West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD  (Read 696 times)

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD
« on: August 16, 2019, 10:54:00 PM »
Sorry if there is already a thread for European football, however having searched I can’t find one.

La Liga and Bundesliga’s 2019-20 season’s started tonight. Barcelona lost to A.Bilbao in the dying minutes as 38 year old Aritz Aduriz, in his final season scored an over head kick.

Over in Germany, Union Berlin, who’s club colours I often see abroad, start their first season in the Bundesliga tomorrow. Really hope they can stay up as East German sides have struggled since the fall of the wall.

Bayern drew 2-2 vs Hertha Berlin tonight. Dode Lukebakio became only the third player to score 4 goals at the Allianz Arerna vs Bayern (not in the same game I should add).

Trivia time - Christiano Ronaldo was the second player to reach that “landmark”. Which WBA reject was the first?
Boing Boing

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
Re: OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:58:59 PM »
Sorry if there is already a thread for European football, however having searched I can’t find one.

La Liga and Bundesliga’s 2019-20 season’s started tonight. Barcelona lost to A.Bilbao in the dying minutes as 38 year old Aritz Aduriz, in his final season scored an over head kick.

Over in Germany, Union Berlin, who’s club colours I often see abroad, start their first season in the Bundesliga tomorrow. Really hope they can stay up as East German sides have struggled since the fall of the wall.

Bayern drew 2-2 vs Hertha Berlin tonight. Dode Lukebakio became only the third player to score 4 goals at the Allianz Arerna vs Bayern (not in the same game I should add).

Trivia time - Christiano Ronaldo was the second player to reach that “landmark”. Which WBA reject was the first?

Rosenberg?

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 11:02:30 PM »
Rosenberg?

No second guesses needed.

Saw it on Twitter. Made me chuckle.
Boing Boing

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 02:05:54 PM »
Serge Gnabry - OG's ??
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 11:10:05 PM »
Great story over in Belfast, where David Healy's Linfield beat Azerbajani money bags Qarabag 3-2. A late Qarabag penalty probably kills Linfield's chances of reaching the group stages as they probably needed the 2 goal cushion, but it's still a great night for NI club football and Shamrock Rovers did get past Partizan around a decade ago to reach the groups.

On a more general point, it is a shame the 2 Irish leagues aren't joined together. I know itnis impossible for a number of reasons but I think it would become a half decent league, potentially on a par with Scotland.
Boing Boing

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 08:23:13 PM »
Krychowiak has scored in Champs league for Locomotive  :o :o :o :o
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Online SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 10:30:55 AM »
Krychowiak has scored in Champs league for Locomotive  :o :o :o :o

Read somewhere he's banged in either five or six in all competitions for them so far this season.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 10:00:20 PM »
Read somewhere he's banged in either five or six in all competitions for them so far this season.
Yep
Last nights was the seventh of the season
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..