Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 115699 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1075 on: January 11, 2021, 10:51:09 PM »
Excellent from him. Give him the armband and let him lead by example a la Grealish.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1076 on: January 12, 2021, 09:14:04 AM »
He's hardly going to come out and say I'm unhappy because the club won't pay me an extra £5K a week.
Imagine how that would have gone down? Seems a bit cynical to me to mention the fans.

I hope he is being sincere and that it acts as a form of catharsis for him but I'll wait for him to improve before I start celebrating.

He needs to start doing it on the pitch first, paper talk is all good but it doesn't impact on results. No doubt he's finding the league hard but he looks a shadow of the player we saw last season, maybe Diangana struggling hasn't helped. Some games he has looked like he can't be bothered (under both Bilic and Allardyce).

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1077 on: January 12, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »
Jesus wept, we've got some absolute dross at this club. Character assassination piece in the press which he rebuts on social media and we get posts like this.  :-\

Why don't these journos go after some of the actual wasters in the squad?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: January 12, 2021, 10:35:26 AM »
Jesus wept, we've got some absolute dross at this club. Character assassination piece in the press which he rebuts on social media and we get posts like this.  :-\

You know what Jacko you're dead right. I've removed my post. It's not his fault that almost no one else around him is prepared to put up a fight.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

wodenson46

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1079 on: January 12, 2021, 12:59:34 PM »

Well said theJacko2000

Might add that Periera's better games have always been when Krov is in the team and when there is a decent wide player able to run on to the ball played through and then provide a cross or strike. These are the only creative players we need. The rest  - Gallagher whilst he is here provides good link up, when he gets his shooting boots back from the cobblers. We need a strong quick decent in the air central striker, a good defensive midfielder a competent commanding goalkeeper and a few well drilled defenders. Ajayi and O'Shea, might develop into 2 of those but the rest need immediate upgrades. It ought to be possible, but this is The Albion
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:00:22 PM by Dexy »

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1080 on: January 12, 2021, 01:02:01 PM »
What the hell is happening ? I'm in full agreement with the legend.Well said theJacko2000

Might add that Periera's better games have always been when Krov is in the team and when there is a decent wide player able to run on to the ball played through and then provide a cross or strike. These are the only creative players we need. The rest  - Gallagher whilst he is here provides good link up, when he gets his shooting boots back from the cobblers. We need a strong quick decent in the air central striker, a good defensive midfielder a competent commanding goalkeeper and a few well drilled defenders. Ajayi and O'Shea, might develop into 2 of those but the rest need immediate upgrades. It ought to be possible, but this is The Albion

Creativity has been banned in favour of organised defence, have you not noticed how much more solid we have looked since we got rid of Bilic and his tinkering?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1081 on: January 12, 2021, 01:28:40 PM »
Creativity has been banned in favour of organised defence, have you not noticed how much more solid we have looked since we got rid of Bilic and his tinkering?

This is completely untrue......

Creativity has not been banned. I like listening to people who actually played under him who say the complete opposite of what you say about Allardyce.

We were not solid defensively under Bilic either, in either the championship or the Prem....doesnt fit the narrative though does it.

Its quite obvious the players are to blame for this, unable to execute Allardyce's plans or unwilling to because they 'liked' Bilic.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

matt_wba912

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1082 on: January 12, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »
I'm glad he's upset, they all should be

last year MP was at his best when Diangana was in the side as he had someone else on the same wavelength to partner up with. When Diangana was injured that was when MP looked less effective and during games you'd see the frustration coming out via snapping at opposition players / increased diving and complaining to the ref.  This side of his character isn't new, during his time at West Brom he's always been hyper competitive and reacted when things don't work out

Diangana is struggling this year and there's no one else stepping up, MP started the season well but like everyone else the longer this season goes on the more he looks beaten by the downward momentum around the club but I don't think you can point to many games where he hasn't at least given 100%.  Add to that I don't imagine he has anything in common with Allardyce when it comes to football and the reports that Krov is available for other clubs in the transfer window its not hard to imagine he may not be happy about multiple things at the moment.  Add in the fact that players who aren't pulling their weight are reportedly on over double his current wage and I think he's being quite restrained!

Given the way this season has panned out the only thing I regret about the fact we cant attend games is the fact that for many of us we probably wont have the opportunity to watch Pereira live in a West Brom shirt again.  He's a cut above the rest of this team, if we could have a few more players of his quality and fight we might be in a better place 

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1083 on: January 12, 2021, 03:26:30 PM »
Add to that I don't imagine he has anything in common with Allardyce when it comes to football

What does that even mean?

Every Allardyce side has had flair players..

As I said above I’ve listened to a few people recently who played under him who have said it’s a total myth that Allardyce is a ‘long ball’ merchant.

Infact he encourages his flair players to play football...

I’ve never understood this thinking. Baseless foundations based on an agenda and not the facts

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

matt_wba912

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1084 on: January 12, 2021, 03:46:25 PM »

As I said above I’ve listened to a few people recently who played under him who have said it’s a total myth that Allardyce is a ‘long ball’ merchant.

I’ve never understood this thinking. Baseless foundations based on an agenda and not the facts

the one thing they probably have in common is a desire to win beyond that I truly doubt they have much of a shared philosophy.  Do I know that for certain, no.  But one is an attack first skill player who wants to get on the ball as much as possible the other is a defence first, rigid organisation led manager.

I don't think its a controversial statement to say Sam is a more defensively minded manager.  He's not as bad as Pullis by any stretch but he's shown time and again that he's a % guy.  I'm sure I read an article a few years back during his Bolton days where he was talking proudly about how much he relied on stats to inform his tactics and the rigid game plans he developed off the back of it. Some of it was quite intelligent (where to position a player to ensure you pick up the clearance from a corner) but others were meat and potatoes for long ball traditional style games (we must have X balls into the box per game / we must not have possession in these areas of the pitch etc)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:48:17 PM by matt_wba912 »

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1085 on: January 12, 2021, 04:24:33 PM »

Why do fans of his previous teams want him gone even when the results have been ok?

In the games so far, how much evidence have you seen of getting the best out of our flair players?

Going by facts, every game we've played so far we've set up ultra defensive and hit it long, we've not had much possession (except against Blackpool), and chances created have been at a minimum.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1086 on: January 12, 2021, 04:27:58 PM »
Its quite obvious the players are to blame for this, unable to execute Allardyce's plans or unwilling to because they 'liked' Bilic.

That's crazy, you could use that same excuse for every manager ever then. 

"It's the player's who were unable to execute Pardew's plans or unwilling to because they liked Pulis", ergo, it's always the player's to blame.

Sometimes a manager has to look at his squad and see if the tactics he's employing suit the players.  You can't just always blame the players.