West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 187076 times)

Offline sammyg

• Youth Baggie
Re: Next manager...
« Reply #3350 on: June 08, 2019, 10:17:33 AM »
There won’t be a problem with wages, Bilic will be who lai wants. Remember the below article after we sacked Pulis - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/23/slaven-bilic-rejects-chance-become-west-broms-new-manager/amp/

I imagine lai has links with Bilic somehow. Also Bilic’s old club have announced he has signed for us on twitter. Not sure if the know something we don’t.

Who?

Offline baggie96

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3351 on: June 08, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »

Who?

Just had another look and can’t see it now, the page had 1.4m followers so assumed it was legit.

Online OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #3352 on: June 08, 2019, 11:15:30 AM »
Sure Nigel Adkins was mentioned somewhere on this thread, well he's just left Hull but further talks are expected between him and Hull
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Online Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #3353 on: June 08, 2019, 11:29:10 AM »
Sure Nigel Adkins was mentioned somewhere on this thread, well he's just left Hull but further talks are expected between him and Hull

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48567210

Looks to be a definite parting of the ways. To be honest if his name was under consideration then I would have expected it have cropped up in the press not a difficult link to make.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Offline wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3354 on: June 08, 2019, 11:45:35 AM »
We Could do a lot worse than Adkins.
BOING BOING

Offline cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3355 on: June 08, 2019, 12:01:32 PM »
Adkins fits in with us researching the A to C headings of managers - Bilic, Bruno, Appleton, Cowley,  ;D
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Online Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3356 on: June 08, 2019, 12:05:16 PM »
And have done so, regularly.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Online mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3357 on: June 08, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »
think we could do better though, he's a bit Irvine-y.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:41:15 PM by mulliganstired »

Offline BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3358 on: June 08, 2019, 12:11:43 PM »
I've heard rumours Billic could be our next Manager would be like the ex Fulham manager get us promoted then leave us fighting for survival
Something's in Life are a Fantasy Like Playing Fifa and making Albion win the league unbeaten
Something's in Life are real Birth, Death, Paying Tax, Braking up, Having a Family
Something's in Life are obliged And never to be Forgot. S*****g on those lads in Orange and Black and Claret and Spew

Offline Mo

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #3359 on: June 08, 2019, 12:18:39 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48567210

Looks to be a definite parting of the ways. To be honest if his name was under consideration then I would have expected it have cropped up in the press not a difficult link to make.

I had bet on him 3 weeks ago ticks a lot of boxes noticed he was out of contract would be surprised if we haven’t spoken to him

Online lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3360 on: June 08, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »
I've heard rumours Billic could be our next Manager would be like the ex Fulham manager get us promoted then leave us fighting for survival

where have you heard these ??

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #3361 on: June 08, 2019, 12:22:55 PM »

What are you basing that on? Bilic got West Ham to 7th and 11th place finishes in the Prem League.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3362 on: June 08, 2019, 12:32:03 PM »
Adkins leaving Hull worries me that we could now leave an appointment to early July.

As an aside can we jib this a-z nonsense. Not remotely funny (see Zippy's post in Woodman) and clutters up the thread which is busy enough with rumours and innuendo as it is.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3363 on: June 08, 2019, 12:41:58 PM »
What are you basing that on? Bilic got West Ham to 7th and 11th place finishes in the Prem League.
Just saying he could join a Championship Side get distracted for doing very well and leave us but would happily take him I think he is a great guy and great manager.
Something's in Life are a Fantasy Like Playing Fifa and making Albion win the league unbeaten
Something's in Life are real Birth, Death, Paying Tax, Braking up, Having a Family
Something's in Life are obliged And never to be Forgot. S*****g on those lads in Orange and Black and Claret and Spew

Online Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3364 on: June 08, 2019, 01:39:57 PM »
Adkins leaving Hull worries me that we could now leave an appointment to early July.

As an aside can we jib this a-z nonsense. Not remotely funny (see Zippy's post in Woodman) and clutters up the thread which is busy enough with rumours and innuendo as it is.

Got wba written all over it.

Has prem experience, has championship experience, used to budgets.

Jenkins will be buzzing.

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #3365 on: June 08, 2019, 02:27:44 PM »
Got wba written all over it.

Has prem experience, has championship experience, used to budgets.

Jenkins will be buzzing.

Good manager though and I'd add him to my short list of people I'd be happy to get the job: Jokanovic, Hughton, Pearson, Bilic and Adkins. He'll probably end up at Swansea or Middlesbrough though.

Offline Topman

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3366 on: June 08, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »
Someone saying on another forum we can’t agree terms with Bilic so it’s looking unlikely. When I heard Atkins had gone I just knew something could possibly be up

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #3367 on: June 08, 2019, 02:44:51 PM »
Someone saying on another forum we can’t agree terms with Bilic so it’s looking unlikely. When I heard Atkins had gone I just knew something could possibly be up

someone ITK or just someone?
Adkins has been in discussions with Hull about his position for a few months and it always looked likely that he would leave (according to Hull Daily Mail), so the club must have been aware of it before now....I don't think he's in the running to be honest.

I still expect Bilic to be announced soon.

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3368 on: June 08, 2019, 02:46:40 PM »

It actually says "if they can agree terms".

Yes I was as guilty as you initially at not looking into the article. Misquote. No story at the moment. Talks apparently continuing.

Offline cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3369 on: June 08, 2019, 02:55:08 PM »

It actually says "if they can agree terms".

Yes I was as guilty as you initially at not looking into the article. Misquote. No story at the moment. Talks apparently continuing.

Yes, this is correct.

People reacting to a mis-quote when you read the actual tweet by Alan Nixon.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Online zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3370 on: June 08, 2019, 06:59:11 PM »

Marmalade Atkins
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline Xpresso

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3371 on: June 08, 2019, 07:35:56 PM »
Atkins would be a better option for me. Knows the Championship and its players, has promotions on his CV and his teams play decent football. Also think he'd be better at bringing on the crop of promising youngsters we have coming through.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bilic is a good choice, but there is a risk element since his knowledge of Championship football is limited to say the least.

Offline superkev

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #3372 on: June 08, 2019, 07:41:38 PM »
I agree I have always liked Adkins style of football and he is highly underrated so it’s a YES FROM ME
"

Offline Blowee

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3373 on: June 08, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
I agree I have always liked Adkins style of football and he is highly underrated so it’s a YES FROM ME
I think he's one of a number of good managers available now - I would be happy with him or Bilic.

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #3374 on: June 08, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »
I would prefer Bilic, we would stand a better chance should we go up. Adkins has done well mainly in lower leagues, another Kenny Jacket imo.