Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 129535 times)

PDB and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Cardiaccarol

• Baby Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4150 on: August 02, 2020, 07:01:04 PM »
This is really all about perception of risk. If someone doesn’t think they (personally) are at risk from anything but particularly Covid, they will respond like it doesn’t matter. What the authorities need to do is link the young people with the risks to their mother/ grannie

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4151 on: August 02, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »
The Government can bring in emergency regulations which gives the police more power and if that means a police state so be it, anything to try and stop the spread of this Virus.

Or do you suggest just let the small minority do what the hell they like and sod the consequences.

I'm suggesting no matter what laws are enacted they'd need about 50 times as many police.

Population of UK: 67 million

UK Police officers: 120k
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4152 on: August 02, 2020, 10:31:10 PM »
This is really all about perception of risk. If someone doesn’t think they (personally) are at risk from anything but particularly Covid, they will respond like it doesn’t matter. What the authorities need to do is link the young people with the risks to their mother/ grannie
Nail on the head
It almost needs an advertisement of a gran/ grandad .......being buried and the teenagers watching via iPad video call,etc etc

Early in lock down the myth was perpetuated that’s”it doesn’t affect kids” and whilst they are less at risk of fatalities....they are more at risk of passing it around.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4153 on: August 03, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »
Nail on the head
It almost needs an advertisement of a gran/ grandad .......being buried and the teenagers watching via iPad video call,etc etc

Early in lock down the myth was perpetuated that’s”it doesn’t affect kids” and whilst they are less at risk of fatalities....they are more at risk of passing it around.

If you are older, avoid kids, its not that difficult really.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4154 on: August 03, 2020, 10:53:20 AM »

Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4155 on: August 03, 2020, 11:33:29 AM »
Well yes it is and you can't dismiss it that simply. Many 50 or 60 year olds who could well have a severe Covid episode even if they are lucky and don't die, themselves have late teen/ 20 something 'kids' who still live with them.

This idea of all the 'old' people staying away from all the 'young' people just isn't going to happen.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4156 on: August 03, 2020, 12:16:55 PM »
Well yes it is and you can't dismiss it that simply. Many 50 or 60 year olds who could well have a severe Covid episode even if they are lucky and don't die, themselves have late teen/ 20 something 'kids' who still live with them.

This idea of all the 'old' people staying away from all the 'young' people just isn't going to happen.

well it ain't for me, suppose I am an aberration !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4157 on: August 03, 2020, 12:25:42 PM »
I must be living in a alternative world because I've seen nearly as many older people not caring/taking massive Risks at my work and in my personal life as younger people have been.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:30:32 PM by WoysWunderful »

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4158 on: August 03, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »

As a parent, I spend most of my day doing this :D
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4159 on: August 03, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
Trouble is mate Albionic isn't joking.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4160 on: August 03, 2020, 09:50:36 PM »
How very thoughtful..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4161 on: August 04, 2020, 01:32:48 PM »
Just ventured up The town centre for the first time in the daytime. Scary the amount of elderly folk wearing masks over the mouth but not the nose  :o

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4162 on: August 05, 2020, 04:59:37 PM »
Arsenal plan 55 redundancies 'to enable us to continue to invest in the team'
Club feeling impact of Covid-19 on revenue
Arsenal have also refinanced stadium debt.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/05/arsenal-plan-55-redundancies-to-enable-us-to-continue-to-invest-in-the-team-impact-covid-19-revenue
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4163 on: August 06, 2020, 12:41:57 PM »
A sign of the times and a sad reflection on the game we all love. When one guy probably earns more per annum (Ozil) than the 55 affected people combined.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4164 on: August 06, 2020, 01:07:11 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53672841
What is going on here? 50 million masks bought by the Government in April are not fit for purpose for use by NHS staff. The waste of taxpayers money is bad enough, but worse, is that lives will have been put at risk and lost due to the error.
Its to do with so-called FF2P masks used by medical and front line staff. The ones they bought have ear loops which don't fit tightly enough, and so are not efficient in stopping tiny virus aerosoles.  The ones with elastic straps around the head give better protection.
Apparently the company supplying them, Ayanda Capital, is listed as a private equity company with no experience in selling medical equipment. In response, the Government spokesmen are giving the usual meaningless lawyerspeak comments. 

On a personal note, if you can get hold of some FF2P masks with proper straps around your head, they cost a bit more, but at least they give you decent protection. Basic face  coverings only protect you from large spittle droplets, like when someone sneezes. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4165 on: August 06, 2020, 02:21:45 PM »
A sign of the times and a sad reflection on the game we all love. When one guy probably earns more per annum (Ozil) than the 55 affected people combined.

If we assumed the 55 were on an average of £25000 a year, at Ozil's reported £350000 per week, he earns more in a month than the 55 combined annual incomes
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4166 on: August 06, 2020, 07:53:30 PM »
A month, he could pay all of their annual, in one month and have change.

KN22

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4167 on: August 06, 2020, 08:02:15 PM »
A month, he could pay all of their annual, in one month and have change.

You may be right but I assumed that the coaching staff mentioned would have got way more than £25k per annum. I think we all agree that it’s disgraceful anyway.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4168 on: August 07, 2020, 10:22:54 AM »
We have tourists in Cornwall not wearing masks in places and they’re response is “Oh I got away from the city on purpose so I didn’t have to use one”

They seem to think that because they’re on holiday in England that the same rule doesn’t apply in another county

How do these people tie their shoelaces??
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4169 on: August 07, 2020, 10:31:26 AM »
We have tourists in Cornwall not wearing masks in places and they’re response is “Oh I got away from the city on purpose so I didn’t have to use one”

They seem to think that because they’re on holiday in England that the same rule doesn’t apply in another county

They don't Tom, they have slip ons or velcro fasteners.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4170 on: August 07, 2020, 10:39:12 AM »
They don't Tom, they have slip ons or velcro fasteners.

Or flip flops more like
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The same applies, when you are stupid

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4171 on: August 08, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »

I decided yesterday to go to the beach for the first time this summer due to how busy they all are - how sad is that?! Anyway, on my way down the A30 my car broke down and my day was basically ruined. That may be the world telling me to wait a little longer or not to go to the beach just yet.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4172 on: August 08, 2020, 10:02:46 AM »
Community Rugby moves from phase b to c today. Now allowed to play touch rugby. Which is great the kids were getting fed up with fitness drills!
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4173 on: August 08, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
There appears to be a lot of people who think that wearing a face covering means that they no longer have to keep a distance from others. These fools just brush past, stand right next to you, block walkways etc. No wonder that the virus is on the rise again.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4174 on: August 08, 2020, 07:44:45 PM »
I decided yesterday to go to the beach for the first time this summer due to how busy they all are - how sad is that?! Anyway, on my way down the A30 my car broke down and my day was basically ruined. That may be the world telling me to wait a little longer or not to go to the beach just yet.

Or it could be telling you to do some car maintenance once in a while! ;D ;)
Baggie in Southampton