Author Topic: The One Big Thread for iFollow and related chat  (Read 7178 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

The One Big Thread for iFollow and related chat
« on: June 18, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »
I doubt I'm the only one but registering for this is proving to be a bit of a major faff as a non ifollow user up till now
Had to first add the West Brom App to my laptop so had to install Blue Stacks so had to create a Googlemail account
Now the ifollow page is telling me the cut and pasted promotion code is 'not valid' so now entering into what might well be a long series of emails grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

Re: The One Big Thread for iFollow and related chat
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 12:31:07 PM »
I doubt I'm the only one but registering for this is proving to be a bit of a major faff as a non ifollow user up till now
Had to first add the West Brom App to my laptop so had to install Blue Stacks so had to create a Googlemail account
Now the ifollow page is telling me the cut and pasted promotion code is 'not valid' so now entering into what might well be a long series of emails grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hmm, I never had to do all that but I joined last year.  You could do it all through the web, doesn't even require the west brom app. 

It is a bit confusing once you've signed up but I go to the official website, then the iFollow menu, then Next Match and that takes me to the page for Brum (in this case).  Then a link to start the stream pops up there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:37:20 PM by boinging_along »

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:43:13 PM »
Anyone else noticed the 'small print' on the confirmation email???

*Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your current subscription for either an equivalent period, or other duration we have expressly noted to be applicable to your selected package. Except for monthly subscriptions, we will remind you in advance. You will have an opportunity to cancel if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew by sending an email to us at ifollow@efl.com at least 5 days before the end of your current subscription period.

So will we automatically be subscribed? Be worth keeping an eye on your bank account - although as you've not paid for this one they may not be able to do it and it's just standard T&C

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 11:02:16 PM »

*Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your current subscription for either an equivalent period, or other duration we have expressly noted to be applicable to your selected package. Except for monthly subscriptions, we will remind you in advance. You will have an opportunity to cancel if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew by sending an email to us at ifollow@efl.com at least 5 days before the end of your current subscription period.

So will we automatically be subscribed? Be worth keeping an eye on your bank account - although as you've not paid for this one they may not be able to do it and it's just standard T&C

I would maybe hazard a guess that this just means you have an account, you have subscriptions on there and then can add packages, fingers crossed I’m correct
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 11:26:07 PM »
Did everyone get their access codes today?

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 11:35:22 PM »
Did everyone get their access codes today?

Yeah I got mine. It was surprisingly straightforward to activate. Just gotta hope it works when it's supposed to.

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 11:44:40 PM »
Yeah I got mine. It was surprisingly straightforward to activate. Just gotta hope it works when it's supposed to.

I'm sure it wil be fine mate. I've used it a few times and no problems.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 02:29:36 PM »
Seems to be working OK ATM except for some unholy feed back howling going on
COYB 
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 03:00:33 PM »
Mines not working. Keeps telling me there is a problem logging in, please try again later
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 03:04:24 PM »

If they don't have any payment details for you, bank account, PayPal, I don't think there is much they can do
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
Been fannying abiut trying to get Ifollow to work and forgot I had Nowtv extended for free. Doh.

Dudleylad

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 03:15:45 PM »
Had it on earlier to check and worked fine, now its saying its having trouble logging me in, good job I have Sky for this one.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Cardiaccarol

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 03:17:31 PM »
It’s probably never had to deal with so many people trying to log in. 8 championship games -  16 sets of fans

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 03:22:21 PM »
WBA Titter Account

iFollow is experiencing technical difficulties because of overwhelming demand.

The EFL are working to fix it. Please stay patient and keep trying.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »
WBA Titter Account

iFollow is experiencing technical difficulties because of overwhelming demand.

The EFL are working to fix it. Please stay patient and keep trying.
Got on at 3.10
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 03:38:25 PM »
The upside of being on Sky first 2 games. These issues should be ironed out by Sheff Wed game.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 05:46:54 PM »
The upside of being on Sky first 2 games. These issues should be ironed out by Sheff Wed game.

Well when I eventually got on, the viewing was better than I expected to be fair, but I don't think I can listen to AJ  for the next 8 games so it's sound off for me.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

colinmax

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 06:34:08 PM »
can we select the particular matches we want to see because i can see the matches which are on sky and won't need the i follow service for those

superkev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2020, 02:39:19 PM »
 So iFollow was a disaster and would not allow access so much for not getting a season ticket refund. Apparently it was the same deal for all clubs then they wondered why the thing got overloaded and wouldnt work so that was a waste of time.
Who is responsible for the crowd noise? us or sky as watching on sky the "crowd" was awful such as sounds of
Yanited
Yanited
England England England
 the the most stupid irritating one repeated over and over was
"When the mist rolls in from the Ocean" etc

well it must have rolled a long way

What idiot put these weird sounds on the broadcast?
Just watched Cardiff v Leeds and that crowd noise was brilliant so why was ours so pathetic?
"

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2020, 02:44:37 PM »
It’s Sky. Although they had a piece on Leeds on the BBC yesterday that showed the club had installed speakers at Elland Road to mimic crowd noises too for the players...

For the Premier League games they’ve been offering a ‘natural’ sound on a separate sky sports channel, and the crowd noises on the main event channel.

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2020, 03:04:08 PM »
Leeds game was away was it not?
By the way I totally agree with the comments about ifollow it was a disaster. Had it not been on sky I would have been extremely annoyed

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »
Glad I opted for three refunds and hooked up with Now TV from the comments above. If anyone could explain why our crowd noise flitted in and out of Forest's version of Mull of Kintyre that would be greatly appreciated. Absolute bobbins.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2020, 04:05:03 PM »
Leeds game was away was it not?
By the way I totally agree with the comments about ifollow it was a disaster. Had it not been on sky I would have been extremely annoyed

Yep, the BBC did a piece on them at Elland Road though

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2020, 04:12:16 PM »
Glad I opted for three refunds and hooked up with Now TV from the comments above. If anyone could explain why our crowd noise flitted in and out of Forest's version of Mull of Kintyre that would be greatly appreciated. Absolute bobbins.

Did you go with the now tv £25 per month pass, as I looked at that, but it seemed to be for 3 months, so in effect £75, but footy only on for the first month?