Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 1663 times)

jeffboy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« on: January 02, 2021, 11:20:34 PM »
West Ham United v West Bromwich Albion

Tuesday 19th January 2021 18.00pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

JMullen95

• Baby Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 12:51:44 AM »
Graham Scott is ref. Let’s hope he has a better game than he did the last time he officiated us against a team in claret and blue.

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 02:32:31 AM »
Graham Scott? Seriously? Such a pity I won't be there in person for said away day to let him know my thoughts on his abilities as a match day official. Then again, it's probably for the best I'll be at home as a banning order would probably ensue.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 05:30:09 PM »
Brilliant win today, but we need to be going for this if we want to survive. West ham are heading for mid table obscurity, but as long as they have a shot at the top 5, theyre going to keep pushing. Having players like Antonio and Soucek will cause problems for us, but its a different prospect to wolves. More physical, set piece dominated side rather than looking for those tricky wingers. A point wouldnt be awful, a win and we're right back in the survival mix.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 06:24:21 PM »
Brilliant win today, but we need to be going for this if we want to survive. West ham are heading for mid table obscurity, but as long as they have a shot at the top 5, theyre going to keep pushing. Having players like Antonio and Soucek will cause problems for us, but its a different prospect to wolves. More physical, set piece dominated side rather than looking for those tricky wingers. A point wouldnt be awful, a win and we're right back in the survival mix.

I would take a point now however you are right we should be looking for 3. SnodClass will have a point to prove
O Albion we love you

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 08:37:09 AM »
I’d take a point if I was offered it. A point on the board and keeps the momentum going

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 09:09:40 AM »
I’d only make one change to yesterday’s team for this - Gallagher in for Sawyers.

koren

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 09:25:26 AM »
I’d only make one change to yesterday’s team for this - Gallagher in for Sawyers.
Agreed.
Sawyers deserved to be dropped despite yesterday win.
The PRIDE of midlands

NJS

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 11:30:50 AM »
Wolves are 14th and without their main striker.  On points,  West Ham are 7th equal.  In the Moyes / Allardyce mould they play a defensive game and look to strike quickly.    Being able to get a stadium on the cheap  enabled them to invest in players.  Under previous managers the made some ropey picks but Moyes has brought in the Czechs Soucek and Coufal who are combative and decent.  Antonio is a handful. Rice, Creswell, Lanzini Bowen. This is going to be much more difficult.  I'd take a draw.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 11:46:29 AM »
A similar approach, in all its aspects, to the game against wolves and you can’t expect more than they give of their best.

I’d be happy with the draw.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

wodenson46

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 11:55:24 AM »
Graham Scott? Seriously? Such a pity I won't be there in person for said away day to let him know my thoughts on his abilities as a match day official. Then again, it's probably for the best I'll be at home as a banning order would probably ensue.

I'm now a peaceable man and having lived through and with violent times, would never condone violence to officials, nor anybody else for that matter. 

However, just as well I can't get at this bloke either. Doubt if it would be a banning order though. Probably another 18 months at one Her Majesty's Private members clubs. 6 for each of the West Ham stewards I might have to take down to get at him, and another 6 for smashing this client against the nearest wall and explaining to him what fair and objective means. He would be left with very little doubt, and even less chance of proliferating his line.

I might get remanded for a few weeks whilst they try to find his whistle, his radio and a 3 parts of his anatomy from his various orifices. But doubt there would be much chance of bail given previous.

Tranquility (nearly put 'peace', but with a capital letter might be misconstrued) to all. COYB
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:57:49 AM by wodenson46 »

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 12:32:51 PM »
I would take a point, West Ham have turned into a decent side, they are very much like the David Moyes Everton, not overly great to watch but organised, effective and get results, will be a very tough game.

Personally unless players are injured or showing fatigue, i would start with the same team that beat Wolves. It was the best result of the season, decent performance, a chance to build and a massive confidence boost, i think it would shatter that if somebody was dropped on the back of it.

At some point this season most players will be needed and i think if they know they are being dropped regardless it dont send a good message. I always think stick with a winning team where possible and if needed, the subs can come on and give themselves the chance to start the next match.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 02:24:28 PM »
I hope Antonio hasn't got 2 games in 4 days in his legs tbh.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 03:10:39 PM »
I’d take a point if I was offered it. A point on the board and keeps the momentum going

This.

So, so important to follow it up with another positive result. Even a 0-0 and a clean sheet.

baggies_24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 03:29:43 PM »
As much as you don’t want to change a winning team you’d think Gallagher has to come in for Sawyer’s, he’s simply the better player and we’d look better defensively with him there. Same if Sam is back fit he comes in for Button other than that keep the same, it might light a fire under Grady’s backside that he’s not guaranteed a starting place and needs to show more than he has done.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 04:49:44 PM »
As much as you don’t want to change a winning team you’d think Gallagher has to come in for Sawyer’s, he’s simply the better player and we’d look better defensively with him there. Same if Sam is back fit he comes in for Button other than that keep the same, it might light a fire under Grady’s backside that he’s not guaranteed a starting place and needs to show more than he has done.

Would agree with those two changes and keeping the rest as it is.

You cannot retain Sawyers after yesterday. I’ve never been so disgusted with a performance from an Albion player, the lack of any form of commitment was painfully lamentable

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »
Sawyers has been garbage for a while now. Leave him out for a few weeks.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 06:20:41 PM »
Either Johnstone or Button

O’Shea
Ajayi
Bartley
Gibbs

Snodgrass
Gallagher
Livermore
Grosicki

Pereira

Robinson

I’d be tempted to include peltier over Gibbs. I think we need to try and protect him somewhat whilst  Townsend is injured.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 06:28:26 PM »
Either Johnstone or Button

O’Shea
Ajayi
Bartley
Gibbs

Snodgrass
Gallagher
Livermore
Grosicki

Pereira

Robinson

I’d be tempted to include peltier over Gibbs. I think we need to try and protect him somewhat whilst  Townsend is injured.

Bowen vs Peltier? No thanks.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 07:09:52 PM »
Got my most hated team stuffed on Saturday. Now give my next most hated team a proper stuffing.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2021, 08:40:00 PM »
Bowen vs Peltier? No thanks.

It was more of a concern as to whether Gibbs can manage another game in quick succession. Hopefully he can

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 10:07:21 AM »
back to earth i am afraid 2-1
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 10:13:48 AM »
All I am really looking for is that a degree of consistence, on a par with the wolves game, is evident as consistence to perform at an acceptable level is key to the remainder of our season as we have 20 FA Cup finals upcoming.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 10:39:51 AM »
Teams at the bottom rarely beat teams in the top half, away from home, so expectations need to be measured here.
Whatever the result, we need to see a continuation of the improvement from Saturday. Better press, better passing, tracking back when out of possession and don't let our heads drop. All of that pretty much rules Sawyers out completely, so Gallagher in for him. Expect Johnstone back if he's fit but Button did ok, so no dramas if not.

Make Bartley captain.

Would snap your hands off if offered a draw but, let's face it, Saturday aside, based on recent results, losing to the odd goal should still be a positive.

2-1

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 10:46:16 AM »
I just want us to turn up, and if we can dig out a 0-0 or 1-1 that would be excellent - I know we need wins, but we also need a bit of momentum.