Author Topic: Fixtures  (Read 2029 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

Fixtures
« on: May 16, 2019, 10:34:09 AM »
Too early?  ;D

Due to be released Thursday 20 June 2019 at 9am, so only a month away.

Season to start on Saturday 3rd August (with the first game likely to be put on Sky the night before).

I can't remember if what round we go into for the League Cup but the first round is w/c 12th August.

Play off final is Monday 25th May 2020.

So...... who do you want and who do you think we will get first/last game of the season.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:40:48 AM by dangerman »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:54:49 AM »
I would love to be playing the vile first game, because that can only mean one thing :)
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »
Hull away first game of the season as that would mean it would definitely be a Saturday 3pm kick off and I could have a good drink as I wouldn't have to drive!

Failing that Leeds, Sheffield Wed, Barnsley or Huddersfield will do!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
Villa home.

StourBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »
I can't remember if what round we go into for the League Cup but the first round is w/c 12th August.

We'll be in the first round. Pretty sure Prem teams start in the second unless they're in Europe, in which case they start in the third. Could be wrong though.

I'm sure it's normally straight after the first league game (i.e. league starts Sat/Fri and league cup starts Tues) but obviously not this year.

Hull away first game of the season as that would mean it would definitely be a Saturday 3pm kick off and I could have a good drink as I wouldn't have to drive!

Weirdly my immediate hunch was Hull and I have no idea why. Seem to remember playing them at the Hawthorns first day one season and a certain John Hartson scored 2 on his debut.

I reckon Hull (h) first game and Preston (a) last game.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:45:31 PM »
We'll be in the first round. Pretty sure Prem teams start in the second unless they're in Europe, in which case they start in the third. Could be wrong though.

I'm sure it's normally straight after the first league game (i.e. league starts Sat/Fri and league cup starts Tues) but obviously not this year.

Weirdly my immediate hunch was Hull and I have no idea why. Seem to remember playing them at the Hawthorns first day one season and a certain John Hartson scored 2 on his debut.

I reckon Hull (h) first game and Preston (a) last game.

Leeds at home.

Hopefully, staying down will have meant vile are liquidated after greasy jack dives into a post at Wembley and his team mates trample over him trying to get the post a second yellow from the ref.

Dean Smith is back to sweeping the holte end again in a temporary caretaker role, whilst planning permission is sought by the new owners to knock it down and make it into an even bigger primark than the new one in brum, which can be seen from the moon.

The newly formed villa 1982 will start the new season cleaning dog S h.. Off  a Sunday league pitch before realising they cannot afford to pay the council for playing on it.

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 10:51:46 PM »
Leeds at home.

Hopefully, staying down will have meant vile are liquidated after greasy jack dives into a post at Wembley and his team mates trample over him trying to get the post a second yellow from the ref.

Dean Smith is back to sweeping the holte end again in a temporary caretaker role, whilst planning permission is sought by the new owners to knock it down and make it into an even bigger primark than the new one in brum, which can be seen from the moon.

The newly formed villa 1982 will start the new season cleaning dog S h.. Off  a Sunday league pitch before realising they cannot afford to pay the council for playing on it.

This made me laugh out loud! If only.