Author Topic: Conor Gallagher (on loan from Chelsea)  (Read 31749 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Conor Gallagher joins on loan
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2020, 07:36:21 PM »
This kid is good M.O.M for me tonight.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2020, 07:38:41 PM »
This kid is good M.O.M for me tonight.

Him or Krovinovic. Ajayi had a game as well. Suited him playing a high line second half though against one paced forwards.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2020, 07:46:04 PM »
Man of the match for me, quality player

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2020, 08:00:58 PM »
Quality player. Great future ahead of him.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2020, 08:03:13 PM »
Box to box - by god we've missed that since the Mulumbu Yacob axis! Really enjoyed watching this guy tonight. Good shot on him too.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Gilsey 56

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2020, 08:53:57 PM »
energy at last, how long have we been crying out for that. mom for me also.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »
Looked good. It felt at one point that he suddenly realised he could compete at this level and that he needed to dictate play a bit more. Thought he was excellent.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2020, 10:22:20 PM »
He is excellent - everything our midfield has been missing for some years. He looks such a happy character too
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2020, 11:02:22 PM »
Two games in and I already hate that he is a loaner not our player! Had the same feeling with Pereira and Diangana last season  ;D

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #234 on: October 26, 2020, 11:40:18 PM »
Yup. Chelski ask us to "blood" their players. Remember Lukaku? He helped us then too.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #235 on: October 26, 2020, 11:42:58 PM »
Yup. Chelski ask us to "blood" their players. Remember Lukaku? He helped us then too.

Is he getting near the chelsea first team anytime soon though? If you stay up you never know. Who would have thought we would have landed Grady...
O Albion we love you

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2020, 01:40:00 AM »
Absolute quality player.

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2020, 04:17:01 AM »
Played well, but did go down easily a couple of times looking for the a free kick that didn't come.

A bit like Krov was like when he began playing for us.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2020, 08:10:10 AM »
Played well, but did go down easily a couple of times looking for the a free kick that didn't come.

No one in an Albion shirt does that better than Pereira. Annoys me sometimes.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2020, 01:15:33 PM »
Think he could become one of our most important players. Seems to have enough energy to play box to box. Has a decent shot. Has undoubtedly got a good long pass in him. Can he set up chances through short passing? Hopefully.
One question is that if Livermore is dropped, and he plays with Krov and Pereira in midfield, who has the best defensive qualities?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
Think he could become one of our most important players. Seems to have enough energy to play box to box. Has a decent shot. Has undoubtedly got a good long pass in him. Can he set up chances through short passing? Hopefully.
One question is that if Livermore is dropped, and he plays with Krov and Pereira in midfield, who has the best defensive qualities?

CG does, and he would sit deeper than the other 2 and I don't think Krov can tackle well at all.

If the bids come in (unlikely I know) but I would sell livermore and/or sawyers and try to pull a fast one on Chelsea (very unlikely I know again) and bid around £12m for him knowing that they took £4m for Lamptey.

After getting GD you never know. He only has to look at Loftus cheek to see how potential can turn to nothing without game time.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2020, 07:50:32 PM »
What an engine this kid has, none stop for 90 minutes, all over the pitch, gutsy little bugger , love him. First on the team sheet for me. What a shame that once again we are developing a player for a club that has so many players they don't know what to do with them. We can never compete in this league  I am afraid , not on a level playing field, at the foot of a mountain.

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »
Conor has to be looking to move from Chelsea. He is unlikely ever to be a first teaser there. They have a couple of Brits in front of him and if they really need somebody they have the financial clout to get who they want .
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2020, 07:58:51 PM »
What an engine this kid has, none stop for 90 minutes, all over the pitch, gutsy little bugger , love him. First on the team sheet for me. What a shame that once again we are developing a player for a club that has so many players they don't know what to do with them. We can never compete in this league  I am afraid , not on a level playing field, at the foot of a mountain.
Why oh why does it matter?????
If he plays well and helps us achieve the aim, who cares if we are helping Chelsea ...they are helping us .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2020, 08:53:09 PM »
If he plays well and helps us achieve the aim, who cares if we are helping Chelsea ...they are helping us .

I think the point was also that a player who can't even get near the squad for his parent club has walked onto our team and already looks our best CM.   

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2020, 09:09:43 PM »

We did....for quite a few years

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2020, 09:11:21 PM »
It matters because we bring players on like Lukaku, Barnes , Diangana, now Gallagher, and they either walk away, like Lukaku and Barnes or we are able to buy them at a premium as Diangana and maybe Gallagher.
We should not be taking anyone on loan without an option to buy. If the Technical/Sporting Director and Team Manager cannot ascertain whether a player is good enough to improve our team and have the balls to commit to that player, then we should just develop our own players.
The salient point is , if we are lucky enough to avoid relegation, and want to sign Gallagher, and Chelsea make him available to us , then we will be using our transfer budget just to stand still , as we did with Diangana. Difficult for us to make progress with team building .
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:15:03 PM by iwastherein68 »

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2020, 09:14:14 PM »
I think the point was also that a player who can't even get near the squad for his parent club has walked onto our team and already looks our best CM.
Thanks Oldbury.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2020, 09:14:37 PM »
It matters because we bring players on like Lukaku, Barnes , Diangana, now Gallagher, and the either walk away, like Lukaku and Barnes or we are able to buy them at a premium as Diangana and maybe Gallagher.
We should not be taking anyone on loan without an option to buy. If the Technical/Sporting Director and Team Manager cannot ascertain whether a player is good enough to improve our team and have the balls to commit to that player, then we should just develop our own players.
The salient point is , if we are lucky enough to avoid relegation, and want to sign Gallagher, and Chelsea make him available to us , then we will be using our transfer budget just to stand still , as we did with Diangana. Difficult for us to make progress with team building .

You reckon we can just throw our weight around and get whoever we want on our terms? Terribly naive.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
And Graham Fenton was our best player
And Lukaku was our best player
And last season Pereira was our best player

So what ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..