Author Topic: Hawthorns attendance's  (Read 8112 times)

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

Re: Hawthorns attendance's
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2019, 08:23:33 PM »
The atmosphere is one of the main reasons to go to live matches. I wouldn't get the same kick watching even the most skilful team in a half empty stadium.
I get the impression the demographic of the club is getting older (at least where I sit in the Halfords). The attractive football producing results must have attracted some who were put off by Pulisbal,  but besides that, I think there's only limited things a club can do.
A football club is an unusual product, as football fans don't hop around between clubs, like someone changing their car model.  I think the emphasis must be on attracting a younger age group, but apart from the Fan Zone, I don't really know how you 'market' a football club to the younger generation. The matchday programme, looks like its aimed at an elderly age group as its packed with articles from pre-war teams as in All Our Yesterdays.  There again, the younger generation probably wouldn't read it as they are are more into smart phones.

That's the thing isn't it. In years gone by, the club wouldn't have had to actively market the club at that particular element of our support, the general thrill and buzz of a passionate, raucous, loud, exciting atmosphere would have been enough to get them hooked for life. It did for me and for my first game the crowd was less than 15,000 in the top flight against Spurs! The majority of the kids I see now at the match look absolutely bored stiff. It doesn't help when the stewards at the front of the Brummie move the kids away back from the advertising hoardings when they are trying to get their photos and selfies taken with Baggie Bird and the Boilerman. I sit towards the front and the look of disappointment on the kids faces when the stewards tell them to move out the way is so sad. Isn't the point of having mascots is for them to be able to interact with the kids on a matchday?

KYA

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2019, 08:37:48 PM »
There are umteen reasons people stop going to matches first off football is a habit once you stop going you're unlikely to again be a regular.
1- Cost
2- Weather
3- Football itself the game today is a watered-down version of the game I loved back in the 60/70s
4- Atmosphere the same as 3 so much better then.
5- VAR in the Prem that would drive me mad they have made such a mess of it.

Cardiaccarol

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 08:45:11 PM »
I am a season ticket holder but sky make life difficult by constantly moving games around. I can’t always make televised games due to other commitments and i’m Not alone in this.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »
That's the thing isn't it. In years gone by, the club wouldn't have had to actively market the club at that particular element of our support, the general thrill and buzz of a passionate, raucous, loud, exciting atmosphere would have been enough to get them hooked for life. It did for me and for my first game the crowd was less than 15,000 in the top flight against Spurs! The majority of the kids I see now at the match look absolutely bored stiff. It doesn't help when the stewards at the front of the Brummie move the kids away back from the advertising hoardings when they are trying to get their photos and selfies taken with Baggie Bird and the Boilerman. I sit towards the front and the look of disappointment on the kids faces when the stewards tell them to move out the way is so sad. Isn't the point of having mascots is for them to be able to interact with the kids on a matchday?
That's a nail on the head mate. We've always "lost" fans to middle age pressures, marriage, kids, mortgage, bills etc., it's how we replace them with the next gen. Kids are so clued up nowadays they can watch every game live without putting on a coat and gloves.
Same with the real thing, parks are empty because they are all playing Fifa.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2019, 09:45:22 PM »
Looking at the replies to the question it seems that Sky tv is the main reason.

I notice Newcastle may have solved how to get sell outs for every home game, they are offering half season tickets for free to existing season ticket holders.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 10:15:22 PM »
Looking at the replies to the question it seems that Sky tv is the main reason.

I notice Newcastle may have solved how to get sell outs for every home game, they are offering half season tickets for free to existing season ticket holders.
Good idea but where will they seat them? They sold 38000 when last  in the championship and usually sell on average 42000 st per year.

gazberg

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 10:19:42 PM »
They are giving them out first come, first served.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2019, 07:46:43 AM »
At least the next three games are going to be well attended. There are only 2,300 odd tickets left for Brentford on the 21st with eleven days till matchday and the Middlesbrough and Leeds games are well on the way to selling out, there are fewer tickets remaining for both games already than there are for the Brentford game. That's more like it.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
The next three home games could all be sell outs, that's more like it. Just imagine if we had maximum points from them, that would set the bar high for the new year. Fingers crossed. COYB.