Author Topic: Karlan Grant Signs  (Read 51075 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Karlan Grant Signs
« Reply #625 on: October 12, 2020, 11:13:28 AM »
Remember when we started the season with 3 strikers and one of them was HRK?  I didn't think that would happen either.

You must have been in the minority, I think a lot of us saw this coming.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tambag

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #626 on: October 12, 2020, 03:05:58 PM »
Pete O'Rourke
@SportsPeteO
·
2m
Fulham are in advanced talks to sign Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo. #FFC #htafc

If Fulham pay money upfront, then it won't help us with getting Grant.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #627 on: October 12, 2020, 03:21:21 PM »
What concerns me most is that no one, absolutely no one, that I am aware of, appears to be interested in Karlan
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #628 on: October 12, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »
What concerns me most is that no one, absolutely no one, that I am aware of, appears to be interested in Karlan

I think thats what they meant when they most of our targets were under the radar. Grants our target and no one else wants him. Spin masters.

TBF to Grant he's better than anything we have.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #629 on: October 12, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »
I think thats what they meant when they most of our targets were under the radar. Grants our target and no one else wants him. Spin masters.

TBF to Grant he's better than anything we have.

That's not a great recommendation though is it ?  :D :D :D
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #630 on: October 12, 2020, 03:28:30 PM »
That's not a great recommendation though is it ?  :D :D :D

I'm trying to be more positive with my words mate  ;D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #631 on: October 12, 2020, 06:25:20 PM »

Can only be good news, means we're unlikely to be gazumped!!  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #632 on: October 12, 2020, 06:45:57 PM »
Can only be good news, means we're unlikely to be gazumped!!  ;D
On the other hand, sometimes clubs wait in the wings to see a deal being agreed and then make their move - let another club go through pain of the negotiations and then leap in at the end to offer the equivalent or better terms once the full lie of the land is apparent.

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #633 on: October 12, 2020, 06:51:51 PM »
Nixon says we made a new offer, not accepted. Sounds like it's going all the way to see who blinks first.

costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #634 on: October 12, 2020, 07:12:35 PM »
Nixon says we made a new offer, not accepted. Sounds like it's going all the way to see who blinks first.
We’ve blinked. We’ll most probably have to blink again. This guy better be good if he arrives. Have we ever had such a drawn out transfer?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #635 on: October 12, 2020, 07:14:50 PM »
I'd like to say no but i wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #636 on: October 12, 2020, 07:15:47 PM »
Remember when we started the season with 3 strikers and one of them was HRK?  I didn't think that would happen either.
Robinson
Zohore
Austin
HRK
4?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #637 on: October 12, 2020, 07:52:55 PM »
We’ve blinked. We’ll most probably have to blink again. This guy better be good if he arrives. Have we ever had such a drawn out transfer?
Yes everyone we do these days.
In Slaven we trust

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2020, 11:22:15 PM »

IIRC both Hoult and Moore were pursued over multiple windows.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #639 on: October 12, 2020, 11:32:04 PM »

Pretty bored of it now to be honest.

Should have moved on weeks ago....
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

tex

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #640 on: October 13, 2020, 01:59:02 AM »
i think we all know how this plays out, Friday lots of rumor's that we are buying someone half decent. late in the day Zohore and Austin sold and at the last minute we get message that deal could not be pushed across the line for Grant. Board issues a statement that they tried all avenues and now look forward to securing our status in the premier league. We are in ground hog day

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #641 on: October 13, 2020, 04:17:42 AM »
i think we all know how this plays out, Friday lots of rumor's that we are buying someone half decent. late in the day Zohore and Austin sold and at the last minute we get message that deal could not be pushed across the line for Grant. Board issues a statement that they tried all avenues and now look forward to securing our status in the premier league. We are in ground hog day

There's no way we'll go into the first half of the season with just Robinson and Kanu.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #642 on: October 13, 2020, 09:08:39 AM »
There's no way we'll go into the first half of the season with just Robinson and Kanu.
I hope this isn't another of your bold posts on here that proves to be wrong Jacko ! :o  :).
I'd like to think the dealine for Grant is late Today , sick of it to be honest.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #643 on: October 13, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »
The longer it goes on the more pressure it puts on the guy, should he eventually sign.
Imagine if he comes in at the eleventh hour. He will then need 3 weeks "adjustment" before he even pulls the shirt on. Then, when he does finally get a kick, gawd help him if he doesn't get off to a flyer as it will be, "cor believe we chased this bloke for 6 months, he's rubbish. May as well of kept Zohore"
Hope I'm wrong because I think he has potential and is definitely better than what we have but I just don't see this ending well. The club have handled this whole situation appallingly.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #644 on: October 13, 2020, 09:59:28 AM »
The longer it goes on the more pressure it puts on the guy, should he eventually sign.
Imagine if he comes in at the eleventh hour. He will then need 3 weeks "adjustment" before he even pulls the shirt on. Then, when he does finally get a kick, gawd help him if he doesn't get off to a flyer as it will be, "cor believe we chased this bloke for 6 months, he's rubbish. May as well of kept Zohore"
Hope I'm wrong because I think he has potential and is definitely better than what we have but I just don't see this ending well. The club have handled this whole situation appallingly.

Yeah we definitely need a hat trick each half in his first game to get him accepted
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #645 on: October 13, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
should be match fit by December then
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #646 on: October 13, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
Fulham buying Kongolo from Huddersfield. Gives them a cash injection.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #647 on: October 13, 2020, 10:28:45 AM »
Karlan posted 'Always trust the process' on his twitter account. On September 8th. That was thirty five days ago today. Here's hoping Karlan's as patient as he is trusting.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tambag

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #648 on: October 13, 2020, 10:41:17 AM »
The problem now is even if (big IF) we agree a package that Huddersfield will accept, we now in danger of another club like West Ham etc.. coming along a blowing our package to the player out of the water and then god knows who will we end up with !

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #649 on: October 13, 2020, 10:45:12 AM »
Fulham buying Kongolo from Huddersfield. Gives them a cash injection.

It's being reported that he's going for £3,000,000 which represents a huge loss on their initial outlay. If they're that desperate to get him off the books then £3,000,000 probably isn't going to go very far. I'd suggest it buys them a little wriggle room and that's about it. They still need a LOT of money in a short space of time to cover their financial commitments to the former owner. As time ticks the sharks will circle and other bidders enter the fray for squad fillers. Here's to Karlan favouring regular starts with us.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.