Author Topic: 2 Weeks in Advance / 2 Weeks in Arrears  (Read 676 times)

Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie

2 Weeks in Advance / 2 Weeks in Arrears
« on: October 24, 2019, 06:38:09 PM »
Wondering if anybody can help or has had a similar experience.

I'm about to start a new job (29th) of this month with a pay date of the (15th) monthly and I'm going to be salaried for the first time.

Some people are suggesting that I'll recieve a full months pau for my first wage. I'm a bit at a loss as I've never been in this position. Just trying to get my head around it as I dont want to start my training with 'How much am I getting paid?'  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: 2 Weeks in Advance / 2 Weeks in Arrears
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 06:42:57 PM »
I also get paid on 15th, whilst it seems strange to pay you for time you haven't worked, when you leave it will level up as you will only be paid until the 15th. (in theory this works for company as you are likely to be on more money then.)
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 06:53:47 PM »
I also get paid on 15th, whilst it seems strange to pay you for time you haven't worked, when you leave it will level up as you will only be paid until the 15th. (in theory this works for company as you are likely to be on more money then.)

Cheers mate. Did seem illogical to me. But definitely makes sense from the potential to be on more money perspective. Much appreciated.

Was told by the Area Manager the company are very frugal which led me too doubt this. But from what you've said, as well as their notice periods it actually makes a bit of sense.

johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 06:55:35 PM »

I’ve never found that the case. Anywhere I’ve worked and I’ve been salaried all my full time worklife, in that situation you’ll find payroll cut off is a few days earlier and you’ll get paid 10,11,12 days depending when they cut it off.

They can’t pay you less than your contracted rate at the time you leave based on a contract that was potentially years old (it could at that point be less than minimum wage in theory).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 06:57:30 PM by johnny Cash »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
I’ve never found that the case. Anywhere I’ve worked and I’ve been salaried all my full time worklife, in that situation you’ll find payroll cut off is a few days earlier and you’ll get paid 10,11,12 days depending when they cut it off.

They can’t pay you less than your contracted rate at the time you leave based on a contract that was potentially years old (it could at that point be less than minimum wage in theory).

Agree with this you'll be paid around 12 days salary.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 07:24:02 PM »
The contradictions continue then  ;D

Guess I'll simply find out next week. Out of interest JC have your contracts all been the same with regards too weeks in arrears / advance.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 09:20:42 PM »
For what it’s worth, I’ve been paid monthly since I started working (1974) and I’ve never been paid less than 1/12th of my annual salary regardless of at what point in the month the company decided was that payment date.

However, don’t be shy, as an employee you have the absolute right to ask for clarification as to how much you’ll be paid. And if they don’t want to answer, or are snotty because you ask, well ask yourself, do you want to work for people like that?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

KN22

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 10:48:49 PM »
Wondering if anybody can help or has had a similar experience.

I'm about to start a new job (29th) of this month with a pay date of the (15th) monthly and I'm going to be salaried for the first time.

Some people are suggesting that I'll recieve a full months pau for my first wage. I'm a bit at a loss as I've never been in this position. Just trying to get my head around it as I dont want to start my training with 'How much am I getting paid?'  ;D

Scooby, I’m as sure as I can be that you will be paid a full month on your first pay day. I worked for almost 29 years at a company in a salaried position and also was involved in recruitment. Pay date was always 15th or the closest working day to it. From day one a new recruit would be paid for the full month. The company recovers any over payment when the employee leaves. If a person leaves at the end of a month there is no adjustment to make.
I hope this helps and wish you good luck in the new position.

Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 11:35:56 PM »
For what it’s worth, I’ve been paid monthly since I started working (1974) and I’ve never been paid less than 1/12th of my annual salary regardless of at what point in the month the company decided was that payment date.

However, don’t be shy, as an employee you have the absolute right to ask for clarification as to how much you’ll be paid. And if they don’t want to answer, or are snotty because you ask, well ask yourself, do you want to work for people like that?

To be honest am sure my training manager will answer the question if she can. Naturally she wouldve been in my boat at some point.

Well I definitely want to work for the company. It's a pretty big one so theres job security. Them  not answering the question  wont change how much I'll be paid ultimately.

Just wanted to find out previous experiences.

Cheers KN!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 09:11:41 AM »
Scooby, I’m as sure as I can be that you will be paid a full month on your first pay day. I worked for almost 29 years at a company in a salaried position and also was involved in recruitment. Pay date was always 15th or the closest working day to it. From day one a new recruit would be paid for the full month. The company recovers any over payment when the employee leaves. If a person leaves at the end of a month there is no adjustment to make.
I hope this helps and wish you good luck in the new position.

that is what I was trying to say (and failing) above.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 09:14:34 PM »
Bit late I know but totally was paid a full months salary plus the extra week. Thanks all though! Had meant to post sooner!