West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion in London  (Read 2677 times)

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
Re: Extinction Rebellion in London
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 03:38:06 PM »
The Green Party, “Stop Capitalism! Economic growth is bad! Stop people getting richer it's hurting the planet!”

Well, it’s a point of view I suppose
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2019, 09:36:46 AM »
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn will this week try to force a vote in Parliament to declare a "national climate emergency". The story comes after more than a week of demonstrations by Extinction Rebellion - the activist group calling for a drastic reduction in carbon emissions.

Never one to miss an opportunity, any opportunity our Jezz!
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Offline costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2019, 10:40:54 AM »
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn will this week try to force a vote in Parliament to declare a "national climate emergency". The story comes after more than a week of demonstrations by Extinction Rebellion - the activist group calling for a drastic reduction in carbon emissions.

Never one to miss an opportunity, any opportunity our Jezz!
That’s what politicians do. It’s in their blood. Oops! Politics.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
The suffragettes were alarmingly radical. It worked for them in the end though.

Don't like what they are doing at all - but I like what our governments are doing far less.

They are protesting against a culture that, if left in motion, will be the ruin of our race.

Well not really it was the First World War, and 1918 was when universal sufferage for men ended
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2019, 09:56:35 PM »
“Deluded eco-warriors want us to scrap our cars, make our homes colder, halve our meat intake and stop flying on holiday. But THE biggest problem facing this planet is over-population by humans. On our own tiny island we are heading towards 70 million. It's unsustainable.”

Thoughts?

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2019, 07:38:46 AM »
“Deluded eco-warriors want us to scrap our cars, make our homes colder, halve our meat intake and stop flying on holiday. But THE biggest problem facing this planet is over-population by humans. On our own tiny island we are heading towards 70 million. It's unsustainable.”

Thoughts?

One child policy in China failed as their are not enough people to contribute to the economy and pay for pensions, they now have a 2 child policy. Poor people in India or China (2 billion people?) don't fly, don't own cars don't have heating in homes and don't eat much meat.

There is 1 billion cars in the world and 7.5 billion people.

Baby boomer cull?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:50:26 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2019, 08:09:19 AM »

Thoughts?
One Thought - are they really deluded ? (and there are many different degrees of eco-warriors). If we hadn't already made some changes we'd still be sending everything to landfill with no recycling. We'd probably still be driving around with leaded petrol. We'd still have the heaviest polluting cars, lorries, buses on the roads and no check on emissions in the MOT. Many other small steps have been taken.

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »
Baby boomer cull?
I have long thought that the basic premise behind Logans Run (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run) could very well one day become a real neccessity to consider enforcing
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 03:32:07 PM »
I have long thought that the basic premise behind Logans Run (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run) could very well one day become a real neccessity to consider enforcing
Great film, especially the first half hour... "Carousel" anyone??

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »
I hope they used a bike or walked to London.

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2019, 06:10:35 PM »
Logan's Run, send old people to carousel.
Notes from a small island!

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »

This would decimate our support base.

Might as well forget those plans for the 'second tier'.

Today's/yesteryear's plans = tomorrow's chip paper  :-X  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2019, 08:04:51 AM »

Thoughts?
its not necessarily one OR the other, reducing the population and trying not to destroy the plant in the meantime might BOTH be good ideas

the best way to curb population growth is the education of women

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2019, 08:47:05 AM »
its not necessarily one OR the other, reducing the population and trying not to destroy the plant in the meantime might BOTH be good ideas

the best way to curb population growth is the education of women

On the face of it and without qualification, that’s a very brave and bold statement

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2019, 09:44:02 AM »
On the face of it and without qualification, that’s a very brave and bold statement
It's based on statistical evidence across the world as countries develop, women generally get more and more and more access to full education as development happens, then they on average have fewer children, probably partly due to knowing how birth control works but mainly because they want to have a working life/career of their own

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2019, 09:11:27 PM »
Climate crisis: Germany, Italy and Poland reject call for net zero emissions by 2050, leaked paper indicates

Who would believe it?

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-environment-eu-brexit-germany-italy-poland-net-zero-emissions-leak-a8904541.html

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2019, 06:22:42 PM »
Fact:

In the past two years China has produced more steel than Britain has in its ENTIRE HISTORY, since modern steelmaking was invented in the industrial revolution

That’s an awful lot of emissions

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2019, 09:08:59 PM »
GB National Grid: Coal is currently generating 0.00GW (0.00%) out of a total of 34.33GW. Continuous hours without coal: 124

Good job boys and girls!

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:57 PM »
It's based on statistical evidence across the world as countries develop, women generally get more and more and more access to full education as development happens, then they on average have fewer children, probably partly due to knowing how birth control works but mainly because they want to have a working life/career of their own
I’m not so sure that education about birth control makes much difference in lesser developed countries. It’s well recorded that countries with a strong economy tend to have fewer children than struggling countries. I would guess that developed economies allow parents pension schemes to invest in for cover retirement. If no similar system is available, the only way to survive in older age, is a reliance on financial help from the kids. The more kids, the less financial burden per child. That’s certainly what I witnessed in my time in Africa.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2019, 06:58:01 AM »
Atmospheric observations pinpoint eastern China as the source of a rise in ozone-destroying chemicals.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48353341?ocid=global_bbccom_email_22052019_top+news+stories

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »
"The UK is a world leader in the renewables sector and clean energy production and has reduced emissions faster than any other G7 country."

Online MarkW

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
Who are you talking to?

Or do you just like talking to yourself??
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »
Who are you talking to?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. This is an open thread in a forum where members can post isn't it, am I transgressing any forum rules? Or are you pulling my leg  :D

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
Who are you talking to?

I was listening to him. I had no answer, but I listened. Or read, actually. I do hope that’s makes things a bit clearer.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2019, 06:09:43 PM »
I was listening to him. I had no answer, but I listened. Or read, actually. I do hope that’s makes things a bit clearer.

Thank you for your support.

I take an interest in climate change and what we, as a nation, are are doing to contribute and combat it, but it's not just down to us, there are bigger players that need to take responsibility.

It's pointless Extinction Rebellion disrupting our daily lives, we are trying, and trying with commitment to contribute to saving our planet, they need to focus on the likes of China, India et al.