West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 1855 times)

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
Pre Match Chat
« on: August 27, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »
Fulham v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday 14th September 2019 12.30pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
Toughest test of the season up next. It'll be hard to keep the unbeaten run going and we need to address some problems in the air to keep Mitrovic quiet.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 12:15:59 PM »
Should be a good game with plenty of talent on both sides. Hope we get the rest/training balance right during the international break....we have sometimes been sluggish in the first game after a break.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 05:22:50 PM »
I just hope we have a fully fit squad to choose from.

Would be good to have Hegazi back to deal with the threat from Mitrovic, but only if he is 100% fit. We don't need to rush him back and risk a flare up.

Offline wbarenno

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 07:59:13 PM »
I just hope we have a fully fit squad to choose from.

Would be good to have Hegazi back to deal with the threat from Mitrovic, but only if he is 100% fit. We don't need to rush him back and risk a flare up.

Hegazi isn’t back until late September or early October mate

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 01:45:42 PM »
                                   Al Habsi

Furlong            Ajayi                 Bartley             Townsend

Livermore          Sawyers

Phillips                           Pereira                          Diangana

Austin

Subs: Johnstone, Ferguson, O'Shea, Brunt, Krovinovic, Edwards, Zohore.

After the international break is the ideal time to bring Al Habsi in for Johnstone. Fulham have a fantastic front three for this level. No Gibbs. Knockaert is a wily player, he's not some naive youngster and he will target Gibbs he will try and commit him knowing he may get a penalty out of it. I think Slav might go with Ferguson over Furlong to be a bit more conservative bearing in mind the threat of Cavaleiro. Personally I would tend to be a bit more bold but that's just me.

Toughest game of the season so far. If we get a draw it'll be a superb result.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 10:34:28 AM »

Johnstone

Furlong                Ajayi                         Bartley               Gibbs

Livermore              Sawyers

Phillips                          Pereira                     Dianghana

Zohore

Subs: Al Habsi, Townsend, Ferguson, O'Shea, Krovinovic, Edwards, Austin.

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 11:44:32 AM »

Johnstone

Furlong                Ajayi                         Bartley               Gibbs

Zohore

This would be my pick. I'm no fan of Johnstone and hope Al Habsi has come in to genuinely compete for the shirt but for now it's Sam's to lose.

Offline johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »
Fulham seem like they’ve kept the ball well this season but have struggled a bit at times to create chances. You don’t need many chances to score against us though.

Seems like they keep the ball in deep positions which I imagine won’t leave us much room in behind.  I think it’ll be 1-0 Fulham but it’s tough to call, it could easily be 3-0 either way if one team is really on it and the other isn’t.

Most of our first team will have been around the past couple of weeks, not sure about Fulham’s but we may have an edge there

Offline NJS

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 08:29:01 AM »

Johnstone

Zohore

Agree with the above except might be tempted to sub Phillips with Krovinovic or even Edwards if Furlong is not getting any support.
Teams do tend to overload us in the wing positions and midfielders must help out when we don't have the ball.
Unhappy about Bartley being on the left of the CBs but I guess there's no realistic alternative.

Hales Owen born.  "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."  Karl Popper
"You can be so irrational at times." Mrs NJS

Offline baggiepipe

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 05:29:31 PM »
                                   Al Habsi

Furlong            Ajayi                 Bartley             Townsend

Livermore          Sawyers

Phillips                           Pereira                          Diangana

Austin

Subs: Johnstone, Ferguson, O'Shea, Brunt, Krovinovic, Edwards, Zohore.

After the international break is the ideal time to bring Al Habsi in for Johnstone. Fulham have a fantastic front three for this level. No Gibbs. Knockaert is a wily player, he's not some naive youngster and he will target Gibbs he will try and commit him knowing he may get a penalty out of it. I think Slav might go with Ferguson over Furlong to be a bit more conservative bearing in mind the threat of Cavaleiro. Personally I would tend to be a bit more bold but that's just me.

Toughest game of the season so far. If we get a draw it'll be a superb result.

This is my team too, except I'd stick with Johnstone in goal

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »
I have a sneaky feeling we are going to go out and make a statement tomorrow, don’t get me wrong Fulham have probably the best team in the league but Parker is very much of the unknown I can see him coming unstuck against a good experienced manager like Slav.

Slavens had another 2 weeks with the players to drum into them, they all have another 2 weeks experience of training which each other & another 2 weeks for the likes of Austin & Pereira to get fit.

I think we could make abit of a statement tomorrow going down to Fulham, outdoing them tactically and coming away with a very impressive win ... mind it could be the several pints iv had tonight talking too and we’l probably get a tonking.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 07:48:37 AM »
My mind goes back to when we went there in league and got spanked 4-0 and then back on the following Wednesday in the cup and spanked again 4-1 ?? Mid 70’s ??
The league game was the same day as the boat race and the grand national if I remember correctly (highly unlikely)

All that said I predict Fulham2 WBA 3
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 07:56:05 AM »
I have a sneaky feeling we are going to go out and make a statement tomorrow, don’t get me wrong Fulham have probably the best team in the league but Parker is very much of the unknown I can see him coming unstuck against a good experienced manager like Slav.

Slavens had another 2 weeks with the players to drum into them, they all have another 2 weeks experience of training which each other & another 2 weeks for the likes of Austin & Pereira to get fit.

I think we could make abit of a statement tomorrow going down to Fulham, outdoing them tactically and coming away with a very impressive win ... mind it could be the several pints iv had tonight talking too and we’l probably get a tonking.
I think you are right that we will go for it, but I'm not so sure we will win, Fulham are strong at home.  I hope we do go out there and make that "statement" though, even if we don't win.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 08:44:23 AM »
It’s a real test that’s for sure. Hope we play well first and foremost then hopefully a good result will follow.

Offline jim68

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »
I think you are right that we will go for it, but I'm not so sure we will win, Fulham are strong at home.  I hope we do go out there and make that "statement" though, even if we don't win.
forest went there and won and were 2-0 up before conceding late-defending didnt look that great in that game

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »
Haven't beaten this lot in a league game on their turf since 1967 (correct me if I'm wrong) going for a score draw.

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
Never realized they were such a bogey side, not won here since 67  :o
Don't think we'll shake that monkey today unfortunately, they look a strong side, especially going forward, think they will find a way past Johnstone and co.
Think we'll score though.
2-1 Zohore

Offline Barrington

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 11:18:37 AM »
I've watched Fulham a few times this season and I havn't been overly impressed to be honest. They remind me a little bit of us last season. They havn't really been playing very well but have a couple of players who can do the important stuff well and get them out of trouble, particularly Mitrovic. Harry Arter is supended for this one also which could be a bonus for us. They've got some good players but they just don't seem to be playing to their full potential so far.

I'd be disappointed if we don't give them a good game and I wouldn't be overly surprised if we came away with 3 points. Funny old game though :)

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
Same side, hope we have a better start, can't keep giving away early goals and chasing games. Longer we stay in this the better chance we have of nicking a win.
COYB

Offline saml30

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
Looks like they’ve gone all out attack really, hopefully Pereira can find the gaps between midfield and defence which I think will appear
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Offline Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2019, 12:09:34 PM »
Never realized they were such a bogey side, not won here since 67  :o
Don't think we'll shake that monkey today unfortunately, they look a strong side, especially going forward, think they will find a way past Johnstone and co.
Think we'll score though.
2-1 Zohore

Haven't won there in the league since then but we've not been in the same division all that much to be fair.

Offline Pie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2019, 12:22:46 PM »
Both teams look very attacking - We could be in for a cracker here.

COYB!