Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 136849 times)

baggies_24

• Youth Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1275 on: April 04, 2021, 10:22:59 PM »
I don’t see how he’s here next year if we go down he’s too good for the championship,  everyone including Matheus knows that. He’s got ambition & could go & play for a team in Europe playing uefa cup which is a step up in quality & wage.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1276 on: April 04, 2021, 10:30:18 PM »
Pereira is a £60m player.  Man Ure paid £80m for Maguire!
Man Utd overpaid by about £40m.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1277 on: April 05, 2021, 08:40:32 AM »
Man Utd overpaid by about £40m.

But dunna forget, they gave him his buz fare and a ten-bob luncheon voucher!

😂
West Brom 2020/21
Like Sticky the Stick Insect who got stuck on a sticky bun

Matheus PEREIRA
Periera? Perreira? Perrera?  Perriara? Who are they?

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1278 on: April 05, 2021, 01:12:52 PM »
Will be really gutted when he leaves, sadly when the inevitable happens and we go down there is surely no way we can hang on to him

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1279 on: April 07, 2021, 02:14:13 PM »
I'm not sure that his departure is as much of a forgone conclusion as some think.

As already covered, for the amount of money it would take to get him, there is a very limited pool of clubs that would pay that. I don't think he's a big enough name for the big boys (L'Pool, Manchesters, Arsenal, Chelsea) to come in for. I would be relatively worried about Leicester if they move someone on, or Villa if Grealish moves.
It really all depends on Matheus himself. If he decides to kick up a stink, we may be left with no choice. As it stands, I think we have a more than decent chance of selling him on the Norwich model and subsequent success for next season.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1280 on: April 07, 2021, 03:06:36 PM »
Tbf, he has only been the player we know him to be in 3 or 4 games this season so far, including the last game. We all love the bloke, we see him through blue n white bias. From a outsider looking in, there will be a school of thought he hasnt been able to step up. I hope that is the case and hes megging rotherham players for us next year.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1281 on: April 07, 2021, 03:29:23 PM »
Tbf, he has only been the player we know him to be in 3 or 4 games this season so far, including the last game. We all love the bloke, we see him through blue n white bias. From a outsider looking in, there will be a school of thought he hasnt been able to step up. I hope that is the case and hes megging rotherham players for us next year.

I don't think so tbh, I think he's judged differently to the rest of our players by his own fans, held to a higher standard. He's having as good a season stats wise as Grealish did last year. Despite romantic stories of Johnstone and Townsend he's still been far and away our best player this season.

What I hope will bar him from any move is our valuation and a reticence from the big 6 to sign him.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1282 on: April 07, 2021, 04:09:14 PM »
I don't think so tbh, I think he's judged differently to the rest of our players by his own fans, held to a higher standard. He's having as good a season stats wise as Grealish did last year. Despite romantic stories of Johnstone and Townsend he's still been far and away our best player this season.

What I hope will bar him from any move is our valuation and a reticence from the big 6 to sign him.
I agree he's probably not going to be a serious contender for the big six, but I wouldn't put it past one of our beloved neighbours to go for him.  :'(

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1283 on: April 07, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
He set a very high standard last year, in a far inferior league, so it's unfair to compare this season to that.

If you compare like for like, in terms of goals and assists, he is up there with the likes of Harvey Barnes and has wiped the floor with other Championship stars Eze and Benrahma as well as the "superstars" from down the road Neves and Traore.

Make no bones about it, this has been a successful step up and there is far more to come.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1284 on: April 08, 2021, 08:24:05 AM »
Aside from goals and assists he's still played some very intelligent football at times even when not firing on all cylinders. He also works harder off the ball than he often appears to be given credit for. Sincerely hope I get to see an on song Matheus Pereira playing football in an Albion kit in person again......... one day, at least.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1285 on: April 08, 2021, 02:07:23 PM »

Totally agree.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1286 on: April 08, 2021, 08:23:32 PM »
For the money that we are going to get rid of on wages if we do go down it's worth offering him new deal and make him our highest paid at that level if that stops any sulking.
O Albion we love you

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1287 on: April 08, 2021, 08:39:12 PM »
For the money that we are going to get rid of on wages if we do go down it's worth offering him new deal and make him our highest paid at that level if that stops any sulking.
I think it will be the size of the stage as much as the money