Author Topic: Greta Thunberg  (Read 4647 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Greta Thunberg
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2019, 12:44:42 PM »
Pedant alert "uninhabitable"

Updated, but I still can’t warn to her  ;)
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The same applies, when you are stupid

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2020, 05:36:25 PM »
BBC Studios’ Science Unit announces series with Greta Thunberg.

She's got her own series now, can't wait!
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The same applies, when you are stupid

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »
Just great, are there no schools open!
Baggie in Southampton

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2020, 02:00:08 AM »
I don't really follow Greta's goings on but given our collective need to recycle then surely a BBC repeat would be more befitting of the timeslot.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2020, 08:06:52 AM »
I don't get why middle aged men get so angry about a schoolgirl who wants to improve the world we live in.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2020, 08:41:29 AM »
I don't get why middle aged men get so angry about a schoolgirl who wants to improve the world we live in.

At least they have a safe space in none politics to express their emotions and thoughts.

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »

Personally speaking I don't get angry about her message, more the whole circus around her.

As I've said before, here is a young girl with a mental health issue, who is being shamelessly promoted by her parents and followed by a publicist at all times. One of her parents even said she could see CO2, a colourless, odourless gas, in the book they were so desperate to sell.

The girl might think she's doing good, but it's all about the 'Greta brand' now, and the people around her will milk every last drop, while they use the girl herself. That's why I get angry.

There is also the fact she's being taught the full-on 'modern liberal' mindset that anybody who doesn't think the same way you do is evil. Look at the death stare she gave Trump; that is a powerful man, and you are hoping to change his mind, but you won't do that if you treat him and talk to him like he's evil incarnate.

I don't hate the girl herself, but I think the whole circus around her sums up the climate change movement as a whole - it's not about changing minds, but treating people as evil and trying to force change upon them rather than educate them or debate them.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2020, 10:25:55 AM »
Personally speaking I don't get angry about her message, more the whole circus around her.

As I've said before, here is a young girl with a mental health issue, who is being shamelessly promoted by her parents and followed by a publicist at all times. One of her parents even said she could see CO2, a colourless, odourless gas, in the book they were so desperate to sell.

The girl might think she's doing good, but it's all about the 'Greta brand' now, and the people around her will milk every last drop, while they use the girl herself. That's why I get angry.

There is also the fact she's being taught the full-on 'modern liberal' mindset that anybody who doesn't think the same way you do is evil. Look at the death stare she gave Trump; that is a powerful man, and you are hoping to change his mind, but you won't do that if you treat him and talk to him like he's evil incarnate.

I don't hate the girl herself, but I think the whole circus around her sums up the climate change movement as a whole - it's not about changing minds, but treating people as evil and trying to force change upon them rather than educate them or debate them.

Absolutely spot on mate

Exactly how I feel about it
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts