West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Brierley Hil/Stourbridge based Albion fans?  (Read 989 times)

Offline Pureade1

• Junior Baggie
Brierley Hil/Stourbridge based Albion fans?
« on: July 18, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »
Hi all

Just wondering if we have many Brierley Hill/Stourbridge based Albion fans. The reason I ask is I have recently brought a small bar that we have turned into a sports bar in Brierley Hill and we have been thinking about the possibility of running coaches to away games, we already have sky sports in place of course for those games that are on Tele but just wondered If there would be any interest in this for away games in particular?

Cheers

Offline StourBaggie

• WBA Newbie
Re: Brierley Hil/Stourbridge based Albion fans?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 12:31:52 PM »
I live in Stourbridge but am a (nowadays very) occasional attendee to home games and unlikely to go to many (if any) away games. Irvine/Pulis put me off going for a few years and I started following Stourbridge more closely due to close family ties and them being down the road. The Megson/Big Dave revival rekindled my Albion spirit but I have still only been back to one home game so far (do try to watch them all though).

That said, there are a huge number of Albion fans in the area. I would say it is predominantly a Baggies town, with a few dingles here and there and the odd Villan. I think it's a great idea and think it could be successful with enough interest.

All the best for it  :D I'll have to pop down for a visit some time.

Offline Pureade1

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 02:08:45 PM »
Thanks bud appreciate that and we will be showing all Albion games that are on sky at the bar so you are more than welcome to come down anytime and see us for the game, we have a fair bit of Albion memorabilia around the place such as shirts flags etc so hopefully you and any other baggies in the area will be happy coming to see us.

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 02:44:22 PM »
Whereabouts is the bar ? Am in Q Bank and generally go out to watch the telly games. Like many Pulis /Pardew killed a lot of pleasure but appointment of Bilic has re kindled some enthusiasm and will probably quite like to do the odd away game if he is given the tools to do the job

Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Offline Pureade1

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 09:26:14 PM »
Not sure if I'm allowed by the moderators to post the name of the bar or not (don't know the rules regarding mentioning businesses) so if its not allowed admin please delete but its V-bar next to the old pulse building mate. 19 Dudley Road Brierley Hill DY5 1HA.

Be great to see you or any other Albion fans could make it down.

Offline ashdoy

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 09:16:14 AM »
Im in Kidderminster, but certainly would be up for that!
Hoof Hoof! Thats the sound of da Pulis!

Offline daz_mansell

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 02:13:56 PM »
This is nice to know.
There is an away singing section which does a coach from Stourbridge to all away games, they are at Scunny today.
Maybe you could link up with them on FB.

Offline Pureade1

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 09:52:56 AM »
I’ll try and get in touch with the Stourbridge coach as it sounds ideal for what we want to do anyway and if we can help a few more Albion make it to away games then that is a bonus! Plus we have just started a Sunday league team from the bar so hopefully can poach a few decent players from Albion fans lol!