Author Topic: Conor Gallagher joins on loan  (Read 16117 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Conor Gallagher joins on loan
« Reply #250 on: November 09, 2020, 09:20:02 PM »
We did....for quite a few years
We did ....but why would people let facts get in the way of a good “poor me” moan?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2020, 09:22:47 PM »
It matters because we bring players on like Lukaku, Barnes , Diangana, now Gallagher, and they either walk away, like Lukaku and Barnes or we are able to buy them at a premium as Diangana and maybe Gallagher.
We should not be taking anyone on loan without an option to buy. If the Technical/Sporting Director and Team Manager cannot ascertain whether a player is good enough to improve our team and have the balls to commit to that player, then we should just develop our own players.
The salient point is , if we are lucky enough to avoid relegation, and want to sign Gallagher, and Chelsea make him available to us , then we will be using our transfer budget just to stand still , as we did with Diangana. Difficult for us to make progress with team building .
What a weird way of looking at it...are you actually saying that when quality is available on loan we shouldn’t...because we might not be able to buy them...or if we can, then it wouldn’t count because we know them so therefore they do not improve the team?
I’m really struggling to understand how you think we can get by as a club?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »
You reckon we can just throw our weight around and get whoever we want on our terms? Terribly naive.
Terribly naive? not at all . Conor Gallagher has not made a single appearance in Chelsea's first team at the age of twenty , but he showed enough potential in loan spells at Charlton and Swansea last season for us to take a punt. he will be a very good player, but i would bet he will not get a look in at Chelsea, and if he carries on as he has started here they will ask us for £25M for him. 
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2020, 09:31:29 PM »
What a weird way of looking at it...are you actually saying that when quality is available on loan we shouldn’t...because we might not be able to buy them...or if we can, then it wouldn’t count because we know them so therefore they do not improve the team?
I’m really struggling to understand how you think we can get by as a club?
I don't think I was suggesting that at all
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2020, 09:31:51 PM »
Terribly naive? not at all . Conor Gallagher has not made a single appearance in Chelsea's first team at the age of twenty , but he showed enough potential in loan spells at Charlton and Swansea last season for us to take a punt. he will be a very good player, but i would bet he will not get a look in at Chelsea, and if he carries on as he has started here they will ask us for £25M for him.
Gnabry didn’t get a look in at Arsenal...

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2020, 02:29:47 PM »
Not interested in Gnabry or Arsenal, but I would have liked us to have made an offer for a loan with a view to buy for Gallagher. That is the way for this club to make progress with good young players.

You are talking like you witnessed our backroom dealings first hand. The main point is that Gallagher is highly rated at Chelsea and will most likely playing for them in the not too distant future. You are making so many assumptions as if they are fact then it really is naive. I don't mean to be insulting, I just cannot get my head around your logic and your baseless assumptions.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2020, 02:51:26 PM »
And Graham Fenton was our best player
And Lukaku was our best player
And last season Pereira was our best player

So what ?

I'm personally more than happy to take on loan players if they have the right attributes and attitude.  Lukaku's loan spell was a joy and we occasionally have players in the team we could no where near afford.   Of course it woukd be ideal to get loan to buy, as with Pez, but if that offer isnt on the table you have to take Gallagher anyway.   And let's face it if Gallagher continues to develop and impress at pace he will be a £25m player by end of the season in this ridiculous marks place.  Chelsea are masters of this game and don't (often) release players under value.

My post was just in  summary of 68' ie that it showd how far away we are from the top teams in regards to quality of squad if our best CM couldn't even get near the Chelsea squad.   Just an observation nowt else, probably wasted finger taps.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 02:58:27 PM by Oldbury24 »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2020, 07:49:14 PM »
Speaking factually as it happens in regard to no "option to buy" bid, the rest is my opinion and you are insulting.
I genuinely don’t think he was trying to be insulting, the point is how would anyone know that our negotiators hadn’t tried every way they could to get a loan to buy...you would assume most clubs try to at least.

Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2020, 10:47:15 PM »
Gallagher signed a 5 year contract with Chelsea in September, a loan to buy deal after that isn't going to happen.

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2020, 12:11:08 PM »
Gallagher signed a 5 year contract with Chelsea in September, a loan to buy deal after that isn't going to happen.

Shame we've no chance, he's made an instant impact for me and was excellent against Spurs. Let's hope he can make enough of a difference this season.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
He is a good player. Very dogged and combative.  I think he is a much better player, but has a bit and Andy Johnson's about him in that his effort and engine that will be his biggest asset.  Exactly what a club in our position needs.

I'm not sure I see him ever being a top 6 player though. I might be doing him a disservice and perhaps in a better team where he can slow down a little and doesn't need to be going from pillar to post he would be levels above but i'm not sure. I think the 5 year Chelsea deal protects Chelsea's future income rather than suggests CG has a future there.

Eventually he will sign for a Palace, Sheffield United, Southampton or a West Brom I think. It will depend on how well he has done, where a club like that is at in 3 years time, and who needs a player like him when he is sick of the loans really and wants to really make a career somewhere.

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2020, 12:38:43 PM »
He is a good player. Very dogged and combative.  I think he is a much better player, but has a bit and Andy Johnson's about him in that his effort and engine that will be his biggest asset.  Exactly what a club in our position needs.

I'm not sure I see him ever being a top 6 player though. I might be doing him a disservice and perhaps in a better team where he can slow down a little and doesn't need to be going from pillar to post he would be levels above but i'm not sure. I think the 5 year Chelsea deal protects Chelsea's future income rather than suggests CG has a future there.

Eventually he will sign for a Palace, Sheffield United, Southampton or a West Brom I think. It will depend on how well he has done, where a club like that is at in 3 years time, and who needs a player like him when he is sick of the loans really and wants to really make a career somewhere.

I would fully echo this. Lets enjoy him while we have him!

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »
Good all-rounder. Will get better ovet the next few years as well. As stated lets enjoy him while he's here.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2020, 11:46:00 PM »
Another good performance.

Looks like he’s going to become some player, has a bit of everything.

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2020, 11:51:21 PM »
He's brilliant.

CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2020, 09:59:06 AM »
Best player on the pitch yesterday.

A small shining light in a depressing season.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2020, 02:42:23 PM »
Outstanding for me. To be honest when we signed him I thought there was far too much excitement for this forum because he’s so young and hasn’t played at this level before. But fair play he’s been outstanding and doesn’t seem to have a weakness to his game.

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2020, 03:12:02 PM »
Cracking player, got it all in his locker.

baggies_24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #268 on: Yesterday at 07:03:07 PM »
This kid doesn’t get enough plaudits for me, been our best player this year so far. He’s got an absolute engine on him, can run for days. So composed on the ball to think he’s 20 the lads got a very promising career Chelsea have themselves a player. 

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #269 on: Yesterday at 07:48:00 PM »
Gallagher
Townsend
Robinson

All been fantastic in my opinion, even I also have to throw in Johnstone

On Gallagher , I said when he was at Charlton he was some player , he’s got a great engine and plays with ethic of someone that knows he can play, but knows he has to earn that right.
There is no way we will get him perm, but he’s exactly what we need .