Author Topic: Steve Bruce - Manager - SACKED  (Read 423198 times)

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager
« Reply #1950 on: July 30, 2022, 05:14:37 PM »
He obviously believes in the likes of Livermore and Phillips far more than most of us supporters do. I hope he’s right. I’ll be happy to end up with egg on my face and be proved wrong. However, he has to accept that there are many of us who think he’s got it wrong again today and quite rightly we will give him a lot of stick if we don’t play well.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1951 on: July 30, 2022, 05:28:14 PM »
He obviously believes in the likes of Livermore and Phillips far more than most of us supporters do. I hope he’s right. I’ll be happy to end up with egg on my face and be proved wrong. However, he has to accept that there are many of us who think he’s got it wrong again today and quite rightly we will give him a lot of stick if we don’t play well.

Posts like this puzzle me to be honest. First game of the season and we have 5 subs to use. We do not have a bottomless squad so it will be the case that we are going to see some of our favourites sooner or later. If they were not starting today you would have had plenty to moan about when they come on in the second half. If we don’t get the right result today then we will ‘quite rightly’ give him plenty of stick. Really?

Why don’t we give SB 10 games first before we reach for the knife drawer?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 05:31:45 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1952 on: July 30, 2022, 05:31:12 PM »
Posts like this puzzle me to be honest. First game of the season and we have 5 subs to use. We do not have a bottomless squad so it will be the case that we are going to see some of our favourites sooner or later. If they were not starting today you would have had plenty to moan about when they come on in the second half. If we don’t get the right result today abs we will ‘quite rightly’ give him plenty of stick. Really?

I really hope I’m wrong. I would love us to smash it today. I just feel that SB had time to assess the squad last season. Livermore and Phillips weren’t good enough. We’ve known that for ages. He should know by now. But as I say - I hope I’m wrong.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1953 on: July 30, 2022, 05:46:38 PM »
Plan A to nick a 0-0 has gone.  Do you have a Plan B Bruce?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1954 on: July 30, 2022, 06:04:49 PM »
Owner needs to be ruthless, clearly Bruce isn’t up to task of getting us promoted and that’s just on his team selection which is shocking.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1955 on: July 30, 2022, 06:18:39 PM »
If he picks the same team next week, sack him, enough is enough

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1956 on: July 30, 2022, 06:26:25 PM »
Posts like this puzzle me to be honest. First game of the season and we have 5 subs to use. We do not have a bottomless squad so it will be the case that we are going to see some of our favourites sooner or later. If they were not starting today you would have had plenty to moan about when they come on in the second half. If we don’t get the right result today then we will ‘quite rightly’ give him plenty of stick. Really?

Not seen anything in the first 45 minutes to change my mind. The problems were very predictable. No imagination in team selection. He’s played it safe in the hope of pinching a win and got done. It’s obvious that the midfield still has no creativity and we needed to improve the right side of defence and left sided centre back. Also, we are playing without a centre forward. We don’t to be honest look any better than last season. I’m not puzzled at all. The only thing that is likely to puzzle me today will be Steve’s post match interview - excuse, blah, blah, blah, excuse and repeat!

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1957 on: July 30, 2022, 06:30:56 PM »
Bruce will say the grass was too long.  Or the away dressing room was the wrong temperature.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1958 on: July 30, 2022, 06:34:57 PM »
Bruce will say the grass was too long.  Or the away dressing room was the wrong temperature.
Yes, some honesty at times would be nice. What about, ‘my team selection was wrong’?

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1959 on: July 30, 2022, 06:38:26 PM »
TGH in centre midfield and Diagana on wing. Bruce will ALWAYS play it ultra safe. Go ask any Newcastle fan.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1960 on: July 30, 2022, 07:35:56 PM »
He got what he played for today. However, I’m not convinced he can take too much credit. Selection was unimaginative and predictable. We can’t have a midfield of Livermore and Molumby. Grant can not play as a central striker. Phillips should not be in the starting line up.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1961 on: July 30, 2022, 07:36:23 PM »
We got the point inspite of Bruce today.

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1962 on: July 30, 2022, 07:38:07 PM »
We got the point inspite of Bruce today.
Agreed and whilst I’m so pleased we did I want to see better from us.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1963 on: July 30, 2022, 07:42:59 PM »
Agreed and whilst I’m so pleased we did I want to see better from us.

We can and we will if Bruce drops 3 of the worst players.  Football isn't as hard as some of our managers make it out to be

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1964 on: July 30, 2022, 07:43:35 PM »
Let’s play a sweepstake on SB’s comments in the interview:

Slow start
Keep the ball
Need to pass better

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1965 on: July 30, 2022, 07:46:36 PM »
Think we should get rid as he clearly isn’t up to task in hand with ridiculous starting eleven and his reluctance to go for jugular when team was on top. Phillips, Grant, Furlong and Livermore shouldn’t be starting a championship game but idiot in charge can’t see that.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1966 on: July 30, 2022, 07:48:38 PM »
If he picks the same team next week, sack him, enough is enough

Absolutely outrageous comments. He has won a very useful point today.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1967 on: July 30, 2022, 07:49:51 PM »
Think we should get rid as he clearly isn’t up to task in hand with ridiculous starting eleven and his reluctance to go for jugular when team was on top. Phillips, Grant, Furlong and Livermore shouldn’t be starting a championship game but idiot in charge can’t see that.

It's the first game of the season I think alot of people are assuming that he could of just gone all guns blazing but to even suggest we should sack the head coach after getting a point at one of the toughest places to go in the league is nothing short of a laughable farce

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1968 on: July 30, 2022, 07:57:19 PM »
Poor starting lineup imo, Phillips starts to handle Jones who scores 15 mins in whilst MP is on the half way line…

Excellent second half though tbf and Dike could be a game changer, absolute monster up front. When he shrugged off Lenihan I had lukaku/carragher flashbacks  ;D

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1969 on: July 30, 2022, 07:59:46 PM »
It's the first game of the season I think alot of people are assuming that he could of just gone all guns blazing but to even suggest we should sack the head coach after getting a point at one of the toughest places to go in the league is nothing short of a laughable farce
Would I sack him - no I agree of course not. Having said that, I would not have appointed him in the first place. That said he has to shake it up like he said he would. I was encouraged by his comments at the end of last season. However, I was very disappointed to see us kick off with Furlong, Phillips, Livermore, Molumby and (at centre forward) Grant. Half a team that was so wrong last season starting us off this season.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 08:01:59 PM by Blowee »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1970 on: July 30, 2022, 08:01:55 PM »
Poor starting lineup imo, Phillips starts to handle Jones who scores 15 mins in whilst MP is on the half way line…

Excellent second half though tbf and Dike could be a game changer, absolute monster up front. When he shrugged off Lenihan I had lukaku/carragher flashbacks  ;D

Lenihan is one of the toughest Dike will come up against this year as well and Dike man handled him. Promising.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1971 on: July 30, 2022, 08:14:26 PM »

Lenihan is one of the toughest Dike will come up against this year as well and Dike man handled him. Promising.

Agreed, shame we couldn’t have shifted Kipre earlier as I’m sure we would have been interested. Boro away will be in the hardest 10% of fixtures this season so a point is great.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1972 on: July 30, 2022, 08:24:25 PM »
laugh all you want mate those are my options as for boro being a hard ground to get a something I’d agree with you when window closes. As for now they haven’t replaced player’s that they sold so were there for taking.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1973 on: July 30, 2022, 10:25:04 PM »
Absolute rubbish from Bruce today.  Phillips and Livermore?

Middlesbrough aren't very good.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1974 on: July 30, 2022, 10:46:20 PM »
Absolute rubbish from Bruce today.  Phillips and Livermore?

Middlesbrough aren't very good.
Middlesbrough are a good side and will be in the mix at the end of the season. The two best players on the pitch today where Bruce signings!! Get rid of some of the dross that the other managers brought in and let Bruce get his players in and we will see the difference. But like with your hate for Livermore you won't except and defence for Bruce. Calling for the managers head after the first game of the season after a decent away draw? Dear,dear me.