West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Grady Diangana (on loan from West Ham)  (Read 4663 times)

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Grady Diangana (on loan from West Ham)
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
He’s a good player but so far I rate Barnes more. Also, the loss of Barnes was so devastating because we had nobody like him in the team whereas we have good strength in depth on the wings.

Obviously, given what we’ve seen I’d really like us to keep him, but I don’t think his loss would be as dramatic as Barnes last year.

Saying that it wasn’t just the loss of Barnes that hurt us - we pretty much lost Phillips for the second half of the season too, and we can’t rule out that happening again this year.

Offline wbarenno

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »
of course, what made you think he couldn’t?

Krovinović Doesn’t have any recall option the same with Pereira. Both of them can’t be recalled so I was hoping the deal was the same as theirs . Pretty sure Willock can be recalled the same as Diangana

Offline chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2019, 11:26:08 PM »
 ;D Lets enjoy his football while we have him. He is a West Ham player.....but pleased as punch we have got him for a short time regardless if he goes back in January. :D :D

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2019, 11:43:05 PM »
He’s a good player but so far I rate Barnes more. Also, the loss of Barnes was so devastating because we had nobody like him in the team whereas we have good strength in depth on the wings.

Obviously, given what we’ve seen I’d really like us to keep him, but I don’t think his loss would be as dramatic as Barnes last year.

Saying that it wasn’t just the loss of Barnes that hurt us - we pretty much lost Phillips for the second half of the season too, and we can’t rule out that happening again this year.

It wasn't the loss of Barnes itself that was damaging, it was the failure to bring in a decent replacement. As we have seen over the last month or so, there are plenty of other talented players out there. If Diangana was recalled I suspect Bilic will have other players on his radar ready to bring in as a replacement.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2019, 08:48:12 AM »
If West Ham manage to stay in the top 8 or 10 up to January then I doubt they will recall him.

I'm just going to carry on enjoying watching him play and hopefully scoring more goals.

B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2019, 12:56:53 PM »
If West Ham manage to stay in the top 8 or 10 up to January then I doubt they will recall him.

I'm just going to carry on enjoying watching him play and hopefully scoring more goals.

I agree with this. If you watch him closely it is clear, even at our level, that he is not the finished article. With that in mind a season with us where he is involved in upwards of 35 games will be the best possible education available to him at present. Should West Ham struggle however, it could be different. 

Offline MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2019, 02:25:17 PM »

On the flip side they might then want him back for a europa push
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2019, 03:25:21 PM »
On the flip side they might then want him back for a europa push

Antonio out injured until February, I bet Pellegrini calls him back as cover at least
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'