Author Topic: 26 Sept 2020 Albion 3 Chelsea 3  (Read 14569 times)

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

Re: Yellow for Furlong
« Reply #525 on: September 28, 2020, 07:06:27 AM »
Never a yellow card.  How many seconds had he been holding the ball ?

Chelsea's 2nd goal should never have been allowed either. Clear foul not given then 10 seconds later they score.  On Sky Knapper said it was 20 seconds later but it was nearer 10 seconds.

Who is Knapper?
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Yellow for Furlong
« Reply #526 on: September 28, 2020, 07:50:28 AM »
Who is Knapper?

Could it be Redknap?
Maybe he's a buddy  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #527 on: September 28, 2020, 10:29:03 AM »
At the time, I was convinced we should have had a foul on the build up to their first, has anyone seen replays? I don't do motd etc. but doubt they would have shown it anyway. Anyone confirm or dispell?

It looked to me like a foul on Furlong as part of the play leading to their second goal, not sure of any foul in the build up to the first goal...a general lack of closing down in midfield lead to Mount getting the shot off, a statuesque goalkeeper meant it was always going in.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #528 on: September 28, 2020, 10:34:04 AM »
It looked to me like a foul on Furlong as part of the play leading to their second goal, not sure of any foul in the build up to the first goal...a general lack of closing down in midfield lead to Mount getting the shot off, a statuesque goalkeeper meant it was always going in.
That's the one I was on about mate.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #529 on: September 28, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
That's the one I was on about mate.

definitely a foul then.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2020, 11:09:19 AM »
On the VAR handball. Stating that we had a chance to clear it. Haven't rewatched it closely but couldn't it be argued that the different spin of the ball from the hand-ball impacted the quality of the clearance; offering up the goal opportunity.

Or could have just been a rubbish effort by HRK.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2020, 11:15:58 AM »
felt like loosing, lets open not too mentally damaging on the players
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #532 on: September 28, 2020, 11:18:08 AM »
On the VAR handball. Stating that we had a chance to clear it. Haven't rewatched it closely but couldn't it be argued that the different spin of the ball from the hand-ball impacted the quality of the clearance; offering up the goal opportunity.

Or could have just been a rubbish effort by HRK.

It was handball pure and simple theres no need for further analysis.

Everyone knows if you chest the ball with your arms at the side of you, you are creating a slightly bigger target deliberately. If the ball nicks your arm its handball.

If that happens in the centre circle it is a free kick and if we had scored that goal no way would it have been allowed. Even a Villa fan said that to be yesterday. Lineker and his cronies on MOTD would've soon found a different interpretation of the incident.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2020, 11:26:20 AM »
That's where these rules benefit the big clubs.  They're open to interpretation - if that had been disallowed I don't think anyone would consider it unfair.  It's clear handball and stopped it from going out of play.

wodenson46

• Youth Baggie

Re: match officials
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2020, 12:05:59 PM »
I thought Moss reffed pretty fairly on both sides. He has no control over VAR...so cannot take blame for Chelseas' 3rd goal.

Agree he was impartial and fair in the first 45. After the break Chelsea were allowed to do a lot of the same things he had called fouls in the first half. One of the reasons we found it harder to get forward. The foul on Furlong before their second goal a particular case in point, but one of many little bits and pieces they got away with.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »
It was handball pure and simple theres no need for further analysis.

Everyone knows if you chest the ball with your arms at the side of you, you are creating a slightly bigger target deliberately. If the ball nicks your arm its handball.

If that happens in the centre circle it is a free kick and if we had scored that goal no way would it have been allowed. Even a Villa fan said that to be yesterday. Lineker and his cronies on MOTD would've soon found a different interpretation of the incident.

Did you watch MOTD? All Lineker did was read out the new rule and the given explanation as to why the goal was allowed. In the following discussion on handball all the panelists said they think the handball rule as it stands is a nonsense.

The older rule about intent/ deliberate hand ball was better but was also open to interpretation.

bigcyrille

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2020, 01:11:52 PM »
Masi is not an idiot. So negative and so personal. Just no need.

Agreed, I think an apology is due...

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2020, 01:14:25 PM »
Agreed, I think an apology is due...

No apology needed, he is just stating his opinion, very bluntly mind but it's still his opinion.