West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Old soldiers to be prosecuted.  (Read 1715 times)

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
Old soldiers to be prosecuted.
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »
How ironic that the government has caved in to public pressure and let the loony lawyers chase down soldiers that were sent to Northern Ireland as peace keepers, yet as part of the Good Friday agreement the terrorists, who they were their to defeat, were allowed to walk free.
It was a sad day indeed when those 13 people were shot on Bloody Sunday as they protested on the streets.
But was it any sadder when 21 people died and 180 were injured whilst they were having a drink in Birmingham, or 31 people blown to bits in Crossmaglen as they went about their lawful business?
We get worse in this country, we really do.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
Re: Old soldiers to be prosecuted.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:51:55 AM »
How ironic that the government has caved in to public pressure and let the loony lawyers chase down soldiers that were sent to Northern Ireland as peace keepers, yet as part of the Good Friday agreement the terrorists, who they were their to defeat, were allowed to walk free.
It was a sad day indeed when those 13 people were shot on Bloody Sunday as they protested on the streets.
But was it any sadder when 21 people died and 180 were injured whilst they were having a drink in Birmingham, or 31 people blown to bits in Crossmaglen as they went about their lawful business?

The question is why have the government caved in? 
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 12:38:12 PM »
Most of us will have seen and perhaps contributed to the collection buckets at the Albion and other Midlands clubs for justice for the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings.  A new inquest has opened and the donated cash goes to support the legal fees of the families. 

Unlike the families involved in Bloody Sunday they were not granted legal support for the inquest/enquiry. Also unlike the Bloody Sunday enquiry an amnesty is likely to have been given to the prime suspects of the Birmingham bombings which is likely to mean they will never face trial in the UK, even if extradited from the Irish Republic. 

Even in uniform under difficult circumstances, you are accountable for your actions, but I fail to understand why victims in Derry will get justice, whilst victims in Birmingham may get none.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
Love a bit of whataboutery...

For me the prosecution doesn't go far enough. A token gesture. I'm not RC by the way.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 04:59:26 PM »
It's those who sent out 18 year old boys with orders to shoot a few protestors who should be in the dock.

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 05:34:36 PM »
It's those who sent out 18 year old boys with orders to shoot a few protestors who should be in the dock.

Very true.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline EastYorksAlbion

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:53 PM »
Truly sickened that a soldier is being prosecuted for what happened in Londonderry that day, whilst numerous terrorists were given immunity from prosecution for their crimes. The soldiers went out that day to do a difficult job but without any intent to kill or maim, whereas the Republican and Loyalist terrorists always committed their acts with intent.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 08:07:29 PM »
Love a bit of whataboutery...

For me the prosecution doesn't go far enough. A token gesture. I'm not RC by the way.

We're not talking about law and order, we're talking about a witch hunt which will make a lot of unsavoury people even more wealthy
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »
Too long ago, too hard to know the exact circumstances, have the Birmingham pub bombers every come forward in this era of truth and reconciliation.
Notes from a small island!

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 05:34:27 PM »
Sad day this country slips further into the gutter at a rapid pace. 

Offline BRIAN

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 09:58:43 PM »
I think it about time we handed the North back to the Republic. It might be questionable whether they would want them. A few back years when in Ireland a remark on the subject was,  "We don't want those fecking hooligans near us" 

Offline Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 10:09:16 AM »
I think it about time we handed the North back to the Republic. It might be questionable whether they would want them. A few back years when in Ireland a remark on the subject was,  "We don't want those fecking hooligans near us"

It's not ours to 'hand back'. It is a matter for the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic. If they want to remain part of the Union (I believe even a majority of Catholics do) their wishes must be respected.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »
Puts fingers in ears, closes eyes and waits for Oldbury's  "No politics" rant !

Any way back to the soldiers, i find the double standards of giving a free pass to the "militias' but not the soldiers absolutely abhorrent.

Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »
Puts fingers in ears, closes eyes and waits for Oldbury's  "No politics" rant !

Any way back to the soldiers, i find the double standards of giving a free pass to the "militias' but not the soldiers absolutely abhorrent.

:D :D Has been noticed but seeing how it goes
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 12:54:43 PM »
I totally agree , I think it is written into the eire constitution that they would always look for the unification of the island of Ireland , but as you say why would the south want them , the thugs of the IRA and the Ulster para's still run the north, and anybody thinks that the unification of Ireland would make either side go away is very na├»ve, they would only turn their attentions to grabbing power in the only way they know how which would only be to the detriment of the largely peace loving people of  Ireland, no in reality although the south pay lip service to the idea of a united Ireland the majority are quite happy for the status quo to remain even with the extra hassle that Brexit will probably bring

Offline kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »

I believe a couple of days before 2 soldiers were killed so when mcguiness was shooting his guns and protesters throwing rocks is there any wonder they started shooting.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Online liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 11:51:09 AM »
Don't agree with trying our soldiers who were under orders.
Where will the "truth" come from?
Our military keep records do the IRA? Don't think so.
I was working at the QE hospital at the time of the pub bombings helping injured people onto operating tables they were pictures I can't forget,they were innocent people murdered by cowards.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 08:54:09 PM »

I believe a couple of days before 2 soldiers were killed so when mcguiness was shooting his guns and protesters throwing rocks is there any wonder they started shooting.
The story in UDA circles was that four coppers had been ambushed and shot in the few days before, and some middle ranking army officers decided off their own bat that they would open fire on the marchers in revenge.  Make of that what you like.  I wouldn't be doing with any charges now whatever, it is obscene hanging someone out to dry like this.