Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 26072 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Kenneth Zohore joins WBA
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2019, 06:51:40 PM »
You have a strong point, you only have to look at the attacking dashboard for confirmation of that. Although there were other factors to be fair.

Definitely there is a tendency to sit back on a slender lead away from home with 15 minutes left. Not as cut and dried as Zohore effective; Burke ineffective.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »
Jurys going to be out for a few games yet,my intial impression is not great,passing and ball control poor a bit worried why Cardiff wanted to offload when in the same division,a couple of dingle fans have told me that apparently he was Cardiffs best player against them,so maybe Slaven can get the best out of him,heres hoping.

Westie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2019, 09:30:33 PM »
Didn’t Colin call him a lazy buggr? Let’s hope Mr Bilic can get the best out of him.

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2019, 01:57:31 PM »
It was a good goal line clearance to stop him getting off the mark yesterday. He hit it with conviction and cleanly. Lets let the lad have a bit of time before we judge him, yesterday was a fine margin between him being off the mark and not.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2019, 02:35:49 PM »
I think he was looking for space but not running into it,I disagree that he hit it cleanly from memory he seemed of balance but he should have scored,I was in the corner of Smethwick/ halforfs lane corner so I had a good view also who was behind him one of our players?
He's trying so let's see

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2019, 02:48:21 PM »
I think he was looking for space but not running into it,I disagree that he hit it cleanly from memory he seemed of balance but he should have scored,I was in the corner of Smethwick/ halforfs lane corner so I had a good view also who was behind him one of our players?
He's trying so let's see

I've seen it on TV a few times, looked a clean hit to me to be fair.

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2019, 02:51:13 PM »
I've seen it on TV a few times, looked a clean hit to me to be fair.

It was a sitter hit straight at the defender stood on the line. Had all the time in the World to do what he wanted with it and should have buried it.

KYA

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »
Seeing as he has been subbed twice around the hour mark I think he still as a way to go for fitness I will give him the benefit of the doubt until he is 100% match fit that probably goes for the four lads we signed on deadline day.

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2019, 05:03:56 PM »
It was a sitter hit straight at the defender stood on the line. Had all the time in the World to do what he wanted with it and should have buried it.

I thought he should have scored too but in fairness he didn't hit it straight at the defender.

He placed it to the left of the defender and into the centre of the goal.

The keeper just about recovered his position and saved it with his foot.

Hits it harder and he scores though.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2019, 05:54:46 PM »
He should lift it a bit there, with players on the line that's what you do.  You make it a lot tougher for them to stick out a leg.

I think we need to give him some time.  He'll be absolutely frustrated he didn't tuck that away. 

At least he hit the target HRK would have tripped over the ball and given a freekick away.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2019, 06:09:57 PM »
No debate no excuses he should have scored simple as really

Got to give him time though , we’re only 2 games in

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2019, 06:11:22 PM »
He should lift it a bit there, with players on the line that's what you do.  You make it a lot tougher for them to stick out a leg.

I think we need to give him some time.  He'll be absolutely frustrated he didn't tuck that away. 

At least he hit the target HRK would have tripped over the ball and given a freekick away.
Got a crystal ball have you? How could you possibly know what HRK would have done? He was way better than Zohore when he came on. Get off his back.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »
Think he will do well with Austin alongside. Looks a little short on fitness but give it a few games and I can see him making an impact.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2019, 07:16:11 PM »
Got a crystal ball have you? How could you possibly know what HRK would have done? He was way better than Zohore when he came on. Get off his back.

"Way better"?  Not at all.  It was HRK who gave the ball away INCREDIBLY cheaply that turned over possession for their goal.  He literally misplaced a 5 yard pass into space. 

You're right though, I don't know what he would do.   But a) he never got into that position while he was on the pitch and b) you don't know what he would have done either.

Either way, I'd rather Zohore played ahead of HRK

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2019, 07:43:54 PM »
Early days yet, not seen a replay of the miss, but did look like he should score it

Prefer him over HRK - but neither are going to replace the goals of J-Rod or Gayle separately or combined. In all honesty be surprised if either gets to double digits, but would love both to prove me wrong

As I say still think its early in his albion career and maybe playing in a front 2 could help him, though if thats the option not sure who makes way for someone like Austin if he comes in to play alongside
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2019, 08:09:08 PM »
Zohore has played a couple of games, Kanu has played dozens and is cack. Crystal ball may say Kenneth is poor, history says Kanu is.
And he wasn't way better be was equally poor.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2019, 08:32:28 PM »
"Way better"?  Not at all.  It was HRK who gave the ball away INCREDIBLY cheaply that turned over possession for their goal.  He literally misplaced a 5 yard pass into space. 

You're right though, I don't know what he would do.   But a) he never got into that position while he was on the pitch and b) you don't know what he would have done either.

Either way, I'd rather Zohore played ahead of HRK
He gave a five  yard pass away just outside Millwall's 18 yard box! So it was his fault no other Albion player stopped the ball going all the way down the other end if the pitch? What I have seen of Zohore so far i would sooner have  Brown no idea!

Baggie-Dave

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2019, 08:59:37 PM »
absolute disgrace from a so called fan
Not really. We’ve just spent 8 million quid on this bloke. Only two games but he really is going to have to improve to justify his fee.

KYA

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2019, 09:11:23 PM »
Agreed if this board had upticks I'm sure you would have a few I must admit I despair of the modern fan I see Dawson has come in for a lot of stick all these fans should be scouts being able to spot how could a player is from 90 minutes of football they could save their clubs a fortune.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2019, 09:41:02 PM »
Zohore has played a couple of games, Kanu has played dozens and is cack. Crystal ball may say Kenneth is poor, history says Kanu is.
And he wasn't way better be was equally poor.
Your opinion he was poor my opinion he wasn't and everyone else sitting around me in the ground where of the same opinion HRK was better.

Westie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2019, 10:34:28 PM »
I’m afraid that Zohore will fall into the donkey category. There’s no chance he’ll score enough goals to justify having him in the team. Apart from missing a sitter, his laziness cost us and Krovinovich a goal. We really would be better off with Brunty at centre forward.

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2019, 11:09:27 PM »
He gave a five  yard pass away just outside Millwall's 18 yard box! So it was his fault no other Albion player stopped the ball going all the way down the other end if the pitch? What I have seen of Zohore so far i would sooner have  Brown no idea!

I didn't say he was at fault for the goal.  I said he gave the ball away incredibly cheaply that led to the turnover for the goal.  I would expect a pub player to make that pass 99 times out of 100.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2019, 11:11:38 PM »
hardly, it’s a paying customer voicing an opinion with a bit of humour, there was a similar chant about bobby Zamora years ago. Being a fan doesn’t mean you have to sit a celebrate mediocrity, on initial showing the guy hasn’t justified anywhere near his fee and paying customers have every right to voice an opinion on it, if you paid for a meal and you’re waiter was rubbish you’d tell the manager, why is football different to any other industry that you must be positive about your team 100% of the time?
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2019, 05:32:00 AM »
I think the point is, give players a chance before slating them.
Baggie in Southampton

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2019, 06:50:33 AM »
I think the point is, give players a chance before slating them.
This is exactly the point. He has played 2 hours of competive football for us and deserves to be given some more time before being slated and even then if he is not up to it there is no need to make childish songs up about him. Not every new signing hits the ground running and in my opinion he is being asked to play a role as a lone striker (target man) which clearly does not suit his style of play.