West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion in London  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
Re: Extinction Rebellion in London
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2019, 09:45:05 AM »
the great unwashed are out in force for two weeks from today, annoying for many folk to say the least

is it half term?
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2019, 10:37:20 AM »
the great unwashed are out in force for two weeks from today, annoying for many folk to say the least

Why, are they letting you out again? :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:15:22 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
Any of these lot actually have a job? bunch of dossers stop their benefits.

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »
Glad to see that they are keeping the police occupied from their real jobs of stabbings, muggings, buglary, drugs, tax evasion, etc.

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2019, 05:38:36 PM »
Glad to see that they are keeping the police occupied from their real jobs of stabbings, muggings, buglary, drugs, tax evasion, etc.
Met Police would much rather be dealing with this or chasing people who say bad things on Twitter. Catching actual criminals requires effort, Met Police don’t do effort.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2019, 06:20:36 PM »
I detest XR and all the distorted philosophies they stand for and what they are spouting about, which is strangely adding to their concerns, bizarre.

They do real climate change theorists little service in my view!

“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2019, 06:27:47 AM »
are face piercings and purple hair part of the XR uniform?  :-\
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2019, 08:29:04 AM »
Another X-R supporting actress on TV admitting she is “trying “ to reduce her number of flights, I have a meeting in London tomorrow and one of the issues we are discussing is how we reduce energy consumption, seriously considering re-scheduling now, which could delay a significant contribution being delayed. 

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »
Another X-R supporting actress on TV admitting she is “trying “ to reduce her number of flights, I have a meeting in London tomorrow and one of the issues we are discussing is how we reduce energy consumption, seriously considering re-scheduling now, which could delay a significant contribution being delayed.

why not Skype your meeting then nobody has to travel, thus reducing energy consumption for that?
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2019, 09:38:06 AM »
why not Skype your meeting then nobody has to travel, thus reducing energy consumption for that?

Not feasible sadly, we have practical demo's of battery storage equipment being made with regulatory bodies attending. We do use conferencing extensively but some times F2F is the only way

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2019, 10:14:18 AM »
I understand what they are demonstrating for, but having watched the news last night and seeing some chap hand cuffed to a vehicle with his head under the wheel, holding a picture of his children and crying his eyes out is totally pathetic...…..
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2019, 11:18:36 AM »
The cause is just , the way they are going about it is wrong in so many ways but powers that be do need to start listening a and acting. Find the lack of any kind of dialogue is coming from the environment secretary ( Villiers)
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »
any right thinking person understands the "cause" BUT the actions being taken are now becoming counter productive as the "silent majority" become weary of the disruption to their lives, TBH if I lived / worked in London and these folks kept causing me pain I would push back, which is not what their cause needs (ie they do need popular support).

Credit where its due though, they are getting LOTS of media exposure

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2019, 12:26:46 PM »
Shame most of them to see have protested against their own personal hygiene !   :D

I have no time for them whatsoever.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »
Not feasible sadly, we have practical demo's of battery storage equipment being made with regulatory bodies attending. We do use conferencing extensively but some times F2F is the only way

Fair enough, as you say it isn't always practical to use conferencing.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »
Any of these lot actually have a job? bunch of dossers stop their benefits.
More likely not to need a job and be going home to a nice warm house up in Hampstead or somewhere afterwards to check their bank balances stuffed with inheritances from Granny

They are starting to behave like some sort of cult, all bug eyed, shrill and evangelical, which will probably just put off anyone "normal" who actually kind of agrees with their general message

Offline gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
Seemingly a lot of rich 'Luvvies' backing them.Afterwards they will be getting in their flash motors or jetting off to some exotic climes. 'hope i got my picture in the papers darlings'.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2019, 07:16:30 PM »
There seems to be a fair cross section of society - farmers, scientists, professors, students, workers from other industries, young, old. A fair number have taken annual leave to support this protest. I'm sure they'd prefer not to have to. They are not planting explosive devices to get their point across. It's a just cause, governments are not doing anywhere near enough.

As for finance, I read about a wealthy US investor who described himself as environmentally aware but said it really hit home when he had to throw his wife and 2 year old into a car to escape the California fires last year.   

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2019, 10:09:51 PM »
There seems to be a fair cross section of society - farmers, scientists, professors, students, workers from other industries, young, old. A fair number have taken annual leave to support this protest. I'm sure they'd prefer not to have to. They are not planting explosive devices to get their point across. It's a just cause, governments are not doing anywhere near enough.

As for finance, I read about a wealthy US investor who described himself as environmentally aware but said it really hit home when he had to throw his wife and 2 year old into a car to escape the California fires last year.

They don't have to.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2019, 10:40:12 PM »

They don't have to.
wording - they obviously feel it needs to be done.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2019, 09:00:16 AM »
If anyone watched the brilliant Andrew Neil show last night, you will have seen him effectively and efficiently dismantle XR and their spokes person Climate Change claims for what they really are, scaremongering

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2019, 09:25:40 AM »
went to my London meeting yesterday (off oxford st) and minimal impact from them, however,
On the train down there was a group of 3 and the one kept expounding his theories about why "its not black people in africa, who are the problem" in his loudest annoying Alan Carresque voice, seriously annoying, ignorant and arrogant all at once.

He kept droning on about "when I get arrested, I am going to do this and I am going to sue the Met ......"
I know this will get me slaughtered but in my opinion some of these people need a good slap with a dose of reality. (or just a slap)

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2019, 09:34:46 AM »
went to my London meeting yesterday (off oxford st) and minimal impact from them, however,
On the train down there was a group of 3 and the one kept expounding his theories about why "its not black people in africa, who are the problem" in his loudest annoying Alan Carresque voice, seriously annoying, ignorant and arrogant all at once.

He kept droning on about "when I get arrested, I am going to do this and I am going to sue the Met ......"
I know this will get me slaughtered but in my opinion some of these people need a good slap with a dose of reality. (or just a slap)

I’d be more than happy to join with you!

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2019, 11:06:17 AM »

in my experience it's usually that kind of person who is at the back of any protest and runs away very quickly at the first sign of the police.

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »
If anyone watched the brilliant Andrew Neil show last night, you will have seen him effectively and efficiently dismantle XR and their spokes person Climate Change claims for what they really are, scaremongering

Stumbled across an interesting article by Stuart Basden, one of the early members of Extinction Rebellion. It's dated January and goes into detail regarding XR's wider motivations. It's titled 'Extinction Rebellion isn't about the Climate'. Worth a read if you have a few minutes to spare.

https://medium.com/@plaosmos/extinction-rebellion-isnt-about-the-climate-42a0a73d9d49
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.