Author Topic: Dara O'Shea  (Read 14859 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dara O'Shea
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2020, 08:03:17 AM »
For a young player very assured on ball and Mr versatile or what. Played three different positions for Republic and didn't look out of place in any, lack of pace with defender's is always a concern but he makes up for it by positional sense. Not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination but he should get better and better, which all bodes well for the Albion.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2020, 09:23:44 AM »
I was about to write a post about how if he remains fit he could be the first Academy product since Berahino to get to 50 first team appearances for us, but it turns out Kyle Edwards is on 48, so it looks like he'll get that honour. It is worth noting O'Shea is a year younger. Also didn't realise Sam Field had made 45 first team appearances for us, either.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 12:36:28 PM by MarkW »
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2020, 11:26:19 AM »
I was about to right a post about how if he remains fit he could be the first Academy product since Berahino to get to 50 first team appearances for us, but it turns out Kyle Edwards is on 48, so it looks like he'll get that honour. It is worth noting O'Shea is a year younger. Also didn't realise Sam Field had made 45 first team appearances for us, either.
Rekeem Harper has 41 total appearances too. It may not feel it but we’ve had some decent value out of the Academy, not standout first teamers but they’ve been pretty solid for the most part.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 12:34:22 PM by Hunnington Baggie »

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »
I was about to right a post about how if he remains fit he could be the first Academy product since Berahino to get to 50 first team appearances for us, but it turns out Kyle Edwards is on 48, so it looks like he'll get that honour. It is worth noting O'Shea is a year younger. Also didn't realise Sam Field had made 45 first team appearances for us, either.

It's also worth remembering that both Edwards (knee) and Field (back) had significant injuries/issues which hampered their progress during developmental stages. I'd suggest that without those both would probably have had way in excess of fifty appearances by now.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.