Author Topic: Cheikh Diaby  (Read 2948 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Cheikh Diaby
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »
Breaking: Albion have signed young French striker Cheikh Diaby on a deal until the end of the season with the option of a further year. The 19-year-old had been in talks with Valencia but a deal with the Spanish side fell through
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

baggies_24

• Youth Baggie

Re: Cheikh Diaby
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »
Must have something about him if Valencia were interested, glad to see the club are starting to look at younger players to develop into the first team in 12 - 18 months, feels like there’s much more of a long term plan in place which let’s be honest hasn’t happened since Ashworth left the club.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:25:53 PM »
....off to YouTube...

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 07:29:06 PM »
Joseph Masi Twitter Account (as was my first post)

Diaby has joined after impressing Bilic following a week-long trial. Sporting & Technical Director Luke Dowling said: "We have taken an opportunity to give a promising young striker the chance to develop with us. We will see what the future will bring." #wba
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 08:10:49 PM »
If Bilic thinks he's got it, that's good enough for me

WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 08:51:44 PM »
Odd signing considering the time of year, makes you wonder if he'll be played in the reserves and developed or used as third choice after Zohore and Austin? (especially after Kanu's poor performance at Leeds).

Good to see a return to signing unknowns/kids though as it seemed to work for us for years before we chased the bigger names.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
Seems very little about him online. In One YouTube video it seems like he’s playing in a attacking wide left position rather than as an out and out striker.

One site suggests he scored 3 in 21 appearances for Le Harve B last year. Seems a decent gamble to take though if we have had chance to have a good look at him already.

Wigmore

• Youth Baggie

Cheikh Diaby
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 12:28:30 AM »
Nice to see that the club recruitment personnel do not appear to be resting on their laurels.
Another low risk signing, with some potential, if the Valencia move was really on the cards.

Perhaps the European scouts do exist..

Welcome to the fray.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 06:06:31 AM »
Odd signing considering the time of year, makes you wonder if he'll be played in the reserves and developed or used as third choice after Zohore and Austin? (especially after Kanu's poor performance at Leeds).

Good to see a return to signing unknowns/kids though as it seemed to work for us for years before we chased the bigger names.
From the official site:"Albion will look to bring the pacey frontman up to speed with game time in the Under-23s."

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »
If it potentially pushes HRK further down the rungs of the ladder ahead of us finally being able to release him in the summer, I am all for it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 08:40:25 AM »
I wonder how many of these deals could have been financed by the Olly Burke deal, I suspect that the number is significant and thus you would have expected at least some gems to be found.
Cheers Tone your legacy lives on !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

NorthantsBaggie97

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 04:18:36 PM »
Any update on this guy yet?
I’ve regularly checked team sheets for u23s etc. But have still yet to see any mention of him? Perhaps we were all too hyped up originally  ;D ;D

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
Any update on this guy yet?
I’ve regularly checked team sheets for u23s etc. But have still yet to see any mention of him? Perhaps we were all too hyped up originally  ;D ;D

I know you're joking, but people were expecting him (and Willock) to be getting on the bench, when they were only ever bought in with an eye on the future.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 05:11:27 PM »
How does there age compare to Harvey Barnes ? Good enough, Old enough
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 05:21:07 PM »
How does there age compare to Harvey Barnes ? Good enough, Old enough
Diaby is 19, without a preseason after his deal with Valencia fell through.

Willock is 21. However it sounds from another site that it’s a complicated deal that would cost us per appearance, so instead he’s in the U23’s to circumvent any add ons  before we buy in Jan. Bilic and Dowling are both fans of his.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 08:34:12 PM »
Cheikh Diaby latest as young West Brom forward nears his debut

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cheikh-diaby-latest-young-west-17537782

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 04:23:21 PM »
A Cheikh Diaby hat-trick helps us to a fourth Premier League Cup victory, which means we are Group C winners with a game still to play. 💪🏼

Well done boys!

#PLCup | #WBA https://t.co/K41gVbi6fi

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 06:17:10 PM »
Anyone seen this guy in the flesh?

I only go to u23 games at The Hawthorns so haven't seen him.