Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 243237 times)

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #2850 on: May 31, 2019, 05:56:06 PM »
That makes no sense. This is a discussion board. That's all people are doing.

If we only commented on official releases this would be a very quiet place indeed. Our beloved club is not known for being honest and open with the fans, quite the opposite.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2851 on: May 31, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
The club really should have had this sorted by today. At the moment we have essentially a 17 man squad of players (assuming Rondon and Harper are off as is basically certain) and that still includes players we appear not to want like Burke or don't trust as first team squad members like Field, Edwards and Leko. Coupled with the expected departure of some of the senior players we're going to have a turnover of at least half the first team squad this summer - that's a huge job.

Already by taking so long we've missed out on a bunch of the better free transfers that were available (although we've at least been wise enough not to take a punt and waste money on players a new manager might not want) and the more time we take the less time we have to plan.

We already have a new manager coming in, we'll probably sign around 10 players so have about half a new squad coming in, and the transfer window shuts the first week of August now. If the club has so many good candidates then they just need to choose one rather than chasing all of them up and a) risking getting none of them and b) serving an impossible job to whoever gets it by parachuting them in too late they can't properly evaluate the squad in time or make the transfers they want.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:03:48 PM by Dan »

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2852 on: May 31, 2019, 06:09:35 PM »
I cannot believe this latest rumour about Wilder.

He is great, but also a lifelong blade who has just taken his beloved team up on a relative shoestring.

Unless he's on a quid 50 there you've got more chance of Sean Bean getting an Oscar.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2853 on: May 31, 2019, 06:14:28 PM »
I cannot believe this latest rumour about Wilder.

He is great, but also a lifelong blade who has just taken his beloved team up on a relative shoestring.

Unless he's on a quid 50 there you've got more chance of Sean Bean getting an Oscar.

Exactly. You have to be a special kind of thick to think Wilder is coming here.

A Blades fan who has coached them into the Premier League is really going to leave them for a club in the Championship. If it were Man Utd or Liverpool maybe, just maybe, the opportunity is just too enormous. Anyone else. Not a cat in else chance. It just amazes me that people need this pointing out.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2854 on: May 31, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »
Wait for the Labbadia deal to collapse over the weekend, due to Jenkins penny pinching AGAIN. We will get what we pay for - A cheap no good manager that takes us backwards even more. Jenkins has absolutely no vision, and clearly doesn't understand that quality comes at a price.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2855 on: May 31, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
So why not just pay Wolfburg the last month on his contract and get him in now.
Or is that too easy?

No, too expensive of course
"Stay apart and stick together"

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2856 on: May 31, 2019, 06:28:49 PM »
Wait for the Labbadia deal to collapse over the weekend, due to Jenkins penny pinching AGAIN. We will get what we pay for - A cheap no good manager that takes us backwards even more. Jenkins has absolutely no vision, and clearly doesn't understand that quality comes at a price.

There are mentions on social media that the deal has collapsed. I have read in two or three unreliable places, so perhaps utter rubbish.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2857 on: May 31, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
Might be an issue on length of contract. Interesting that the job Labbadia was linked to at his old club Hamburger SV, went to Dieter Hecking on a 1 year deal, but with automatic extension if the club was promoted.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2858 on: May 31, 2019, 07:01:29 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier about a scatter gun approach.

Seems to me the only thing we know is what we will give as wages. Given the range of names we are linked with, the style of football does not appear to be a big priority.

We 'appear' to be lurching from target to target, with wages being a major factor, as shown by Jokanovic apparently.

The longer this goes on, the longer it looks like Appleton...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2859 on: May 31, 2019, 07:07:39 PM »
Would love to be a fly in the room during a time when our board are negotiating with a player/manager. Can only imagine.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2860 on: May 31, 2019, 07:14:37 PM »
There are mentions on social media that the deal has collapsed. I have read in two or three unreliable places, so perhaps utter rubbish.
been reported in article about wilder that he's wage demands are not comparable to what Jenkins was offering.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2861 on: May 31, 2019, 07:21:34 PM »
I can see it now... after an extensive search the board have unanimously decided that Michael Appleton is the number one choice of the board.

Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2862 on: May 31, 2019, 07:35:47 PM »
For what it's worth and we'll watch this space, but Matt Wilson has said that Appleton is not being considered. 

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2863 on: May 31, 2019, 07:41:19 PM »
For what it's worth and we'll watch this space, but Matt Wilson has said that Appleton is not being considered.

There’s nothing to consider if he is number one target. The other shortlists and interviews will be fobbed off as due diligence.

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2864 on: May 31, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »
Bored now with all the BS.

Jenkins, let Labbadia sign with your blood. Now.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2865 on: May 31, 2019, 07:58:22 PM »
I know I pay less than most due to being disabled, but, I regret renewing. This is just bull

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2866 on: May 31, 2019, 08:02:41 PM »
I know I pay less than most due to being disabled, but, I regret renewing. This is just bull
You purchased a ticket for the film, yet wrote it off before you even got to your seat.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2867 on: May 31, 2019, 08:12:25 PM »
Get wilder in and I’ll start believing we still got something about us.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2868 on: May 31, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »
You purchased a ticket for the film, yet wrote it off before you even got to your seat.

90+ day to sort this. or at least plan. may as well give it Shan. Then prepare for preseason. As for Wilder I maybe disabled but I haven't got the C word tattooed on my forhead why would Wilder leave the blunts? it looks exactly what it is and that's DESPERATE. we are looking like Sunderland

costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2869 on: May 31, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »
The biggest issue with the Matt Wilson article isn't the fact we are going for Wilder, its the fact the headline said we are "Swooping" for Wilder. When did we last "swoop" for anyone?
We have a history of swooping for injured loanees.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2870 on: May 31, 2019, 08:21:08 PM »
Get wilder in and I’ll start believing we still got something about us.

Yep leave the side he's supported all his life and got double promotion just as he hits big money can't see it myself

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2871 on: May 31, 2019, 08:25:53 PM »
Sky also reporting that Labbadia's wage demands has put us off  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2872 on: May 31, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »
I love the club to show ambition but how many times have we been excited about an attainable target only for us to over shoot completely and miss out on both and end up with the ugly sister?!

I don’t like this development at all. Unless there is something massively wrong at Sheffield United then I don’t even understand it.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2873 on: May 31, 2019, 08:30:34 PM »
This Labbadia is the Ralph Rangnick debacle all over again. I’d put my house on it.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

"Stay apart and stick together"