Author Topic: Snowflake Central.  (Read 2788 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Snowflake Central.
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2020, 04:06:21 PM »
BBC LondonLike Page
21 hrs ·
A man walked past and told me to ‘cheer up’. It’s a phrase I’ve heard my entire life but in that moment I questioned it for the first time.

I felt guilty for not looking happy and angry that a stranger had told me how to look and feel.

I went to a female friend’s house and we talked about it. Why is it a thing men do? This sparked a conversation about sexual harassment and we swapped stories.

Harassment was like a normal part of our day. On public transport, in school and at work.

Some of my male friends said they don’t believe how much it happens.
They said we were taking it the wrong way and that those were compliments.

That inspired me to do something. So I started Cheer Up Luv, a photo campaign to tell women’s accounts of sexual harassment.

I interview and photograph women in the place they experienced the harassment and publish them on Instagram. It was to tell the stories of my close friends but it quickly grew.

These things are happening every day, they’re not compliments and we don’t really talk about it.

Now we have partnered with the United Nations. This is about giving women a voice, being able to reclaim that space and to empower women.

Eliza Hatch, 25, Lambeth

For more stories like these, follow us on Instagram: https://bbc.in/35CPVPk

Sometimes theres just no words !!

How does she feel if a woman tells here to cheer up? or is just when a man does it she gets offended?
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2020, 04:31:43 PM »
BBC LondonLike Page
21 hrs ·
A man walked past and told me to ‘cheer up’. It’s a phrase I’ve heard my entire life but in that moment I questioned it for the first time.

I felt guilty for not looking happy and angry that a stranger had told me how to look and feel.

I went to a female friend’s house and we talked about it. Why is it a thing men do? This sparked a conversation about sexual harassment and we swapped stories.

Harassment was like a normal part of our day. On public transport, in school and at work.

Some of my male friends said they don’t believe how much it happens.
They said we were taking it the wrong way and that those were compliments.

That inspired me to do something. So I started Cheer Up Luv, a photo campaign to tell women’s accounts of sexual harassment.

I interview and photograph women in the place they experienced the harassment and publish them on Instagram. It was to tell the stories of my close friends but it quickly grew.

These things are happening every day, they’re not compliments and we don’t really talk about it.

Now we have partnered with the United Nations. This is about giving women a voice, being able to reclaim that space and to empower women.

Eliza Hatch, 25, Lambeth

For more stories like these, follow us on Instagram: https://bbc.in/35CPVPk

Sometimes theres just no words !!

How does she feel if a woman tells here to cheer up? or is just when a man does it she gets offended?

I can't understand how she can possibly think being told to cheer up is sexual harassment or harassment in any way.

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2020, 04:55:30 PM »
I can't understand how she can possibly think being told to cheer up is sexual harassment or harassment in any way.
Snowflake here: Do older men tell younger men to cheer up in the street?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2020, 05:19:42 PM »
Snowflake here: Do older men tell younger men to cheer up in the street?
no because they don’t care, men tend to suffer from a lack of caring and compassion, rather than the other way around.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2020, 05:25:35 PM »
no because they don’t care, men tend to suffer from a lack of caring and compassion, rather than the other way around.

Incorrect, older men do tell younger men to cheer up. I've done it.

The lack of caring and compassion from my experience these days can be found more with some of the younger generation but as in all walks of life its more likely to be an absolute mix between the two.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:32:00 PM by OldburyWBA »

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2020, 03:08:05 PM »
I would be not like not to be called an It or them or they it sounds a rude and as kids at school say them has a name an It would be rude I would say him or her or she or he. It is part of our Nature across English Speaking Countries and even others to say him, her, his, hers, he, she to go from saying that to it or them feels wrong and I fully respect Transgenders but from my 16 years on earth and 6 years of seeing the news every year and mostly these last two I feel like Society is just full of softies. The whole point of this is not to offend Transgenders so on so on but calling some one it would probably make the Transgender person feel different just ask them quietly so for example at a school you saw a Girl say two weeks ago let's call her Kate Smith for example her parents say she wants to be a boy named Tom then you could ask the person if it is child there parents what they would like to be called so e.g Mr, Miss or just like Kate if they are teacher just call them Kate most kids won't say teachers last names and just say Sir or Miss or at least from Year 6 to Now Year 11 I do and have you lose like Miss Smith in Year 5.

You need to get a book on punctuation, don't you agree?  ;D
Notes from a small island!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2020, 04:04:42 PM »
You need to get a book on punctuation, don't you agree?  ;D
as we are on a page called snowflake central, I won't apologise for what I am about to type.

Fred, that post is absolute gibberish, it is not possible to read it, PLEASE read back to yourself out loud before posting. You may have a good point to make but I am damned if I can understand it mate.

This particular poster has mentioned in the past that he has an ASD ( Autistic Spectrum Disorder), this may be why he posts as he does.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2020, 05:42:40 PM »
This particular poster has mentioned in the past that he has an ASD ( Autistic Spectrum Disorder), this may be why he posts as he does.

Sometimes we take people for granted and don't always pause to reflect and consider that others may have issues.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »

Sorry, don't buy that, if you are able to post a lengthy post, you are able to read a post back, I'm glad this aptly named thread is alive and well.
Notes from a small island!

costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2020, 06:34:56 PM »
Sorry, don't buy that, if you are able to post a lengthy post, you are able to read a post back, I'm glad this aptly named thread is alive and well.
Maybe he did read it back, and found nothing wrong with it. He bravely admitted he has a problem. His strengths most probably lie elsewhere. I have a twin brother that suffers with dyslexia. He’s no Wordsworth, but his engineering problem-solving makes my head spin.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2020, 06:30:19 AM »

In the snowflake generation, if your not offended there is always somebody waiting to be offended on your behalf
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'