West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Mate moving on  (Read 673 times)

Offline glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach
Mate moving on
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:39:24 PM »
Father a Doctor. Spent years as a porter. Time off studying. Now moved to complete study in Brum.
His view on football in the midlands.
I will bring him up to the Baggies for a game. He goes around a bit to the USA to support Philadelphia stuff.

"Just reading up on Brum! So, Villa are the 'posh' team (like Real Madrid) and get the most support, City are the working man's team (like Athletico) and they hate each other. Albion and Wolves as towns just north of Brum hate each other. Albion hate Villa too but are ok with City (some guy in the old days went to Villa from Albion then scored against them to win a cup). Wolves and City now hate each other, they've been in the same divisions too often. Everyone hates Stoke as rivals to anyone from Brum. If it's Forest or Derby you support anyone, even Stoke, because it's now West Mid's vs East Mid's! And no one cares about Walsall (bless em!"
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
Re: Mate moving on
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 10:56:32 PM »
that is the first and definitely last time either Villa or City are compared to the Madrid teams.. unless it's a team from Madrid, Iowa.

Offline ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 08:34:34 AM »
I woiuld.certainly support Forest/Derby over any of the other rivals bar maybe Blues where I wouldn't care either way. (Assuming games have no impact on West Brom naturally).

Offline glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 07:31:31 PM »
I woiuld.certainly support Forest/Derby over any of the other rivals bar maybe Blues where I wouldn't care either way. (Assuming games have no impact on West Brom naturally).
Agree with that. Blues always get on with them. Got one started at the hospital.I said "you from midlands who do you support?! She said Blues you not Villa are ya!? ....No I Is a Baggie!" All good and calm! :D 8) :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Offline glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 07:33:25 PM »
that is the first and definitely last time either Villa or City are compared to the Madrid teams.. unless it's a team from Madrid, Iowa.
Yeah! Will put him right.I intend to come up and take him to a game at Shrine!