Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 492066 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira Signs 4 Year Deal
« Reply #925 on: October 26, 2020, 10:50:26 PM »
By hook or by crook need to have him playing in a central position totally different player with more influence.
I agree that is his best position BUT when he plays there we effectively just have 2 in central midfield. If we play with that formation we really have to be 'at it' or we'll get over-run or not get a foothold in the game (as at Southampton).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #926 on: October 26, 2020, 11:02:22 PM »
By hook or by crook need to have him playing in a central position totally different player with more influence.
Completly agree. He has more options centrally and he's not a winger because he doesn't go around the outside of the full back. I would stick Robinson out wide, and play Pereira inside next to Krov with Gallagher slightly deeper.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #927 on: October 26, 2020, 11:41:57 PM »
I agree that is his best position BUT when he plays there we effectively just have 2 in central midfield. If we play with that formation we really have to be 'at it' or we'll get over-run or not get a foothold in the game (as at Southampton).

Him in a front 3 he doesnt influence the game.
The only other option is go Robinson and grant up top periera in behind and a flat 3
O Albion we love you

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #928 on: October 28, 2020, 11:40:51 AM »
Telegraph Football
@TeleFootball
Exclusive: West Brom offer Matheus Pereira new deal - just two months after his £8.25m signing | @JPercyTelegraph
 @JBurtTelegraph
Exclusive: West Brom offer Matheus Pereira new deal - just two months after his £8.25m signing
Brazilian winger has emerged as a key player under Slaven Bilic and club is determined to reward his importance with lucrative new contract
telegraph.co.uk

I can't see the details on the link

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #929 on: October 28, 2020, 11:43:29 AM »
Full article:

West Bromwich Albion are offering Matheus Pereira a lucrative new contract, just two months after announcing his £8.25 million signing.

Pereira is in line for an improved £45,000-a-week deal following West Brom’s promotion to the Premier League under Slaven Bilic.

The Brazilian winger was initially signed on loan from Sporting last summer with an obligation to sign permanently on terms worth around £30,000 a week.

Pereira has since emerged as a key player under Bilic, scoring eight goals and providing 16 assists to help Albion finish second in the Championship, and the club is determined to reward his importance with a new deal.

The pay increase will take Pereira closer to Albion’s top earners, including Jake Livermore, Kieran Gibbs and Charlie Austin.

Under regulations, West Brom would also have to add an extra year to the four-year contract as negotiations are being held outside the transfer window.

Pereira, 24, has made six appearances in the Premier League so far this season, scoring in the 5-2 defeat at Everton last month.

Bilic, meanwhile, will address the press on Thursday for the first time since raising doubts over his future following the 1-1 draw at Brighton.

The 52 year-old was unhappy after the sale of Ahmed Hegazi to Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad, admitting “it wasn’t a football decision” to accept an offer for the Egypt international.

“I’m very disappointed. We are a team that needs all our good players, he is a player that has know-how in the Premier League,” said Bilic.

"I wanted him to stay and he wanted to stay and then something happened and then he is off, although I had assurances from the club that he would stay. There is of course the economic side but we are a football club.

“You need numbers and you need quality, so angry or disappointed doesn’t change a lot, but my feeling is very negative about that, of course.”

Albion return to action on Monday night with a game against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #930 on: October 28, 2020, 11:46:52 AM »
Full article:

West Bromwich Albion are offering Matheus Pereira a lucrative new contract, just two months after announcing his £8.25 million signing.

Pereira is in line for an improved £45,000-a-week deal following West Brom’s promotion to the Premier League under Slaven Bilic.

The Brazilian winger was initially signed on loan from Sporting last summer with an obligation to sign permanently on terms worth around £30,000 a week.

Pereira has since emerged as a key player under Bilic, scoring eight goals and providing 16 assists to help Albion finish second in the Championship, and the club is determined to reward his importance with a new deal.

The pay increase will take Pereira closer to Albion’s top earners, including Jake Livermore, Kieran Gibbs and Charlie Austin.

Under regulations, West Brom would also have to add an extra year to the four-year contract as negotiations are being held outside the transfer window.

Pereira, 24, has made six appearances in the Premier League so far this season, scoring in the 5-2 defeat at Everton last month.

Bilic, meanwhile, will address the press on Thursday for the first time since raising doubts over his future following the 1-1 draw at Brighton.

The 52 year-old was unhappy after the sale of Ahmed Hegazi to Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad, admitting “it wasn’t a football decision” to accept an offer for the Egypt international.

“I’m very disappointed. We are a team that needs all our good players, he is a player that has know-how in the Premier League,” said Bilic.

"I wanted him to stay and he wanted to stay and then something happened and then he is off, although I had assurances from the club that he would stay. There is of course the economic side but we are a football club.

“You need numbers and you need quality, so angry or disappointed doesn’t change a lot, but my feeling is very negative about that, of course.”

Albion return to action on Monday night with a game against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Hopefully it’s to get rid of or up the amount of a relegation release clause. What’s more worrying is Livermore, Austin & Gibbs are our highest earners when 2 can’t make the starting 11 and Livermore may find himself on the bench, thankfully 2 of those contracts run out next summer.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #931 on: October 28, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »
Under regulations, West Brom would also have to add an extra year to the four-year contract as negotiations are being held outside the transfer window

What is this all about??? Why not wait a few weeks (10?) and sign the deal in the next window, if adding a year is an issue !?

This smacks of deflection from the Hegazi debacle to me !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #932 on: October 28, 2020, 11:59:27 AM »
Just securing his value I suppose which is sensible

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #933 on: October 28, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »
So, we are strapped for cash, sell a player against Bilic's wishes because of this and the wages he was on then go and pay more money to a player we have just signed and is perfectly happy at the Albion.

What the hell is going on? We dont need to waste money on totally unnecessary pay increases.

Unless I'm missing something this is madness.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #934 on: October 28, 2020, 12:07:42 PM »
Longer contract means when it comes to sell him he will be worth more and they expect the difference in that figure to be higher than paying him 15k a week extra for 30 weeks or whatever till end of season.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #935 on: October 28, 2020, 12:16:33 PM »
Longer contract means when it comes to sell him he will be worth more and they expect the difference in that figure to be higher than paying him 15k a week extra for 30 weeks or whatever till end of season.

And what if we cant sell him? What if he gets a bad injury? What if he starts playing up?

I bet Bilic is fuming after the Hegazi sale and basically being told we dont have a pot to xxxx in.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #936 on: October 28, 2020, 12:29:28 PM »
Everything points to preparing for the Championship.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #937 on: October 28, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »
Everything points to preparing for the Championship.
and flogging MP !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #938 on: October 28, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »
Most likely getting rid or upping the release clause incase of relegation. Can understand it, secures the players value if we have him on a 5 year contract.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #939 on: October 28, 2020, 12:51:51 PM »
And what if we cant sell him? What if he gets a bad injury? What if he starts playing up?

I bet Bilic is fuming after the Hegazi sale and basically being told we dont have a pot to xxxx in.

The odds of not being able to sell him due to a career changing injury are very low indeed.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #940 on: October 28, 2020, 01:07:17 PM »
It's either upping the release clause, or Dowling isn't happy with public reception to Hegazi going and wants to be our mate again  ;)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #941 on: October 28, 2020, 01:33:38 PM »
Good sensible move, protecting our investment in players, something we have been very poor at doing.
Baggie in Southampton

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #942 on: October 28, 2020, 01:44:13 PM »
I think he needs to start hitting the target with his shots before we offer him a new deal!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #943 on: October 29, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »
Anyone else think that this is a tactic to make the club more attractive to sell? Apparently Lai wants 175m for us according to Madeley

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #944 on: October 29, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »
Anyone else think that this is a tactic to make the club more attractive to sell? Apparently Lai wants 175m for us according to Madeley
No...it won’t have any impact
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #945 on: October 29, 2020, 09:20:14 AM »

No, rather he is only on £30k a year at the moment and players worse than him are on £45k a week the board are bumping his wages up so he's not underpaid and getting another year out of his contract in return. You can't have one of your best players earnings 2/3 of what other more mediocre players are and keep them happy.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #946 on: November 03, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »
Where to play Pereira gives us a bit of a puzzle.
Evidently a lot want him playing centrally in a No 10 role. I suspect that's where he wants to play and it's definitely where he can influence things most...there is a BUT though...

I'd say he's an attacking No 10 and not a genuine attacking midfielder. When he's playing there we only have two genuine central midfielders to compete in the middle of the park. This isn't helped by relatively lightweight attacking wide players who would usually be Diangana and one of the other options. To play with this formation in the premier league we have to be 100% 'at it' or we'll struggle to get any midfield parity as at Southampton. The likes of Wigan, Barnsley and Charlton caused us enough issues when they outnumbered and outworked us in midfield last season. I know we were outplayed with a sort of 4-3-3 last night but we had at least looked a bit more compact in the previous 2 games.

Last night Fulham had Cairney as the more advanced of their midfield and he is far more of a genuine AM i.e. a midfielder with attacking instincts who can drop back and help out in the mdfield battle when needed.

The thing that surprised me last night was Pereira going off with us 2-0 down without him being switched centrally for a change of tactic first. I'm not aware of any injury and he apparently went straight down the tunnel. Suggests to me that Bilic wasn't happy with his effort and I worry that Pereira was in a bit of a sulk through having to play wide.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #947 on: November 03, 2020, 06:59:44 PM »
Where to play Pereira gives us a bit of a puzzle.

In the middle, not out wide, that simple.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #948 on: November 03, 2020, 07:56:46 PM »
In the middle, not out wide, that simple.
OK fair enough...but Bilic obviously doesn't see it as that simple and I can understand why.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #949 on: November 03, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »
Just give him the freedom to play as he sees fit in a central attacking role, third thread I've said this on.  I can't see any other way we win enough games to stay up.