Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 245336 times)

bennybreakaway, paddockevans and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #5275 on: October 14, 2020, 10:13:17 AM »
Despite improved treatments I heard they are still talking about a 20% death rate across covid hospitalisations. It's an improvement but hospitals are filling up and there will still be a lot of deaths.

Would you happen to know what the death rate was during the initial wave please?
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5276 on: October 14, 2020, 10:22:32 AM »
Despite improved treatments I heard they are still talking about a 20% death rate across covid hospitalisations. It's an improvement but hospitals are filling up and there will still be a lot of deaths.

Yeah, if you're admitted to hospital with it, then you've got it pretty seriously.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5277 on: October 14, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
Yeah, to be fair, the science should be put forward without any political thought - it's then up to the government to base policy off that. 

It's not a good look seeing as they hid behind the "we're following the science" early on in the pandemic to avoid criticism on the lockdown timing and mask usage.

I disagree entirely.
Initially, the government had no choice but to follow the science, now of course their are wider concerns, mental health, domestic abuse and economic meltdown.
Baggie in Southampton

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5278 on: October 14, 2020, 11:03:57 AM »
Northern Ireland is in Lockdown.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5279 on: October 14, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »
Northern Ireland is in Lockdown.

but you can still go to the gym
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5280 on: October 14, 2020, 11:12:07 AM »
but you can still go to the gym

Gyms will remain open. And so will places of worship, subject to people wearing masks.

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5281 on: October 14, 2020, 11:14:15 AM »
New: Commons Speaker is urging MPs to stay away from Parliament as fears mount that it is again becoming a coronavirus hotbed. Has held a series of calls in the last week with vulnerable and older MPs to advise them of growing risk of contracting covid on the Westminster estate.

His advice follows several outbreaks of the virus within Parliament. One centres around the Parliamentary police force, which is believed to have seen 45 Metropolitan Police officers test positive so far in the second wave - 17 alone on one day last week.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5282 on: October 14, 2020, 11:41:54 AM »
Make the most of going to your're local people, as they just murdered the hospitality sector.  We aren't one of the big spreader but that doesn't matter. Operation blame the pubs in full swing

Spent my morning being abused by people because we can no longer honour bookings from multiple households. I don't get paid enough for this
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:24:58 PM by tommcneill »

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5283 on: October 14, 2020, 11:54:44 AM »
These self-destructive policies to try and avoid the unavoidable make zero sense.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5284 on: October 14, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »
These self-destructive policies to try and avoid the unavoidable make zero sense.

you cant avoid it, but you can dodge it for a while and therefore
1. spread the load on NHS
2. enjoy your Gran a bit longer, she will thank you for it !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5285 on: October 14, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »

I think your on the wrong website. Have you tried the wolf or the molineux mix?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5286 on: October 14, 2020, 12:18:20 PM »
I see that wonderful bastion of good behaviour, Liverpool, have done themselves proud again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8836623/Liverpool-Coronavirus-Revellers-enjoy-final-hours-pub-venues-shut-WEEKS.html
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5287 on: October 14, 2020, 12:39:43 PM »
I see that wonderful bastion of good behaviour, Liverpool, have done themselves proud again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8836623/Liverpool-Coronavirus-Revellers-enjoy-final-hours-pub-venues-shut-WEEKS.html

Chances are these students (that’s what they are) are from across the country and are not exclusively Liverpudlians. In fact, I’d hazard a guess that Liverpudlians go to university elsewhere. 

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5288 on: October 14, 2020, 12:53:20 PM »
you cant avoid it, but you can dodge it for a while and therefore
1. spread the load on NHS

NHS was not near collapsing and this 2nd wave wont be as severe IMO and for your 2nd point if your nan is vulnerable DONT GO NEAR HER unless essential !!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:30:35 PM by gazberg »

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5289 on: October 14, 2020, 12:53:39 PM »
I disagree entirely.
Initially, the government had no choice but to follow the science, now of course their are wider concerns, mental health, domestic abuse and economic meltdown.

This is very true and the path they are trying to tread is a very narrow one with deep peril to the right and the left.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5290 on: October 14, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »
Chances are these students (that’s what they are) are from across the country and are not exclusively Liverpudlians. In fact, I’d hazard a guess that Liverpudlians go to university elsewhere.

any proof that they are students? No report I've seen has said they are students. People aged between 18-30 most likely though.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5291 on: October 14, 2020, 02:47:30 PM »

Last time. You sampled Liverpool nightlife? It's allways mainly scouser and I've been going out there 10+ years

Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5292 on: October 14, 2020, 09:32:04 PM »
Would you happen to know what the death rate was during the initial wave please?
The report I heard stated around 24% - 25%.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5293 on: October 14, 2020, 09:36:43 PM »
The report I heard stated around 24% - 25%.

Thanks for that Adder, obviously existing and new treatments and therapies are having a positive effect, let’s hope for continued improvement.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5294 on: October 14, 2020, 09:43:33 PM »
France has a lockdown from 9 pm. each evening.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5295 on: October 14, 2020, 10:20:11 PM »
They have a Curfew from 9pm.
Something we should look at, would highlight the druggy scum as well, they caught lots in lockdown.
Baggie in Southampton

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5296 on: October 14, 2020, 11:35:53 PM »
Does anyone know what notice period will be given should an area be moved say from Tier 2 to Tier 3? Guessing it’s not instant but perhaps a few days in the future?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5297 on: October 14, 2020, 11:57:39 PM »
NHS was not near collapsing and this 2nd wave wont be as severe IMO and for your 2nd point if your nan is vulnerable DONT GO NEAR HER unless essential !!

Pretty much everyone in connection with the NHS - professors doctors, medical directors, ICU, CMO have expressed their concerns with the NhS being over whelmed and a second wave of infection.

What makes you think they’re so wrong?
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5298 on: October 15, 2020, 12:02:41 AM »
Pretty much everyone in connection with the NHS - professors doctors, medical directors, ICU, CMO have expressed their concerns with the NhS being over whelmed and a second wave of infection.

What makes you think they’re so wrong?

All my friends who work in the NHS said the exact opposite apart from the first week, once that passed they found it "surprisingly comfortable" (aside from the poor souls passing on of course)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5299 on: October 15, 2020, 06:48:39 AM »
Liverpool placed in a 3 Tier lockdown, their ITU bed capacity is already 90% full.
The country as a whole needs to observe the rules, as we did in the first wave.
My wife is a health care worker and I know what she thinks after seeing it up close and personal.
I know who I believe.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'