Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 50965 times)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2020, 05:59:52 AM »
There talk about Austin going off to the MLS in January so we’d have the option of having Zohore back if we need him.

He's fairly tall so we may need someone to help put up the nets up on matchday I suppose

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2020, 07:20:27 AM »
Shocking signing if you ask me Paul Williams has got a contender for worst Albion player.

but was you saying that before we signed him?
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

mb1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2020, 08:22:05 AM »
Hopefully he scores some goals for Millwall and we can sell him in January for a decent(ish) fee.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2020, 08:43:59 AM »

To be fair I think most of the forum was a bit underwhelmed about the signing.

Having seen him I think it’s a shame. He did some things that suggest he has real talent. His performance I think in the cup at Charlton was decent, and I remember him nearly changing the game with a shot from outside the box that hit the bar when we were a goal down away from home. Can’t remember who against.

Shame but if he’s not going to get a game then he’s as well to go elsewhere.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2020, 09:57:06 AM »

A look through the early pages of this thread tells you that many were scratching their heads from this deal.

I'm still really confused why we paid £7m-£8m for a player who's best goalscoring season was 12 goals three seasons before and who was coming off the back of a 1 goal premier league season.

I'd love to know how the fee was structured, because it was monumentally bad decision maling to think a bloke with his goalscoring record could replace Rodriguez and Gayle.
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »
A look through the early pages of this thread tells you that many were scratching their heads from this deal.

I'm still really confused why we paid £7m-£8m for a player who's best goalscoring season was 12 goals three seasons before and who was coming off the back of a 1 goal premier league season.

I'd love to know how the fee was structured, because it was monumentally bad decision maling to think a bloke with his goalscoring record could replace Rodriguez and Gayle.

Just had a look back at the early pages out of interest and I’m amazed how many seemed positive. Me, you and a few others didn't, but many thought it was a decent signing.

One poster quoted a Cardiff fan who basically got it spot in with something along the lines of doesn’t run, can’t head, outmuscled by even the smallest defenders and like playing with 10 men.

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2020, 10:20:30 AM »

Having seen him I think it’s a shame. He did some things that suggest he has real talent. His performance I think in the cup at Charlton was decent, and I remember him nearly changing the game with a shot from outside the box that hit the bar when we were a goal down away from home. Can’t remember who against.

It was against Brentford away, Lost 1-0.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2020, 10:23:29 AM »
Just had a look back at the early pages out of interest and I’m amazed how many seemed positive. Me, you and a few others didn't, but many thought it was a decent signing.

One poster quoted a Cardiff fan who basically got it spot in with something along the lines of doesn’t run, can’t head, outmuscled by even the smallest defenders and like playing with 10 men.

I could be having a selective memory episode, but it felt at the time that the forum was pretty split on the signing, a lot more split than we normally would be for a new signing who we hadn't seen much of.
Boing Boing

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2020, 11:04:46 AM »

I think that we were all a bit surprised by the price tag given his goalscoring record, but to be fair to the player he has hardly started, so comments regarding his commitment and the fact that he was the worse signing since Williams are rather harsh. In hindsight it was not the best signing we have made but every club makes mistakes.......

A loan move to Millwall may be just what he needs, I hope it works out for him.
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2020, 11:31:58 AM »
I could be having a selective memory episode, but it felt at the time that the forum was pretty split on the signing, a lot more split than we normally would be for a new signing who we hadn't seen much of.

No you are right, it probably wasn’t far off 50/50. In my mind it had been universally condemned so when I saw it was surprising how many people were positive it was against what I expected to find.

I think some have rewritten their opinions since most seem to suggest they always knew Zohore was a poor signing  :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Kenneth Zohore joins WBA
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2020, 01:41:54 PM »
My bold prediction on this one. Zohore will get twenty goals for us next season, injuries permitting.

Mark my words - we needed a 20 goal striker -we've signed one.

You love to see it   ;D

Seeing as my occasional erroneous predictions get trawled...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Kenneth Zohore joins WBA
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »
You love to see it   ;D

Seeing as my occasional erroneous predictions get trawled...
An interesting and somewhat inaccurate use of the word occasional there  :)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2020, 03:29:53 PM »
all I new about him was that he wasn't very prolific in front of goal for Cardiff in prem, gave him a chance but was usually ineffective for us.