West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 2044 times)

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
Pre Match Chat
« on: July 01, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Millwall

Carabao Cup 1

Tuesday 13th August 2019 20.00pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 08:56:10 PM »
May well see a few more of the new signings blooded in this game. perhaps a debut for o'shea also
O Albion we love you

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »
A good chance for a "run out" of the new bods.
Also Bond can shine in goal.

Offline wbadazza

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
Finally going to get to a game, work and family limit my visits....really hoping Pereira gets a run out.
cut me in half you'll find blue and white stripes

Offline baggie96

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 08:20:17 PM »
This will be a tough game, they’ll be hard to break down and will offer a massive threat off crosses. Hopefully Bartley and ajayi play like last weekend. I’m going for 2-1 to us.

Offline B_H_Baggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »
Good opportunity to see some if not all of the new lads. Would personally be tempted to change the entire starting XI to be honest.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 09:51:41 AM »
Good opportunity to see some if not all of the new lads. Would personally be tempted to change the entire starting XI to be honest.

I think we probably will change almost all. Ajayi or Bartley may play at the back (maybe a half each) as with Hegazi out we only have three available centre halves, unless you include Fitzwater who I don't think figures in Slav's plans.

I expect all the deadline signings to play with Austin probably lasting an hour and one of the others maybe subbed at the same time if he's likely to play at Luton.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
Looking forward to seeing all the new lads.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 02:30:21 PM »
Dead certs:
Bond, Furlong, Townsend, Harper, Brunt and Pereira start.

Hopes:
Hope to see Diangana, O'Shea also in and Zohore given another chance to get off the mark. Also hope Austin gets 30 minutes.

Offline baggie38

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 02:01:16 AM »
Don't understand why some people expect Austin to start. He didn't really have a pre season at Southampton and was banished to the U23s. I'd love to see him start but I can't see it. Like the post above I think he will get a run round for roughly thirty minutes just to help his fitness.

Online johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 08:26:01 AM »
Don't understand why some people expect Austin to start. He didn't really have a pre season at Southampton and was banished to the U23s. I'd love to see him start but I can't see it. Like the post above I think he will get a run round for roughly thirty minutes just to help his fitness.

I’d hope Southampton's under 23s still train well and that Austin is a seasoned enough pro to keep himself in decent shape. No reason he shouldn’t manage 60 minutes.

For me, Despite the new signings, Burke has to start out wide too. Otherwise you have to wonder when else he will get a chance. Might be harsh but potential 90 minutes to see if he stays or goes on loan.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 08:43:06 AM »
I have a feeling HRK might get the nod over Austin, with Austin getting 30 mins here and then starting at the weekend.

I think we will line up something like:

Bond

Furlong
O'Shea
Bartley
Townsend

Brunt
Livermore

Diang/Periera
Willock
Periera/Burke

HRK

Offline chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 11:52:25 PM »
 ;D Read that Luke Steele may play in goal for Millwall....another lad we let go who was a decent keeper.Lets hope he doesn't put in a big performance.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 04:50:09 AM »
We could change whole team but we shouldn't.

Bond should get his go
Furlong also
Can we afford to play our only 2 senior cbs? Chance for O'Shea. Gibbs Injury record rest?

Need to get minutes into pereria and diang. Also Austin. Arguably we need to keep playing Zohore and hope he bags a goal and finds some confidence.

O Albion we love you

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 06:43:41 AM »
Whatever team we put out should be too strong to not get a result against these.
I hope he plays all the new lads
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 10:00:27 AM »
If Milwall do rest players, we really beat them tonight as we have so much strength in depth compared.

Matt Smith, who scored against us at the weekend should start. He is a brummie so it will likely mean more to him to get a goal against us which might raise his performance levels.

Other than that, i'd be disappointed if after 2 games vs Milwall at home, we couldn't find enough to get a win.

Really excited to see Pereira.
Boing Boing

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
I just wanted to say that I'll be there tonight and really looking forward to hopefully seeing some, if not all, the new guys turn out in the stripes
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline NJS

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 01:00:08 PM »
This match is a serious test for Slaven Bilic.  Who has learnt most from last Saturday's encounter, Slaven or Neil Harris?
Hales Owen born.  "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."  Karl Popper
"You can be so irrational at times." Mrs NJS

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 01:02:59 PM »
This match is a serious test for Slaven Bilic.  Who has learnt most from last Saturday's encounter, Slaven or Neil Harris?

How relevant is this though? Given that I expect there to be less than 6 people on the pitch tonight who played on Saturday.

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 01:18:42 PM »
For me Zohore needs to play. Desperately needs a goal, and or ,a kick up the backside. I have seem him live three times now, and acknowledging that it's early days yet, I have seen nothing to suggest he is going to be prolific, or even energetic. Come on Kenneth pull your finger out.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline NJS

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »
How relevant is this though? Given that I expect there to be less than 6 people on the pitch tonight who played on Saturday.

Well there's still a tactical as well as the personnel side to a game of football and in what position you trial players and how you tell them to play vis a vis the opposition's tactics might be influenced by how the other side set up last time you met.  Of course you can't do anything about the refereeing. 
Hales Owen born.  "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."  Karl Popper
"You can be so irrational at times." Mrs NJS

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 03:30:42 PM »
Last year, our youth cup games were dominated by the use of academy players, with Field, Leko, Edwards, Harper and Howkins all getting game time.

It will be interesting to see how many kids get a chance today. Apart from O'Shea and Harper, i'm not sure who else would get a chance. Feels like we have too many wingers waiting for a gamr to see Tulloch play. Fitzwater the only other possibility.
Boing Boing

Online johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 07:05:41 PM »
Bond
Furlong
O'Shea
Ajayi
Townsend
Brunt
Harper
Burke
Edwards
Diangana
Austin

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 07:09:11 PM »
Biggest take away from that is the fact Hal Robson-Kanu hasn't made the 18. Could be injured, but if not, bad news for him you feel. Thought he had a good chance of playing this one.

Pleased for Edwards, albeit surprised as I thought Pereira or Willock would start. Hope both come off the bench.

Good management as well to give Burke a chance ahead of the others as it shows everyone they need to fight for a place (albeit it does show just how many wingers we have at the club).
Boing Boing

Offline Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 07:15:47 PM »
Biggest take away from that is the fact Hal Robson-Kanu hasn't made the 18. Could be injured, but if not, bad news for him you feel. Thought he had a good chance of playing this one.

Pleased for Edwards, albeit surprised as I thought Pereira or Willock would start. Hope both come off the bench.

Good management as well to give Burke a chance ahead of the others as it shows everyone they need to fight for a place (albeit it does show just how many wingers we have at the club).

It's a very good opportunity for Burke. He needs to impose himself on the game as I feel he gets lost in games but hopefully he can take this opportunity.

HRK, hopefully he's not injured and it's just to the fact that he's a cack footballer.  ;D
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Online gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 07:16:44 PM »
According to my Millwall mate they have made 8 changes and 3 debutantes.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
It's a very good opportunity for Burke. He needs to impose himself on the game as I feel he gets lost in games but hopefully he can take this opportunity.

HRK, hopefully he's not injured and it's just to the fact that he's a cack footballer.  ;D
Think its about the Last chance saloon for Burke. Given the competition he's got.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 07:26:59 PM »
Austin will last 60 minutes or thereabouts before he's blowing so surprised Zohore isn't even on the bench.

Online johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 07:28:12 PM »
We will win comfortably tonight.

My prediction is that our second string isn't a million miles from the quality of our first team, but their secondly string is significantly weaker than their first team, thus leading to a big difference in the ability of the two sides.

3-0 Albion. Austin FGS

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 07:29:52 PM »
Austin will last 60 minutes or thereabouts before he's blowing so surprised Zohore isn't even on the bench.
Willock will be his replacement if needed I think.
Is it extra time?

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 07:32:38 PM »
Willock will be his replacement if needed I think.
Is it extra time?
Pens on 90 if level.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 07:39:51 PM »
What do we think the formation is there guys?

442? If it's 4231 i'm wondering who the number 10 is...

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 07:40:07 PM »
Surprised to have no strikers in the bench. Soule really needs o be loaned out this month if he can't make a bench in the league cuo. Shame to waste him as he seems to score enough to justify a look in.
Boing Boing

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
What do we think the formation is there guys?

442? If it's 4231 i'm wondering who the number 10 is...

It will either be 442 or 4411 I reckon.

Burke will be playing fairly central like he did pre season.
Boing Boing

Online johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 07:45:37 PM »
4231 I think. Can’t see why Bilic wouldn’t want the new lads in our likely first choice system.

Burke Diangana and Edwards could be in any order, possibly interchanging. Pereira and Willock could also replace any one of them or Austin, depending who is blowing, struggling or playing well.

Offline Marcus

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
Surprised Edward's is starting. Thought he tired towards the end of Saturdays game (unsurprisingly) so thought he might be rested.
Big game for Burke though
Unspoilt By Progress