Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 16247 times)

alex1

• Senior Baggie

Re: Charlie Austin
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2019, 11:53:46 PM »
That's 2 well taken penalties. Looks confident and gets a good contact with the ball.  Looks like he varies which side he shoots to.  Penalty taking is not as easy as some make it out to be.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2019, 01:32:49 AM »
What I have noticed about him is he seems to drop back and get involved in order to get things going again. I’m beginning to take a shine to this guy. 
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2019, 11:45:46 AM »
I thought Charlie was blowing from his harris from the kick-off last night, and was amazed to see him come out for the second half.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2019, 11:50:19 AM »
I felt sorry for him last night, Edwards, Krov and Phillips were all awful and provided him with absolutely nothing to feed off.

royhan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2019, 12:00:34 PM »
He's a dead ball master but I am surprised to see how much lacking he is in pace. I think it is time for Zohore to see what he can do - and he's good at taking penalties too,

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
Looks unfit and ponderous, we cannot play him as a lone front man, no doubt he has qualiites and ability to score goals, but pace and first touch are not them :(

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »
I do like Charlie, but I have to say, I think, going forward, we look more mobile and more of a threat in the final third with HRK playing
Prediction, we are heading for a hung parliament

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
Take a look at the points he has won us, 3 points in the last three games
Notes from a small island!

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2019, 01:01:47 PM »
I think he wants to come far too deep as he just hasnt got the legs to keep moving from  the midfield area to the forward line. Ideally he needs to be the player the furthest up the pitch and in front of the ball as much as possible. I think everyone knows that his biggest attribute is his finishing but if he keeps dropping to the centre circle he is not going to get those opportunities. I do get the feeling though that he struggles a little with the system and being the lone man up top, would be a lot more effective if he had a second striker to play off but then who do you drop from midfield to do this

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »
HRK gets us up the pitch further and quicker than Austin does, I'd also argue he causes the opposition defenders more problems than Austin
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »
Austin has won us 7 points in the last 3 weeks.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TiptonThrostle

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »
i think Austin isnt a lone man striker.

in a 2 i think he could be effective and if the ball drops in the box i dont think there is anyone better in the league but he has won us 7 points in the last few weeks so that alone is worth the small fee we paid for him.

Manc Baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #262 on: Yesterday at 12:24:28 AM »
Having seen the footage of him running behind the goal after scoring last night, he could do with shedding a few pounds  :o