West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 2398 times)

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
Pre Match Chat
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:33:55 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Blackburn Rovers

Saturday 31st August 2019 15.00pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:54:03 PM »
Could do with alaben getting his first home win so as to take pressure off the away games. I would make a few changes to the 11 for this one.

Think we can play without Livermore at home and have krovonovic in the centre with sawyers. Bring periera into the side in the number 10 role. Or alternatively Phillips or Edwards out for periera- who from what Iv seen this season looks our best attacking player and match winner
O Albion we love you

Offline baggie53

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 07:15:43 PM »
Could do with alaben getting his first home win so as to take pressure off the away games. I would make a few changes to the 11 for this one.

Think we can play without Livermore at home and have krovonovic in the centre with sawyers. Bring periera into the side in the number 10 role. Or alternatively Phillips or Edwards out for periera- who from what Iv seen this season looks our best attacking player and match winner

I was puzzled for a minute until I looked at the positions of the keys - have you got big fingers like me?  :D
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Offline costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »
Just been conversing with a Blackburn fan. Neither of realized we’re playing each other soon. I blame the beer. 🤪
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 06:00:14 AM »
I was puzzled for a minute until I looked at the positions of the keys - have you got big fingers like me?  :D

That or a s**t phone... perhaps both.
O Albion we love you

Offline wbako

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »
This game will define whether or not we've had a great start to the season, or an okay one.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 07:59:01 PM »
We need to win this really, it's really important to get our first home win and get that monkey off our backs. If he doesn't get a retrospective ban for the penalty incident Pereira needs to be starting now, as does Austin, they are not going to get sharper without games. We can always bring them off late on if need be. Townsend needs to be replacing Gibbs after yet another costly display on Saturday IMO.

Johnstone

Ferguson      Ajayi                      Bartley           Townsend

Livermore                 Sawyers   

Pereira                     Krovinovic                        Diangana

Austin

Subs: Bond, Furlong, O'Shea, Brunt, Phillips, Edwards, Zohore.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 08:23:53 PM »
We need to win this really, it's really important to get our first home win and get that monkey off our backs. If he doesn't get a retrospective ban for the penalty incident Pereira needs to be starting now, as does Austin, they are not going to get sharper without games. We can always bring them off late on if need be. Townsend needs to be replacing Gibbs after yet another costly display on Saturday IMO.

Johnstone

Ferguson      Ajayi                      Bartley           Townsend

Livermore                 Sawyers   

Pereira                     Krovinovic                        Diangana

Austin

Subs: Bond, Furlong, O'Shea, Brunt, Phillips, Edwards, Zohore.
I’d suggest Gibbs is still the best LB in the division, if he doesn’t start it will be because of the groin injury
Zohore has 2/2 and you’d drop him?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 11:21:11 AM »
We need to start getting more efforts on target, we can't keep on having 15-20 shots per game with only 3 or 4 being on target.

We need to win this game not just for the points but for morale and to get that "first home win of the season" monkey off our backs.

Offline johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 07:04:13 PM »
Gayle was banned within 2 days of an evening game, so it would seem like we’ve got away with it and Pereira will be ok. Fortunate for us and I’d start him instead of Edwards.

Offline Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »
Really looking forward to this. It's the first time I'm going with one of my mates who has recently adopted the Baggies, so I really hope they put on a good performance and a win!
Astle is the King

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »
Really looking forward to this. It's the first time I'm going with one of my mates who has recently adopted the Baggies, so I really hope they put on a good performance and a win!

Let's hope so ! I am intrigued by your mate's recent adoption of our beloved team. Has he switched from another team? Pray tell....

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 12:40:41 PM »
Let's hope so ! I am intrigued by your mate's recent adoption of our beloved team. Has he switched from another team? Pray tell....

His friend is probably from Bury.......
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »

He's never been into football, originally from darn sarf. He got a job for a company that did a lot of work for the Albion and ended up going to some matches through work. He's since left that company but he needs his baggies fix so I've got him a ticket, lets see how he likes a match when he's not getting paid to go  ;D ;D
Astle is the King

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 11:12:42 PM »
He's never been into football, originally from darn sarf. He got a job for a company that did a lot of work for the Albion and ended up going to some matches through work. He's since left that company but he needs his baggies fix so I've got him a ticket, lets see how he likes a match when he's not getting paid to go  ;D ;D

Thanks for the explanation. Let’s then hope we play well and win and he becomes hopelessly hooked like the rest of us.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 09:56:27 AM »
I'd like to see a little more end product tomorrow, doesn't have to be goals (obviously that would be great) but just get some shots away and work the keeper, the midfielders getting into the box to support the striker when crosses come in, that kind of thing.

Offline A5HB

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 11:56:07 AM »
Could really do with a win tomorrow. Would turn a reasonable start into a good one and keep us on track with the 2 points a game standard we need to maintain for top 2. Haven’t seen any team news as yet but hopefully the majority are available. Think I’d be inclined to leave Gibbs out and not risk him regardless unless he’s absolutely 100% right. As a result I’d bring Furlong in to offer more of an attacking option down the opposite side. I’d also leave Phillips out before he goes away with Scotland, in part because Pereira is worth a go.

Johnstone

Furlong
Ajayi
Bartley
Townsend

Livermore
Sawyers

Pereira
Krovinovic
Diangana

Zohore

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 02:14:53 PM »
got to win this. 2-1
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2019, 02:42:56 PM »
I don't think its in Tony Mowbrays character to come and defend en masse, which should suit us.
I'm going for the team to start clicking WBA 4 - Blackburn 0 (yes a clean sheet)
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
'Tony Mowbray's Blackburn' have kept a very unMowbrayesque three clean sheets on the bounce.

I think this game could prove tight.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »
'Tony Mowbray's Blackburn' have kept a very unMowbrayesque three clean sheets on the bounce.

I think this game could prove tight.

Damn killjoy, letting facts get in the way of speculation & conjecture, be off with you !

What score?
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline MarkW

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2019, 03:24:48 PM »
Jacko may be happy. Gibbs is out and Bilic says Townsend "felt something", and specifically mentioned how Brunt has played at left back...

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »
Jacko may be happy. Gibbs is out and Bilic says Townsend "felt something", and specifically mentioned how Brunt has played at left back...

Furlongs replaced Gibbs at Derby and Brunt was an option of the bench then. Depends on whether Ferguson starts at RB I guess?

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »
In a way I'd rather Brunt start over Furlong then if that is the case. I rate Furlong higher especially from open play - but Brunt could prove the difference with set-plays if we're struggling up front.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 06:44:43 PM »
Anyone but Townsend.