Author Topic: Kamil Grosicki  (Read 28748 times)

Atomic, NorthantsBaggie97 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Kamil Grosicki
« Reply #550 on: October 17, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »
For goodness sake. Just accept they messed up. Its Forest's problem more than ours. I hope our legal representative isn't going to fret about it. If so, someone should have a quiet word with him and tell him to drop it.
One can only assume that we're so desperate to save on his wages that we're willing to risk spending money on a legal challenge that might be unsuccessful.  ::)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #551 on: October 17, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
Glad we messed up...we're going to need his pace and goal threat as we don't have a great deal.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #552 on: October 17, 2020, 05:59:06 PM »
Glad we messed up...we're going to need his pace and goal threat as we don't have a great deal.
Don't think we are going to get it though unfortunately

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #553 on: October 17, 2020, 10:27:57 PM »
Don't think we are going to get it though unfortunately

Probably not. Won't make much difference to the end result anyway.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #554 on: October 18, 2020, 06:11:06 PM »
Billic clearly doesn’t rate him...seems silly to me because he has the one thing defenders hate ...Pace.
If he stays we have a problem,wages plus the fact that without him we have 25 and 2 u21’s ...meaning he won’t be registered...
All a bit daft really when this was mooted weeks ago .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #555 on: October 18, 2020, 07:16:37 PM »
Billic clearly doesn’t rate him...seems silly to me because he has the one thing defenders hate ...Pace.
If he stays we have a problem,wages plus the fact that without him we have 25 and 2 u21’s ...meaning he won’t be registered...
All a bit daft really when this was mooted weeks ago .
O'Shea is still nominally regarded as U21 as he was born after Jan 1st 1999, so we have 3 U21's. Therefore there's no problem with the 25 man squad if Grosicki stays.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #556 on: October 18, 2020, 07:44:37 PM »
Kamil’s Twitter Account

“It will be fine”
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #557 on: October 19, 2020, 01:46:27 PM »
How long does it take to check if Grosicki's transfer beat the 17.00 pm deadline on Friday? Its only checking the time an email or fax was received. Its not rocket science! 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #558 on: October 19, 2020, 01:50:34 PM »
How long does it take to check if Grosicki's transfer beat the 17.00 pm deadline on Friday? Its only checking the time an email or fax was received. Its not rocket science!

Think it's generally accepted they missed it by about 20 seconds. Unsure what their grounds for a legal challenge is tbh.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #559 on: October 19, 2020, 05:19:34 PM »
Left out of the 16, Phillips on the bench, sad news.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: October 19, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »
Left out of the 16, Phillips on the bench, sad news.

Considering we have all but moved him out it's hardly a surprise. He wont play for us again.

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #561 on: October 19, 2020, 06:28:22 PM »
Considering we have all but moved him out it's hardly a surprise. He wont play for us again.

If he is still our player then we need to reintegrate him asap. Better option with his pace than Phillips IMV.

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #562 on: October 20, 2020, 09:20:15 AM »
If he is still our player then we need to reintegrate him asap. Better option with his pace than Phillips IMV.

No idea how true but I've read elsewhere he's now ineligible to play for either us or Forest. As he's signed a contract with them they are now paying his wages and he's temporarily off our wage bill, but as they failed to process his registration in time he's officially in footballing limbo. Again, no idea if this is correct but it's certainly been doing the rounds.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #563 on: October 20, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
This is a nightmare scenario, never mind the clubs, but for a player who isn't getting any younger and wants and needs to play football, all for the sake of 20 seconds, or so if we are to believe what we read.

I understand rules are rules and you can construct arguments for and against, but it has the stench of "Jobs Worth" to me
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #564 on: October 20, 2020, 10:11:40 AM »
This is a nightmare scenario, never mind the clubs, but for a player who isn't getting any younger and wants and needs to play football, all for the sake of 20 seconds, or so if we are to believe what we read.

I understand rules are rules and you can construct arguments for and against, but it has the stench of "Jobs Worth" to me

Totally agree. Thankfully the late summer window means that its maybe only a couple of months before he can start playing again - but its a poor situation.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #565 on: October 20, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »

Has Grosicki gone for definite?
I certainly rated him miles above that  ‘has-been’ Phillips but for some strange reason, Slav doesn’t agree with me.
😉
Stay safe, Stay well
It is what it is and will be what it will be.

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #566 on: October 20, 2020, 03:57:04 PM »
 I think the fa made a rod for their back a couple of seasons ago when a foxes player was in the same position and that has set the precedent.

Looks like forest messed up, but the fa are so useless they probably insisted on smoke signal proof.

To deny any player to carry out their trade over 20 seconds just shows what a jobsworth, draconian fa we have.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #567 on: October 20, 2020, 06:25:27 PM »
If, as is likely, the FA are the main protagonist in this, surely Kamil could look at a legal recourse to his predicament as, from a layman’s perspective, it appears to me to be a restraint of trade.

Any legal beagles out there with an opinion / view?

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #568 on: October 20, 2020, 07:21:28 PM »
Not named in 25 man squad.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #569 on: October 20, 2020, 07:56:23 PM »

Just a bizarre situation all round. Disappointing for everyone.

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #570 on: October 20, 2020, 08:34:05 PM »
Bit mental isn't it. I feel sorry for him, he deserves to be playing football.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #571 on: October 20, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »

Wheres that been announced?

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #572 on: October 20, 2020, 08:44:14 PM »
Wheres that been announced?

The premier league website, all clubs been published now.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #573 on: October 20, 2020, 08:46:35 PM »
The premier league website, all clubs been published now.

Thanks
24 players in our list so room for one more loan maybe?

WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #574 on: October 20, 2020, 08:51:29 PM »
I'm not being funny but how does Phillips get in the squad over Grosicki?
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo