didnt the lad pushes too hard in training to try force his way into side gets injured.

Bruce still hasnt won me over and he hasnt quite lost me yet but hes closer to the latter than former
O Albion we love you

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2216 on: August 14, 2022, 05:26:54 PM »
The game against Watford showed me he can get a tune out of this lot. But whilst I’ve been critical of SB I think we need to back him at this point. We need at least a couple of quality signings in the next three weeks.

I agree  to an extent but a doubt I have is that under Bruce we’ve always done well against teams like Watford. His two best games last season were vs Fulham and Bournemouth - similar to Watford two teams who give us the room to play. My concern is that Bruce can’t break down teams like Blackburn today who sit in a low block.

Willing to give him some more time as our squad is now better than he had last season, but we’re still big fish in this league and more often than not teams are going to sit deep against us. Jury is still v much out on whether Bruce is able to do that.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2217 on: August 14, 2022, 05:27:25 PM »
Agree Gaz , won't we don't / didn't want from Bruce is a self  inflicted injury from rushing him . I expect him to start Cardiff , don't think Livermore has been that bad but his time has come .

I don't rate JL generally but i agree, he's not been bad this season but he's not been good either. Yokuslu has to start from now on for me where possible. Age has caught up with JL BIG TIME and theres notihng JL can do about it.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2218 on: August 14, 2022, 05:28:15 PM »
I agree  to an extent but a doubt I have is that under Bruce we’ve always done well against teams like Watford. His two best games last season were vs Fulham and Bournemouth - similar to Watford two teams who give us the room to play. My concern is that Bruce can’t break down teams like Blackburn today who sit in a low block.

Willing to give him some more time as our squad is now better than he had last season, but we’re still big fish in this league and more often than not teams are going to sit deep against us. Jury is still v much out on whether Bruce is able to do that.

His managerial career date would suggest he cannot coach a possession game whatsoever

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2219 on: August 14, 2022, 05:28:25 PM »
Come on, don't use common sense especially when it might not go with someone's personal hatred of a player.
Sorry mate , won't happen again ;D

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2220 on: August 14, 2022, 05:44:16 PM »
For all the talk it is still 2 points from a possible 9 and puts pressure on our next 2 fixtures which we have to win at least one of. I’m all for aesthetically pleasing football but ultimately it’s all about results and our points per game ratio under this manager has to improve he’s been here long enough now .

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2221 on: August 14, 2022, 07:09:42 PM »
Talk of Bruce out in August is beyond witless.

The obvious problem with the team is that if Grant doesn’t score we don’t convert much, we lack goals from elsewhere. Failed to score more than a goal in any of the games so far and had plenty of chances. Why I wanted Gayle in.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2222 on: August 14, 2022, 07:37:13 PM »
His managerial career date would suggest he cannot coach a possession game whatsoever

You admitted that you don't go and this post proves your point. We are playing possession football and are getting lots of crosses in. As others have stated it is madness to be asking for the manager to be sacked already.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2223 on: August 14, 2022, 07:40:56 PM »
I'd sack him if he keeps playing Reach.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2224 on: August 14, 2022, 07:56:26 PM »
All this sacking talk is madness
Are any of you actual managers?
Have you actually sacked anybody?
Do you know what it's like to sack some on?
It's not easy it's not nice and you must have good reason
Try it