Author Topic: After Match Debate  (Read 3213 times)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 10:05:31 PM »
Headlines:

-We played well and looked the better team going in the second half.
-Robbed by ref and var.
-Much better without Livermore.
-Robinson no luck whatsoever, great shot off the bar.
-Johnstone number of very good saves; only negative this evening he isn’t capable of staying on his line to save penalties, even the penalty they scored from he jumped forward off his line so that would have been retaken for a third time had it not gone in.

110% unlucky, couldn’t expect any more from management or the team.
Mate i don't rate Johnstone never have never will but to criticise him tonight for not staying on his line? Dear me.

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2020, 10:06:15 PM »
Headlines:

-Robbed by ref and var.
-Johnstone number of very good saves; only negative this evening he isn’t capable of staying on his line to save penalties, even the penalty they scored from he jumped forward off his line so that would have been retaken for a third time had it not gone in.

Johnstone was off cause of Fernandez doing his Run Jump Kick thing which hasn't only caught out Johnston on 5 Live a few weeks back there were debating Fernandez doing his Run thing and saying Goalkeepers can't help it as they expect him to kick it not do all the Jumping and stuff hence he should be penalised for it as it creates an unfair advantage
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 10:06:26 PM »
So much for sacking Bilic. Last two games we have been desperately unlucky. I know we have won no points so don’t need anyone to point that out, but small margins now. Keep the faith, this will turn around.

Every word, mate, every word.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »
Very happy with lads performance. Can’t do much against a team of 15.

As I said in one of my posts, I always try to see things from both sides but how any neutral fan could watch that and say we weren’t hard done by has rocks in their head.

Toward the end of the game the commentators on Optus were saying David Coote had a good game, got every thing pretty much spot on - what a load of garbage!

Only 4 minutes added time with all the Var stoppages and retake.
Rightly let United play advantage and came back to book Gallagher. Same thing other way with massive advantage for us  and blows up to be seen to book a United player.

Need a big all round performance against a non-big team next week now.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »
Have to agree. He’s a classy player on the ball but he refuses to leave the beach. No near the intesinty required to play in the premier league. Gallagher is ten times the player he is. Krov should be ahead of him for me.

I would also start Krov, however if he’s unavailable Livermore has to start before Sawyers.

I’d also start Field before Sawyers
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 10:07:13 PM »
I think we have turned a corner albeit performances only. As the last 2 games we have been far better. We look like we have settled on a system and look more confident in it. They ran their balls of today and deserved something from the game.

Officials cost us. Our pen was stone wall soon as it went to VAR you knew what was coming? What irritated me was in the build up to the pen maguirre was fouling grant surely if not pen you take it back to that?

Their pen soft in the handball area of law which is daft. Then a retake. Johnstone needs to work on staying on the line for penaltys... his best game for wba today sadly it counts for nothing.

Big pressure on Sheffield united game.
I hope the board don't get trigger happy. I think if we can stay in touch until January and get some more off the books that billic doesn't fancy; Austin grosicki we must surely have some chance of bringing in what we need to help us stay up.

Well done wba hold your heads high not your fault the league is bent
O Albion we love you

wodenson46

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »
WBA 1 (pen) Man Utd 0 - 3 pts to WBA except for a bent ref: Not mistaken BENT in nearly every decision. He gives free kicks to them every time there is a similar tackle to the one he said wasn't a penalty to us. All that game needs to be analysed by an independent non British body, the result overturned, and 3 retrospective points awarded to us. I know that's impossible, but hey this is the Skye premier league the fantasy world where only the big 6 c(o)unts, and woe betide the official that bucks it.

JMullen95

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 10:07:52 PM »
Peter Bankes (stupid moron in Stockley Park) is a cheating rat.

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »
Headlines:

-Robbed by ref and var.

Another great post. I really hope that SB and the squad don't lose faith. They gave it everything.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 10:09:35 PM »
Gallagher Johnstone our best player's Pereira and Diangana shadow of their former selfs. Sawyers poor as per and HRK what's the point.

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 10:10:10 PM »
WBA 1 (pen) Man Utd 0 - 3 pts to WBA except for a bent ref: Not mistaken BENT in nearly every decision. He gives free kicks to them every time there is a similar tackle to the one he said wasn't a penalty to us. All that game needs to be analysed by an independent non British body, the result overturned, and 3 retrospective points awarded to us. I know that's impossible, but hey this is the Skye premier league the fantasy world where only the big 6 c(o)unts, and woe betide the official that bucks it.
He might as well have bent down and bowed down to United or taken the money they paid him and ran before an angry bunch of Albion Fans give him a Kicking
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »
It's shown our pen decision loads of times now, can't even see how the Utd player touched the ball.  At least in the Villa game you can clearly see the ball come off the Brighton defender - this one I can't see any contact.  The spin on the ball doesn't change at all.

Dudleylad

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 10:10:54 PM »
It looked even more of a penalty in slow motion.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 10:11:22 PM »
Thought Sawyers played well, the stats show he got four tackles in, three interceptions and had the most touches of any of our midfield.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2020, 10:11:36 PM »
Livermore and Gibbs unlikely to be available next week due to Covid isolation
Stay safe, Stay well
It is what it is and will be what it will be.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2020, 10:12:00 PM »
How can a system which has been brought in to make better decisions not only get it wrong, but over turn a right one.

It's things like this which make you fell like what's the point.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2020, 10:13:21 PM »
Thought Sawyers played well, the stats show he got four tackles in, three interceptions and had the most touches of any of our midfield.

He will have a lot of touches because he picks it up off the defence and plays it simple.  4 tackles doesn't seem a lot for the deep sitting midfield against a team with a lot of the ball.

They're discussing the foul in the build up to Gallagher's pen - worse looking at it again.  Clear foul and a red.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2020, 10:13:21 PM »
Also worth saying that sawyers had his best game for us for a while. Gallagher looks a decent signing for us. We looked better without Livermore in midfield.

Diangana and periera low on confidence, the former really struggling at this level periera just needs some runners around him and to get the final pass right and he be ok.

Also thought back 3 looked solid. Shout out to Townsend who I thought did well
O Albion we love you

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2020, 10:13:53 PM »
VAR 1 - 0  West Brom
Stay safe, Stay well
It is what it is and will be what it will be.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2020, 10:15:04 PM »

Then I suggest you rewatch the game and concentrate only on Sawyers.

He has no desire whatsoever, he simply stops when he loses possession.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2020, 10:16:55 PM »
The clear foul on Gallagher in the build up to their goal.  Absolutely blatant and VAR didn't look at it at all.  TV ref said they should have gone back to it and it's a clear foul.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:02 PM »
Even Man United boys in BT stating the vast amount of VAR decisions that went against us.

lewisant

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:36 PM »
Joke game, really hard to take that tonight. Bilic needs to go in. And he certainly needs to be given the next 3 games. Sheff U and Palace at home followed by Newcastle away. If we haven't added a couple of wins or 5 points by the end of those we have to reconsider...

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2020, 10:18:26 PM »
Rio, Scholes, and Peter Walton ripping the game and decisions to pieces...no doubt about it we should have won ( if we had scored our pen )..Connor was fouled by Fred right before their pen..Coote had a birds eye view and ignored the foul and VAR didnt check either.. just shocking..

KYA

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2020, 10:19:51 PM »
Well played the lads no fault of theirs today dodgy officials lost us that game from what you lads were saying, other than that did you enjoy it?