West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: The regression of the Human race.  (Read 744 times)

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
The regression of the Human race.
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
I have thought for some time now that the human race had reached it's peak and was now returning back to savagery.
Mental health is fast overtaking heart disease and cancer as the number 1 illness. Whether this is due to drink and drugs or the demands and pressures of day to day living i don't know.
But you can't pick up a paper today without reading something you would never have heard of four decades ago.
Senseless slaughter of innocent people over imaginary Gods, escalating knife crime in city centres and clubs, one of our own fans stabbed to death going to school on a bus in a motiveless attack.
I read the other day about a delivery man who had cut a hole in the front of his trousers to expose himself to housewives.
The other week i read about a Doctor, no less, who threatened to rape another mans wife because he had beaten him to a parking space.
On Thursday night to kids were wiped out and their mother put in hospital by two idiots racing each other in cars on a 40 mph road.
These aren't the actions of sane people.

The human race is becoming apathetic, lazy and ignorant.
Young girls covered in tattoos with beer bellies who swear like Sailors. Mothers taking kids to school or shopping in Pyjamas and dressing gowns.
People too lazy to indicate in a car when turning.

There have always been gangs and crime, and religious nutters, but nothing on the scale we are seeing now, and it's getting worse.

I think we are all going to hell in a hand cart.

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
Re: The regression of the Human race.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 11:58:07 AM »
Always seems that way, in reality the more things change the more they stay the same.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qfZVu0alU0I

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 07:11:33 PM »
I'm not knocking what you say, because I do agree and I'm a religious person. But I also think that examples you mentioned have happenes before. They're not isolated to the 21st century. The killing of innocent people has happened time and time again. Look at the various accounts of Drs who have killed/raped patients, serial killers, terror attacks, but when something is mentioned in a history book it doesn't seem as real as when you see it first hand.

Online costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 03:05:55 AM »
I have thought for some time now that the human race had reached it's peak and was now returning back to savagery.
Mental health is fast overtaking heart disease and cancer as the number 1 illness. Whether this is due to drink and drugs or the demands and pressures of day to day living i don't know.
But you can't pick up a paper today without reading something you would never have heard of four decades ago.
Senseless slaughter of innocent people over imaginary Gods, escalating knife crime in city centres and clubs, one of our own fans stabbed to death going to school on a bus in a motiveless attack.
I read the other day about a delivery man who had cut a hole in the front of his trousers to expose himself to housewives.
The other week i read about a Doctor, no less, who threatened to rape another mans wife because he had beaten him to a parking space.
On Thursday night to kids were wiped out and their mother put in hospital by two idiots racing each other in cars on a 40 mph road.
These aren't the actions of sane people.

The human race is becoming apathetic, lazy and ignorant.
Young girls covered in tattoos with beer bellies who swear like Sailors. Mothers taking kids to school or shopping in Pyjamas and dressing gowns.
People too lazy to indicate in a car when turning.

There have always been gangs and crime, and religious nutters, but nothing on the scale we are seeing now, and it's getting worse.

I think we are all going to hell in a hand cart.
I understand your concerns, but atrocities and poor social behaviour have most probably existed from year dot. However, awareness of what goes on elsewhere, has increased due to improved communication, namely the internet. Truthfully, if I’m not directly affected by what’s in 'the news', I try not to concern myself about it. It keeps me slightly sane, and mildly happy.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 04:18:11 AM »
The pace of life now is beyond that which human bodies and the mind are capable of sustaining on a constant basis hence all the increase in mental health issues along with misdiagnosis in the past. The body/mind is not designed to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and deal with the emotional stresses on top of that. We are animals albeit with a higher intelligence than the other animals we share this planet with. Everything is temporary in todays society sadly.

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 09:40:37 AM »
I'm not knocking what you say, because I do agree and I'm a religious person. But I also think that examples you mentioned have happenes before. They're not isolated to the 21st century. The killing of innocent people has happened time and time again. Look at the various accounts of Drs who have killed/raped patients, serial killers, terror attacks, but when something is mentioned in a history book it doesn't seem as real as when you see it first hand.

I am not religious myself but accept other peoples views. But it gets silly when people fight over it. I think religion was meant to learn people to live a good life, and it also helped countries to control their masses. The Church once held as much power as the crown, now neither have a lot of say in how things are run.

I think that could be a problem. As less people believe in God or an afterlife, they feel as though they have ben given a blank cheque to do what they like. Law and order and control are breaking down. overnments give themselves rises and cut front line services.

I am 64 this year, and i have seen the changes. Yes there was always crime and atrocities, but not on the scale we are seeing today.
I used to walk to school a mile and back four times a day from the age of 8. There were bullies and i got into scrapes on the way home, but it was part and parcel of growing up.
If you told a teacher you were being bullied they would say don't tell tales. It was down to you to deal with it.

Today kids are taken to school in cars too big for their mothers to handle and dropped off outside the gates. Their feelings are hurt if someone says something nasty to them.
When they become adult, they aren't used to being bullied or losing, and they feel the pressures more. Suicide with young males is on the increase. Three blokes from my work have hung themselves in the last 10 years.
When i was young i never knew or heard of anyone who took their own life. I never knew anyone who suffered from depression either.
Your young days should be the happiest and most carefree of your lives, but the pressure of the modern day must have now world is causing mental health to rocket.

The scenes over Brexit are a good example of people not used to losing.

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »
I think the western world has been in regression since the early 70s a lot of it boils down to respect or lack of and the attitude the world owes you a living.
I started a thread the world gets crazier everyday and agree the human race is going to hell in a handcart.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »
I found a wallet in a carpark 2 days ago,it had no cash but the guys driving license and his bank card the type you can tap for £30 a go,so I actually drove to the address on the license to take it to him personally about 20 mins out of my way,no answer at the door so I left a note with my number on it and thought that the guy would call and say thanks,I get a call the next day from a woman,swearing at me saying he doesn't live here what am I supposed to do with it,so I told her what I thought of her and said I only wanted to help a fellow human being out in case he was worried you know? She carried on swearing at me sobi told her that I would ring the police straight away and tell them the story,I did ring the cops,nice fella listened but couldn't do anything about it,it was up to the guy who lost it to report it to the bank and same for his license, all this agro for trying to help someone, upset me for a while,ill never do it again,shame though at it.

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 04:35:49 PM »
I found a wallet in a carpark 2 days ago,it had no cash but the guys driving license and his bank card the type you can tap for £30 a go,so I actually drove to the address on the license to take it to him personally about 20 mins out of my way,no answer at the door so I left a note with my number on it and thought that the guy would call and say thanks,I get a call the next day from a woman,swearing at me saying he doesn't live here what am I supposed to do with it,so I told her what I thought of her and said I only wanted to help a fellow human being out in case he was worried you know? She carried on swearing at me sobi told her that I would ring the police straight away and tell them the story,I did ring the cops,nice fella listened but couldn't do anything about it,it was up to the guy who lost it to report it to the bank and same for his license, all this agro for trying to help someone, upset me for a while,ill never do it again,shame though at it.
Don't let one evil witch put you off most people would thankyou  for your kindness and decency.

Online The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 05:19:38 PM »
The biggest evil of modern society is selfishness in some form or other, everything wrong in society stems from that when you think about it.

I have zero tolerance for selfish people in my life, I remove them, they are always misery bringers to those around them.
Notes from a small island!

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 05:14:51 PM »
Don't give up, I once sent a wallet left in my workplace to an address I found in it, got a lovely card a couple of weeks later.  Then I lost my wallet on a train (pi$$ed) and had it sent to me, I likewise sent a thankyou.

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 08:23:35 PM »
Britain is going to hell in a handbasket.

I'm not religious but I do think the demise of the church has something to do with society's breakdown. I even think the demise of pub life had made us lose some of our fellow bond.

Police, teachers and parents cannot or will not implement a culture of respect into our young. Done properly this does not have to be harsh. We move around more for jobs; kids have a diminished sense of family with the increasing fragmentation of family. How many kids now are close to their grandparents - far less than used to be I believe.

We are increasingly insular, spending more and more time on (here) and I even believe some of our youth cannot readily differentiate between reality and fantasy. Understanding consequences for actions is, it seems, beyond them.

I tend to agree with Kya, this began in the late 70s and has gradully gathered momentum in the technology age.

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music