Author Topic: Wba end of year finances 2018-19  (Read 2904 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Wba end of year finances 2018-19
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »
Interesting twitter thread from Swiss Ramble on our Finances.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1259732230416596993

It has lots of graphs and comparative data that can't be copied and pasted onto this board.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2020, 10:42:16 AM »
 Thank you for the post Standaman, which provided a detailed and interesting insight into the club's finances.

I am by no means an accountant, but my reading and understanding of the club's current financial position from that thread, would indicate a club that is very well run overall, given the financial tsunami that hit following relegation

ps well worth a read
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The same applies, when you are stupid

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2020, 01:38:32 PM »
Interesting twitter thread from Swiss Ramble on our Finances.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1259732230416596993

It has lots of graphs and comparative data that can't be copied and pasted onto this board.

Good link. Clearly articulates the following. We're a very tight ship. Many are not and have clearly been taking the financial p for some time. We are highly dependent on TV revenue, something which we all knew. And we really need to get back on the gravy train as soon as possible, providing there's any gravy left of course.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2020, 02:23:44 PM »
Good link. Clearly articulates the following. We're a very tight ship. Many are not and have clearly been taking the financial p for some time. We are highly dependent on TV revenue, something which we all knew. And we really need to get back on the gravy train as soon as possible, providing there's any gravy left of course.

As a EPL club, we were dependant on broadcast revenue, (I thought EPL clubs got more per game than Championship, but I did some research & it's about the same, it's the merit money & other payments that make the big difference).

Gate receipts form a pretty big chunk of our revenue in the Champs, & over the lat 2 seasons we've had a sizeable parachute payment, which will be meagre in comparison next season.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2020, 04:16:12 PM »
As a EPL club, we were dependant on broadcast revenue, (I thought EPL clubs got more per game than Championship, but I did some research & it's about the same, it's the merit money & other payments that make the big difference).

Gate receipts form a pretty big chunk of our revenue in the Champs, & over the lat 2 seasons we've had a sizeable parachute payment, which will be meagre in comparison next season.

Would had been less remember the 4 million pound loan jp gave him self is still outstanding
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.