West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 187074 times)

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
Re: Next manager...
« Reply #3500 on: June 12, 2019, 11:04:20 AM »
I would be over the Moon with this appointment but not believing it until i see him holding the scarf.
Agree with others he must be given time to build and bring in his own brand of football.
I remember when Johnny Giles took over at the start of the 75 - 76 season we were bottom of the old Second Division in September.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3501 on: June 12, 2019, 11:25:19 AM »
The one bit of news which made me cautious yesterday was the whole 'the contract has been sent to the solicitors' thing.

Found that really bizarre and from memory I cant recall any other club releasing that type of information.

Offline Pie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3502 on: June 12, 2019, 11:32:57 AM »
The one bit of news which made me cautious yesterday was the whole 'the contract has been sent to the solicitors' thing.

Found that really bizarre and from memory I cant recall any other club releasing that type of information.

It's a boring thing to say, but I would highly doubt any manager would sign a contract without his own legal advisors reviewing and accepting first. I can only imagine the small print on contacts worth a few million quid over a number of years (especially from Jenkins - bet he tries getting away with a lot!).

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3503 on: June 12, 2019, 11:33:48 AM »

Was that a little prompt to Wilder - "last chance." Not really keen on that game!

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3504 on: June 12, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »

The club haven't released that information. It has come from Matt Wilson, Sky Sports and wherever they got it from, most probably an agent or a representative. If it came from the club it'd be quoted as such.

Online OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #3505 on: June 12, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »

Probably wants to make sure we haven't changed something since we spoke, for example changing from it £ to € as we "allegedly" did with a player a few years ago which saw him go elsewhere. Don't ask me who or exactly when as I genuinely cannot remember but remember the rumours hence my "allegedly"
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Online timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3506 on: June 12, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
Was that a little prompt to Wilder - "last chance." Not really keen on that game!
No. It meant that the draft contracts had been sent to the solicitors to look over to make sure that they were legally correct. Normal practice. Nothing underhand or suspicious.

Offline dway

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #3507 on: June 12, 2019, 11:56:33 AM »
Is there a Croatian theme here?
Bilic was born in Split same as Ivanisevic, where was Adrian Chiles mother born?

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3508 on: June 12, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
No. It meant that the draft contracts had been sent to the solicitors to look over to make sure that they were legally correct. Normal practice. Nothing underhand or suspicious.
Slaven making sure he isn't getting screwed over by Jenkins, like him even more now. Looks like a bloke who won't take crap

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #3509 on: June 12, 2019, 12:00:52 PM »
Is there a Croatian theme here?
Bilic was born in Split same as Ivanisevic, where was Adrian Chiles mother born?

That's next seasons last away game theme sorted then... dressing as Adrian Chiles' mum!

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3510 on: June 12, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »
That's next seasons last away game theme sorted then... dressing as Adrian Chiles' mum!

Forget it, I ain't dressing up like a Japanese rear admiral for nobody
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3511 on: June 12, 2019, 01:00:08 PM »
Ring Bilic, I'm sure he'll jump at the job knowing that.

;D ;D ;D I like it

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #3512 on: June 12, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
Not sure what to think of appointing Billic - is he the man for a rebuild job in the Championship?

Hope it works out.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3513 on: June 12, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9279209/west-brom-slaven-bilic-boss-west-ham/

Bloody hell. If we're going to have to wait for back up staff to be confirmed we could be waiting another week.

The one good thing is at least he's talking the club up unlike some of our own fans and certain previous people holding important roles at the club.

I would, however, take this report with a pinch of salt. Why would the Sun know anything our own Matt Wilson, or Sky Sports or John Percy wouldn't?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:29:36 PM by Atomic »

Offline TiptonThrostle

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #3514 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »
Not sure what to think of appointing Billic - is he the man for a rebuild job in the Championship?

Hope it works out.

Out of all the available managers not currently tied with a club i would say majority of Albion fans can agree he is the leading candidate by quite some distance.

i just hope there is no where near as much negativity in the ground next season and we actually back Bilic in what he tries to do. it will take time.

Offline section5

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3515 on: June 12, 2019, 03:11:23 PM »
Was really hoping/half expecting this to be done today.. really hope we can get Bilic signed asap. The longer this drags the worse I feel

Online OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #3516 on: June 12, 2019, 03:47:26 PM »
In other words he wants his own people and the club are trying to get the existing staff to be kept on.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3517 on: June 12, 2019, 03:53:44 PM »
In other words he wants his own people and the club are trying to get the existing staff to be kept on.

Stumbling block could potentially be Shan? Didn't the club say he would be kept on and probably pushing to have him as part of the new set up, Bilic might want a fresh start with all new staff and no ties to the club.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3518 on: June 12, 2019, 03:56:37 PM »
Stumbling block could potentially be Shan? Didn't the club say he would be kept on and probably pushing to have him as part of the new set up, Bilic might want a fresh start with all new staff and no ties to the club.

And rightly so in my opinion, we've been failing as a club for a while now!

Offline alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3519 on: June 12, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »

Hope it works out.

Good pal of mine a Hammers STC - in his words:-

Attacking wise very strong
Defensively all over the gaff

Offline saml30

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3520 on: June 12, 2019, 04:15:03 PM »

Same as this season then
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3521 on: June 12, 2019, 04:32:45 PM »

Well, we've got the defenders in place for that!  Just no strikers left.

Offline MBWBA

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #3522 on: June 12, 2019, 04:53:04 PM »

7th in the Premier with poor defence isn’t bad

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3523 on: June 12, 2019, 07:03:34 PM »
Few hammers fans think he was made a scapegoat for interfering owners.

Offline Cullompton baggie

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #3524 on: June 12, 2019, 07:19:25 PM »
My Original choice before they Pardew in,mate who is West ham through & through says he will find some real jems for you! and should never have been sacked.