Author Topic: Matheus Pereira (on loan from Sporting Lisbon)  (Read 49633 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Matheus Pereira (on loan from Sporting Lisbon)
« Reply #575 on: February 13, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign him until we are promoted. And not sign him if we don't get promotion.

Not even our current regime are that daft.

Are they?  :o
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #576 on: February 13, 2020, 12:29:23 PM »
The bloke is pure class and a joy to watch, get him signed.
Needs to work on his diving and play-acting though, it's a bit too obvious and not up to Premier League standards, I think Bilic should bring in Greasy's acting coach to hone his skills. ;)
Bilic shown on the telly angrily gesturing him to get up and get on with it with 2 mins left - he was caught, but he was milking it.  It must be so ingrained in some cultures like Portugal that it is hard stop players doing.

Great reactions for his goal after the first save, and he really looks up for it now.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #577 on: February 13, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
Not even our current regime are that daft.

Are they?  :o
as far as I’m aware, if he plays 2 more game we are locked into the purchase whether we wanted to or not.

FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #578 on: February 13, 2020, 12:46:05 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign him until we are promoted. And not sign him if we don't get promotion.

With Jenkins in charge, I don't doubt we'd make it permanent regardless, and then flog him off to the highest bidder if we don't go up.

And the money will stay in the bank.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:35:51 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2020, 12:48:26 PM »
Bilic shown on the telly angrily gesturing him to get up and get on with it with 2 mins left - he was caught, but he was milking it.  It must be so ingrained in some cultures like Portugal that it is hard stop players doing.

Great reactions for his goal after the first save, and he really looks up for it now.
Was very tongue in cheek but, it very much goes on in the Prem also, so, if he's going to do it, he needs to work on his technique.  ;)
You're right though, Bilic clearly didn't like it.

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #580 on: February 13, 2020, 07:36:33 PM »

Billic may have been furious, he may also have been looking to be seen to do the right thing also?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #581 on: February 13, 2020, 07:49:10 PM »
I think he wanted to defuse the situation as the Reading player were starting to kick off. 

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #582 on: February 13, 2020, 08:44:53 PM »
I think he wanted to defuse the situation as the Reading player were starting to kick off.
The Reading player just happened to be Charlie Adam, not someone with the fairest or most sporting reputation, thinking back to when I last saw him action for Stoke. In fact my first thought when he came on was, who's he going to nobble.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #583 on: February 13, 2020, 09:38:35 PM »
The Reading player just happened to be Charlie Adam, not someone with the fairest or most sporting reputation, thinking back to when I last saw him action for Stoke. In fact my first thought when he came on was, who's he going to nobble.
It stunk to me .

Thee was not end ought imo for him to really hope to influence the game, and from the moment he wobbled on he took up position 5yds off Pererira and looked to be waiting his opportunity...
I think Pererira drama and theatrics may actually have had the desired effect of making it look like Adams was looking for him to the ref too

If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Wigmore

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #584 on: February 13, 2020, 09:41:13 PM »
With Jenkins in charge, I don't doubt we'd make it permanent regardless, and then flog him off to the highest bidder if we don't go up.

And the money will stay in the bank.
Very unfair.
Jenkins, for all his faults, has already sanctioned the deal which is in place, and you have no valid basis to claim MP would be sold.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:36:43 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

Wigmore

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #585 on: February 13, 2020, 09:50:29 PM »
You're right though, Bilic clearly didn't like it.
Compare and contrast with Our Tone's attitude regarding time wasting (from 60 minutes onward...)

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #586 on: February 13, 2020, 09:57:24 PM »
Compare and contrast with Our Tone's attitude regarding time wasting (from 60 minutes onward...)
More like 6 mins onwards

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #587 on: February 13, 2020, 10:37:03 PM »

We wasted time from 20 mins against Barnsley.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #588 on: February 13, 2020, 10:50:20 PM »

We wasted time from 20 mins against Barnsley.

But let’s not pretend we’re anything like that era. It’s night and day, we’ve just 54 shots in two games.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #589 on: February 13, 2020, 11:10:42 PM »
But let’s not pretend we’re anything like that era. It’s night and day, we’ve just 54 shots in two games.

Yeah the Pulis era was an absolute stain on the club. We have recovered now thank goodness,

FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #590 on: February 14, 2020, 08:47:22 AM »
Very unfair.
Jenkins, for all his faults, has already sanctioned the deal which is in place, and you have no valid basis to claim MP would be sold.

If we are looking to build a team for a promotion challenge, but have less money coming in due to reduced parachute money, and no investment from the owner, then it only makes sense to cash in on one saleable asset and put that money back into the team.

Jenkins is a pragmatist, and I guarantee in a market when you can charge £20 million plus for Championship players, that it's in his mind.

Remember, we need to be self-sufficient, and a large profit in such a short time would be a big boost to that.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #591 on: February 14, 2020, 05:11:23 PM »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #592 on: February 15, 2020, 10:47:05 PM »

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #593 on: February 16, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »
Forest was the final game on loan permanent deal should be announced tomorrow I suspect, what a boost to promotion.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #594 on: February 17, 2020, 01:41:17 PM »
Any one got access to the piece about Pereira in the Athletic today and happy to share it on here?
Particularly interested to hear more about the change in the system it mentions in the headlines
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #595 on: February 17, 2020, 05:28:16 PM »
Forest was the final game on loan permanent deal should be announced tomorrow I suspect, what a boost to promotion.

Brum mail suggesting he has to play 30 games minimum 45 mins in each so saying yesterday was only number 25. No idea if this accurate tbough
O Albion we love you

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #596 on: February 19, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »
John Percy Twitter Account

"West Brom due to complete £8.25m signing of loan star Matheus Pereira in March"

It's a bargain!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #597 on: February 19, 2020, 11:05:23 AM »
John Percy Twitter Account

"West Brom due to complete £8.25m signing of loan star Matheus Pereira in March"

It's a bargain!
I thought we were only able to sign players when the transfer window was open unless they were out of contract?

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #598 on: February 19, 2020, 11:07:40 AM »
I thought we were only able to sign players when the transfer window was open unless they were out of contract?

Probably a pre-conract agreement compplted when the window opens

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #599 on: February 19, 2020, 11:10:21 AM »

I've always wondered, if you're desperate to sign someone outside the window, couldn't the selling club agree to cancel the player's contract for the "transfer fee" paid for by the player.  Then you sign the player for the "transfer fee" now he's out of contract.