West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: After Match Debate  (Read 2423 times)

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
After Match Debate
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:13:46 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Reading

Wednesday 21st August 2019 20.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:18:21 PM by OldburyWBA »
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline baggie82

• Reserve Baggie
Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 09:57:59 PM »
Pereira and Krov linked up great in ten minutes. Zohore also looked miles better than Austin who looked incredibly slow and immobile. Livermore I think most at fault for their goal, decided not to bother closing them down and then crisp packet hands in goal doesn’t even bother to dive. Furlong MOM.

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 09:58:32 PM »
Different manager, different players.
Same old stlye.
Too much pretty sidewards passing which lets the opposition get back to defend.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:58:57 PM »
Another uninspiring home performance. Seemingly unable to trouble the keeper from open play anywhere near enough. Reading found that way too easy for too long. Lots of tippy tally football in the midfield without ever creating any real chances.

It is still early days in the season, but that’s 3 home games now without a win. Bilic should know now he needs to tweak things tactically. Up to him to prove he has the necessary managerial ability.
Boing Boing

Offline DaveWBA

• WBA Coach
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
Missed two really good chances tonight. One for Zohore and one for Austin. Should have had two penalties before the one we did get. Just not our night. Pereira looks a real player.

Offline richjonawba

• WBA Coach
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 10:00:21 PM »
Periera looks a very very good player, looking forward to seeing more of him. Some pretty stuff from us, but not much created until he came on and started slotting balls through.

Offline maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 10:00:40 PM »
I'll take that - Reading have some good players and I think they'l do well this season. Important for Zohore to get off the mark - will be good for his confidence.

I am so excited by Perreira, I think he's playing way below his level - he's easily Premier League quality - what a signing this will be. His and Krovinovic's link-up play was majestic. We need Perreira starting games from now on.

Online johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 10:00:51 PM »
It’s too early to say if reading are a decent side or not, but a decent side would have put them to the sword tonight. We on the other hand barely troubled the keeper.

On a positive note, some of Pereira’s passing was brilliant, precise and cutting. His shooting was wayward though.

We need to improve but at least we saved a point.

Offline geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 10:01:40 PM »
The play leading up to the pen is the way to open up packed defences.
Would like to say I think we're aren't far off a
Top 2 team. Time & patience & a good January window

Offline WBASweden

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 10:02:15 PM »
Pereira looked class. I think we need to play a 442 style for the strikers to be effective. I don't think even Gayle would thrive as a lone striker

Offline wabooz

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 10:02:48 PM »
Relatively poor and 'tired' performance - but a few good passages of play.

I think there are definite signs of a better quality team in there than last year personally - but I will concede we're not getting it right in the final third.

We're a work in a progress, we've dug out a point despite playing quite poorly, and we are undefeated in the league. Head up and march on!

Offline wbadazza

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 10:03:04 PM »
I dont get Livermore and Sawyers both so deep at home...mind you both were poor tonight...they got round us in numbers and stifled us...let Livermore sit and Sawyers and Krov roam around, pull them out of position...they read us like a book.
cut me in half you'll find blue and white stripes

Offline Blowee

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 10:03:28 PM »
Disappointing to not win at home but we deserved the point. Early days. With the changes to the squad we were never going to be getting off to a flyer but we are in touch. There are so many solid teams in this league hopefully we can get better and really compete.

Offline garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »
Worrying to see Fulham hammer Millwall tonight after we struggled against them.

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2019, 10:04:05 PM »
I'll take that - Reading have some good players and I think they'l do well this season. Important for Zohore to get off the mark - will be good for his confidence.

I am so excited by Perreira, I think he's playing way below his level - he's easily Premier League quality - what a signing this will be. His and Krovinovic's link-up play was majestic. We need Perreira starting games from now on.

I had a feeling Perreira might turn out to be the best signing of the bunch, sure he's hardly featured so far, but when he is a regular starter we could be in for a treat.

Offline Ross

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 10:04:23 PM »
Krovinovic too lightweight

Offline graka

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:06 PM »
Johnstone poor.
Still shaky from set pieces but better.
Sawyers had his least effective game.
Livermore needs dropping, definitely for home games
Phillips was ok. Krovonovic not in the game enough.
Diangana ok.
Austin was poor but in fairness we needed another body closer to him
Looked better with 2 wide players and perreira playing for the striker.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:19 PM »
Unbeaten start. Did seem to lack a cutting edge tonight. Sawyers not quite as peerless as previous matches in first half but looked better second half. Zohore looked good.

But Pereira.

Wow

Pin point accuracy with his crosses. Great close control and awareness. Couple of lovely quick passes.

And he’s the one loan player we have a chance of keeping.

He needs to start.

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:36 PM »
Thought we could/should have had at least two or three more penalty's. The foul in the first 5 minutes and then the shove on Austin when he jumped for the ball, then the foul on Krov when he cut inside, but the ref gave nothing (I think he knew he got the first Krov foul wrong by his body language).

Still, it doesn't hide the fact we defended poorly for their opening goal (I don't know how the hell Johnstone was meant to save it...that is a bit ridiculous)

Anyway, at least we're still unbeaten and Zohore did well with the pressure etc. Regarding Perreira, yes his link up play was great with Krov but he was also a bit weak in other areas. Still lots to improve upon but at least we didn't lose.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:45 PM »
Some worrying trends going on with this team that needs putting right 23 - 24 shots 4 on target Saturday, tonight 19 shots 4 on target, defending for some of the goals this season has been piddle poor also the guy had the freedom of the Black Country to pick that shot out. There needs to be more cutting edge up top. Pereira looks a good player and linked up well with Krov. I think the international break will do this team well so they can learn each other’s games especially up top, thought Livermore had a superb game.

Offline wbadazza

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 10:08:07 PM »
For me we struggle in the final third because the 2 DMs are miles away from the attackers and the 4 up top are also miles away from each other...lone striker, two wingers and an attacking mid so either your cross has to be spot on or your through ball does and if they have 4 defenders and 2 DMs we are completely outnumbered...we just dont link very well and it breaks down.
cut me in half you'll find blue and white stripes

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »
I feel more positive than some here! I thought Phillips and Krovinovic were superb, Pereira and Edwards looked great when they came on and Sawyers was much improved after the break. Still find Livermore frustrating. He'll bounce a five yard pass to somebody's knees.

Johnstone needs to actually dive more. Almost every goal this season he's rooted to the spot, happens way too often.

All in all, we're unbeaten and up there. Saturday will be a tough test.

Offline Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »
Before the slagging off brigade come on hear!! That was a good performance & very unlucky not to claim all 3 points. Reading we’re a much improved side & played really well. Better than previous Reading teams. Great link up play between Krovinovic& Pierrer. Unlikely baggies

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »
Worrying to see Fulham hammer Millwall tonight after we struggled against them.

Fulham's front 3 of Mitrovic, Knockaert and Cavaleiro is simply too good for this level, anybody finishing above them will go up, probably as champions.

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »
Some worrying trends going on with this team that needs putting right 23 - 24 shots 4 on target Saturday, tonight 19 shots 4 on target, defending for some of the goals this season has been piddle poor also the guy had the freedom of the Black Country to pick that shot out. There needs to be more cutting edge up top. Pereira looks a good player and linked up well with Krov. I think the international break will do this team well so they can learn each other’s games especially up top, thought Livermore had a superb game.

It's encouraging to be getting in so many shots though, if that becomes a trend for us then just a little improvement in shooting quality will see us start to net a lot more often.