Author Topic: Mondelez sponsorship  (Read 1240 times)

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

Mondelez sponsorship
« on: November 17, 2020, 02:09:44 AM »
 ;D This is a massive deal for us from a company that is worth $85 Billion. Own Oreo, Kraft, Cadbury, Frys ,Ritz and many more snackfood companies.

I am really hoping there is something in the air on this. They could write a cheque for the whole club with a snap of the fingers.

Great news looking forward to ,maybe, new developments???. :o :o :o

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Mondelez sponsorship
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 03:18:31 AM »
Complete wishful thinking sorry.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 04:10:16 AM »
 ;D I did say "maybe?" ;)

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 07:11:57 AM »
;D This is a massive deal for us from a company that is worth $85 Billion. Own Oreo, Kraft, Cadbury, Frys ,Ritz and many more snackfood companies.

I am really hoping there is something in the air on this. They could write a cheque for the whole club with a snap of the fingers.

Great news looking forward to ,maybe, new developments???. :o :o :o

Chocolate fingers I assume.....

I like your thinking, but the pessimistic side of me sees this as another money making scheme for the club like the training ground sponsorship, nothing more.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 08:50:12 AM by skyclad99 »
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 07:39:06 AM »
Totally unrelated. I made a decision to stop buying Cadbury's following the takeover by Kraft (Mondelez) after the latter ruined the original product brand, and by association, I avoid any product of Mondelez. So I would have mixed feelings having this large corporation linked to our club.

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 08:45:41 AM »
Totally unrelated. I made a decision to stop buying Cadbury's following the takeover by Kraft (Mondelez) after the latter ruined the original product brand, and by association, I avoid any product of Mondelez. So I would have mixed feelings having this large corporation linked to our club.

I know what you mean, CDM from Bournville is still the same and I buy that, but a box of Milk Tray these days is made in either Poland or Ireland and you can tell.........

Thankfully they have not meddled with the CDM recipe......... and they even bought back Old Jamaica! ;D
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 05:29:49 PM »
You obviously haven't tried snow-enrobed Oreos then...they're like crack. Maybe each fan can get a free Oreo at the next home game.

Well, I guess it means a bit more money then. Better than that season we didn't have a sponsor, then the year after it was a new sponsor each week.

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 06:51:52 PM »
......... and they even bought back Old Jamaica! ;D

Right up until that statement I didn't like Mondelez. Quality.

Well let's hope it injects some coffers into the funds.... though I confess I don't know entirely how that pans out.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »
Just not looking forward to moving to the Curly Wurly Stadium.....

;D
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Pelada

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »
I also heard a Wispa that Mondelez might be sniffing around.

;D

About time they bought back the Dream, what a bar that was, sickly but bloody lovely.

Eclairs in the Heroes box though- what a waste.

Joking aside, this is an interesting development for the club but as per the posts above, I too get slightly nervous at big corporations like this.

NJS

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »
I know what you mean, CDM from Bournville is still the same and I buy that, but a box of Milk Tray these days is made in either Poland or Ireland and you can tell.........

Thankfully they have not meddled with the CDM recipe......... and they even bought back Old Jamaica! ;D

I think Cadburys Dairy Milk has 50% sugar product including teh lactose and approx. a paltry 25% cocoa.  Bournville has 36% chocolate but perversely these days that's made in France.

Great for a sweet tooth but maybe not if you actually like chocolate.
Hales Owen born.  "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."  Karl Popper
"You can be so irrational at times." Mrs NJS

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 08:17:20 PM »
Thoughts about them being the saviours of our club...

I should cocoa.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 11:35:42 AM »
I think Cadburys Dairy Milk has 50% sugar product including teh lactose and approx. a paltry 25% cocoa.  Bournville has 36% chocolate but perversely these days that's made in France.

Great for a sweet tooth but maybe not if you actually like chocolate.

I'm fairly sure they reduced the amount of cocoa butter and replaced it with the cheaper and worse tasting Shea butter. Growing up in Bournville, I always had a special affection for Cadburys, but Mondelez have been American-ising them for so long, it's unrecognisable to what it once was.

That and the shrinkflation means you pay more for less, but that's not distinct to Mondelez
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

EastYorksAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 12:32:56 PM »
I'm fairly sure they reduced the amount of cocoa butter and replaced it with the cheaper and worse tasting Shea butter. Growing up in Bournville, I always had a special affection for Cadburys, but Mondelez have been American-ising them for so long, it's unrecognisable to what it once was.

That and the shrinkflation means you pay more for less, but that's not distinct to Mondelez
Whereabouts in Bournville, I used to live just up the road on Watford Road.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 06:33:23 PM »
Whereabouts in Bournville, I used to live just up the road on Watford Road.

That's Cotteridge, isn't it?  ;)

Bristol Road side, near the Police Station
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

EastYorksAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 04:34:31 PM »
That's Cotteridge, isn't it?  ;)

Bristol Road side, near the Police Station
Yeah Cottetridge, about 5 mins from the factory. Though originally from Northfield.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 05:28:43 PM »
Complete wishful thinking sorry.
Why? and why else would a monster conglomerate be interested in some miniscule sponsorship deal with 'lil old Albion ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 06:05:07 PM »
Sounds like a sweet deal
Twitter: @floydy1983

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 06:16:50 PM »
Why? and why else would a monster conglomerate be interested in some miniscule sponsorship deal with 'lil old Albion ?
why would Monster Energy want to sponsor our training ground?