West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Filip Krovinovic (on loan from Benfica)  (Read 10422 times)

Offline don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie
Re: Filip Krovinovic Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2019, 07:50:39 PM »
Welcome Filip, hoping you turn it on for us, COYB!

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »
Come on Phil show us what you can do
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Online geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2019, 08:14:28 PM »
Welcome Filip my Mukka, you are filling in a spot that has needed filling for a long time so heres to you having a great season.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »
Welcome Filip my Mukka, you are filling in a spot that has needed filling for a long time so heres to you having a great season.

Great news. Welcome on board Filip

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2019, 08:50:22 PM »
Let's hope this is the real deal

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2019, 10:10:53 PM »
no option to buy, but no January recall either.

Yeah I presume they want him back at the end of the deal, hence the extra payment if we don’t play him enough

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »
Looks like a decent signing, let's hope we can sort the mf out once and for all.

Welcome to the club!

Offline Andio

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2019, 01:38:52 AM »
Welcome Filip!

Just been watching a few videos and he seems to be both footed which is great. He's not bothered which foot he uses, they are both as good as each other!  8)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 01:40:56 AM by Andio »

Offline B_H_Baggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2019, 08:11:30 AM »
Seen barely anything of him. Watched one video for a couple of minutes which appeared to show him having a load of shots but the majority of them being saved  ;D

Lets just hope he has a similar impact to that of Harvey Barnes rather than the impact of Jefferson Montero.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2019, 09:22:18 AM »
Seen barely anything of him. Watched one video for a couple of minutes which appeared to show him having a load of shots but the majority of them being saved  ;D

Lets just hope he has a similar impact to that of Harvey Barnes rather than the impact of Jefferson Montero.

how can you have impact if you don't play?

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »
How good is this man! He's going to be the best midfielder in the championship this season. Got my first look at him last night, looked real quality.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2019, 10:25:11 AM »
How good is this man! He's going to be the best midfielder in the championship this season. Got my first look at him last night, looked real quality.

Agree, first half I thought the ball was glued to his foot.
Looks a class above
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2019, 10:41:59 AM »
He'll be in for a kicking then.

Offline Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2019, 10:49:38 AM »
I try to stay balanced on incoming transfers neither praising or damning them too quickly. But I have to say I am struggling to curb my enthusiasm regarding Krovinovic. One look at his background will tell you he is technically at least above the Championship norm but then again so is Leko and that is still very much a work in progress.

He has rightly drawn plaudits for his performance last night but I have to temper that in if you were going to showcase a player with technical ability then a pre season friendly on a warm July evening  would be the game to choose  Players aren't snapping into challenges the pace is probably around 80% and given time and space he is going to flourish.

Looking forward to seeing his competitive debut next week.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2019, 05:22:11 PM »

Montero is a very good footballer, pace and skill, he just never had the opportunity with us
People talk about being on 30k a week and should be able to switch it on immediately, but it really doesn't work like that
Last year our management made some very strange decisions and the players suffered
Gayle out wide
Harper starting, then bombed, then starts
Edwards starts , scores bombed
Last year we should and could have walked that league, Montero and others are being judged on an ineffective management team
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2019, 05:39:50 PM »
Montero is a very good footballer, pace and skill, he just never had the opportunity with us
People talk about being on 30k a week and should be able to switch it on immediately, but it really doesn't work like that
Last year our management made some very strange decisions and the players suffered
Gayle out wide
Harper starting, then bombed, then starts
Edwards starts , scores bombed
Last year we should and could have walked that league, Montero and others are being judged on an ineffective management team

Agree with some of what you say but Montero was never good enough. Couldn’t get a game for his club. He is an older version of where Burke has been - all pace but no awareness.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2019, 05:55:17 PM »
Montero's pace is a thing of the past. Not been seen for 4 seasons. Clever enough player but relied entirely on his former speed when in his pomp.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2019, 06:57:56 PM »
Montero's pace is a thing of the past. Not been seen for 4 seasons. Clever enough player but relied entirely on his former speed when in his pomp.
Towards the end of season (I think vs sheff utd) he came on and was mustard down the channel..
He can't do anything from the bench...and our management did even less from there
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2019, 11:04:34 PM »
This guy, pure and simple, is a footballer
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline baggiebof

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2019, 09:23:48 AM »
Reminds me a lot of Robert Koren; busy, diligent, tenacious, eye for a pass and can take it past a player. He will be good for us this year, especially with Sawyers having the ability to feed him in dangerous positions.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2019, 06:02:26 PM »
He looks able to turn on the ball and deliver slide rule forward passes (although arguably he failed to spot Edwards making a run on Saturday). I think with Sawyers, they  can help transform our midfield, giving us alot more control, possession and ultimately setting up more chances.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2019, 05:31:31 PM »
Last night was the third time i've seen him play, so it is still very, very early days, but while I think he is a class above on the ball, very good operating in tight spaces and works hard to cover lots of ground, I am still waiting to see him actually do anything of note (I should add I wasn't at the Milwall league game, have seen him vs B'mouth and Forest priorto last night).

He picks the ball up from deep, runs with it, then lays it off to the player next to him, or plays one twos on the edge of the box. As of yet though, for our most advanced midfielder I can't think of a time he has found an opening for the striker or broken the line when a team is defending. The only time he came close was opening day vs Forest where he ultimately fluffed his pass to Edwards on the break while 2 v2.

He also operates in the same spaces as Pereira, as seen last night, so that could become an issue unless they can adapt their games when playing together (as I can't see Bilic going with Pereira over Krov - he was his flag ship signing).

It might be with a more balanced side he is exactly what we need, but it would be good if vs Luton he could show us his ability to create some solid chances, as so far he has summed up Bilic's early games at Albion. Lots of nice football, but lacking any killer edge.
Boing Boing

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2019, 06:12:05 PM »
Last night was the third time i've seen him play, so it is still very, very early days, but while I think he is a class above on the ball, very good operating in tight spaces and works hard to cover lots of ground, I am still waiting to see him actually do anything of note (I should add I wasn't at the Milwall league game, have seen him vs B'mouth and Forest priorto last night).

He picks the ball up from deep, runs with it, then lays it off to the player next to him, or plays one twos on the edge of the box. As of yet though, for our most advanced midfielder I can't think of a time he has found an opening for the striker or broken the line when a team is defending. The only time he came close was opening day vs Forest where he ultimately fluffed his pass to Edwards on the break while 2 v2.

He also operates in the same spaces as Pereira, as seen last night, so that could become an issue unless they can adapt their games when playing together (as I can't see Bilic going with Pereira over Krov - he was his flag ship signing).

It might be with a more balanced side he is exactly what we need, but it would be good if vs Luton he could show us his ability to create some solid chances, as so far he has summed up Bilic's early games at Albion. Lots of nice football, but lacking any killer edge.
I noticed he was trying to one-two his way through the Millwall defence (league game) which is very difficult if you are trying to work the ball through a compact 8 man defence.  But alot depends on his teammates though. if players are not on the same wavelength in making runs into space then his options are limited.

Maybe in games where defenders are compactly packed in like v Millwall,  the best option is combining effectively with players out wide. Krovinovic is good enough to set them up.  But again that needs wide players making the runs and getting accurate crosses in.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2019, 07:42:20 PM »

Agree with much of this. He did however find the back of the net in the league game v Millwall. Sadly chalked off because Zohore from memory strayed offside

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2019, 08:15:59 PM »
It just begs the question of whether he might be more suited to the role Sawyers plays, with somebody with a bit more cutting edge playing further up the pitch.
Boing Boing