West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 210245 times)

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Next manager...
« Reply #2625 on: May 26, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »
Not a chance our clowns would actually appoint Labbadia. I'm just happy they finally seem to realise that football exists outside of this country. Expect another cheap, easy British appointment in about 6 weeks time. Jokanovic should have been appointed the week Moore left, the fact he was interviewed and we decided to stick with Shan sums up everything wrong with this club.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2626 on: May 26, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »
This time tomorrow he’ll have had his talks and probably be ruled out of the running ;D

This time tomorrow he'll have got tired of waiting outside the hawthorns gates and and called an uber back to Birmingham Airport, as our hiercachy would have had the Bank Holiday Monday off.

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #2627 on: May 26, 2019, 06:29:20 PM »
Call me impatient but it's starting to drag on a bit now...hopefully we can get a manager sorted quickly for once as it allows for things to settle - the pre-season is massively important and there's no point waiting with a managerial appointment.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2628 on: May 26, 2019, 07:30:07 PM »
Or one week since he board Knew which league we were going to be in and therefore can make a considered judgment on who to appoint for the stragetgy that we will now implement (I await 12 trying to be funny replies from people mocking the "strategy" word cause they are all comedians)
To me appointing the next manager is like knowing you are going to get a promotion at work and the two options are north and south....until you know where ,, you can't purchase the house....or you can if you are mad

5 down, 7 to go
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Offline cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2629 on: May 26, 2019, 07:53:11 PM »
I did say that?
The point was that the poster said he's had forty years of being let down....its not true IMO

Forty years might be an exaggeration as in every year of the 40, but you know what I mean in terms of over 40 years, we have lots of let downs...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Offline wbarenno

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2630 on: May 26, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »
https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/reliable-journalist-reveals-who-he-thinks-will-end-up-in-charge-of-west-brom/

You just know it’s going to happen and if it does the term mid table mediocrity couldn’t be truer , that’s at best aswell

Offline Mo

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #2631 on: May 26, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/reliable-journalist-reveals-who-he-thinks-will-end-up-in-charge-of-west-brom/

You just know it’s going to happen and if it does the term mid table mediocrity couldn’t be truer , that’s at best aswell

Yep don’t get the fixation with the bloke ,bottom six .

Offline baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2632 on: May 26, 2019, 08:29:25 PM »

Didn't even need to click on the link to see who the "reliable journalist" was.

Have to say, if it's not Bolton Wanderers related the "reliable journalist" thinks it's not worth talking about.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2633 on: May 26, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/nach-abschied-vom-vfl-wolfsburg-england-klub-will-bruno-labbadia/

This is another report in the German media that Labbadia is high up on our list.
I wonder how much they know. However, these reports are bang up to date (today). They previously said he was going to talk to Hamburger SV, but Labbadia said its not the right time to go back there (to his old club), He says he wants a different kind of challenge and assumes it wil be abroad. 
I have a feeling he will come across well in interview, he's a positive sort of bloke. I hope I'm wrong, but at the same time wouldn't be surprised if money is a stumbling block.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:35:32 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2634 on: May 26, 2019, 08:54:51 PM »
https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/nach-abschied-vom-vfl-wolfsburg-england-klub-will-bruno-labbadia/

This is another report in the German media that Labbadia is high up on our list.
I wonder how much they know. However, these reports are bang up to date (today). They previously said he was going to talk to Hamburger SV, but Labbadia said its not the right time to go back there (to his old club), He says he wants a different kind of challenge and assumes it wil be abroad. 
I have a feeling he will come across well in interview, he's a positive sort of bloke. I hope I'm wrong, but at the same time wouldn't be surprised if money is a stumbling block.

Unless it's outrageous, I don't think it will be a stumbling block for something different.
It might be for the same old, same old.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2635 on: May 26, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »

5 down, 7 to go
😂😂😂
I really don't understand the almost crazed,aggressive negativity.
Wim rubbish, wim gorra crap board.....won't be long for the "head wobble" comments that are normally on Twitter start on here
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2636 on: May 26, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »
Forty years might be an exaggeration as in every year of the 40, but you know what I mean in terms of over 40 years, we have lots of let downs...
All clubs do, do you think Real Madrid are happy this year ?
Man Utd are in almost chaos, the "massive global entity" at b6 will get the bus out if they somehow fluke getting out of little league, Bolton are going to the wall etc etc etc
We average less than 26k at home, during my time supporting us we have had the next England manager, a World Cup winner, a bloke who scored a hatrick vs wolves , Taylor, Phillips, Kamara , Gera , Maresca , a Wembley win and some great results against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea et al
I've also watched James sodding Quinn , seen us ducked at home by Wigan, hull and reading , refused to pay to watch a Tony pulis masterclass and saw brunt played out of position and 2 seasons too many
But the world did not implode, we are not perpetually crap and no....I don't particularly feel let down, I've said many times if people don't/didn't like Lai/Peace ...buy them out ...they make the decisions and also rely on those around them to make decisions....I would suggest that neither doweling, lai , peace or any other name that gets vilified wakes up and thinks "why don't we make some crazy decisions and see if we can wipe a load of the value of the business"
But for some reason it seems trendy to have a negative disposition and to think we are entitled to tell people how to run the business
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2637 on: May 26, 2019, 10:58:06 PM »
I don’t think the stumbling block with Labaddia (if we want to appoint him) will be wages, from what I understand German managers don’t earn anywhere near what a manager makes in the premier league, It wouldn’t surprise me if what we can offer him won’t be far off what he was on at Wolfsburg I think the big stumbling block will be down to player investment. Reportedly he fell out with the sporting director as he felt they weren’t been ambitious enough with player recruitment he’l be in exactly the same situation here with Lai not willing or unable to put his own money into the club.

I’m just hoping Dowling can sell him a vision that he’s coming into a club that is effectively going to be pressing the reset button on the playing side of things, he’s coming into the start of a new project where he can come in implement his style of play and he’l be backed with smart recruitment and a very good youth set up. You sell him on the fact that if we are sitting here in 2 years time with West Brom sitting 11th in the prem playing decent football then the opportunities open to him will be far greater than if he was to stay in Germany.

Online gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2638 on: May 26, 2019, 11:12:25 PM »
Agreed. I imagine all will go well until he seeks reassurances on player funding then it will be "thanks for coming, we will call you, dont call us"

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2639 on: May 26, 2019, 11:23:22 PM »
Agreed. I imagine all will go well until he seeks reassurances on player funding then it will be "thanks for coming, we will call you, dont call us"
Why would we do that and engineer a complete waste of time?

Offline baggie96

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2640 on: May 26, 2019, 11:37:34 PM »
Latest e and s article states we have already interviewed Hughton and Jokanovic with Labbadia due for talks tomorrow. Another candidate to be interviewed later in the week. That’s the calibre of manager we should be going for so hopefully the likes of Cowley are just smokescreens.

Online gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2641 on: May 26, 2019, 11:41:01 PM »
Why would we do that and engineer a complete waste of time?

THere is no engineering, that would imply we are aware of his demands and already rejected them before meeting him. The board know he will ask for some kind of figure and chances are likely that once they hear that figure they will write him off. I really hope i am wrong.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2642 on: May 26, 2019, 11:45:39 PM »
THere is no engineering, that would imply we are aware of his demands and already rejected them before meeting him. The board know he will ask for some kind of figure and chances are likely that once they hear that figure they will write him off. I really hope i am wrong.

I think wage parameters would have already been discussed with his agent or it is pointless him being interviewed.

Online gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2643 on: May 26, 2019, 11:46:20 PM »
Latest e and s article states we have already interviewed Hughton and Jokanovic with Labbadia due for talks tomorrow. Another candidate to be interviewed later in the week. That’s the calibre of manager we should be going for so hopefully the likes of Cowley are just smokescreens.

WHat i don't understand about the SJ thing is why did they speak to him again? He was too costly before and now we have less money it makes even less sense.

Online gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2644 on: May 26, 2019, 11:47:10 PM »
I think wage parameters would have already been discussed with his agent or it is pointless him being interviewed.

See SJ in March. ALso it's not his wages that will be the problem i imagine it will be the transfer side of things.

Online costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2645 on: May 27, 2019, 12:00:35 AM »
Ranieri will be up for grabs after the weekend.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #2646 on: May 27, 2019, 12:16:28 AM »
I have trawled as best as I can through various German media reports concerning Labaddia's departure from Wolfsberg and it boiled down to his working relationship with Managing Director Jörg Schmadtke it would appear that the two men just did not like each other. They seemed to disagree on everything. Funding for players does not seem to have been an issue.

Digging a little deeper I think that Labaddia can be volatile. There was an incident in his time at Stuttgart where he seems to have flown into a Keeganesque rant taking pot shots at all and sundry including the Club's Chairman and Sporting Director. He has a reputation as a bit of a fire fighter his CV has some impressive names on it but generally he has got those jobs when the clubs have been at a low ebb. He has for the most part rallied them but very rarely stuck around for long afterwards. 

In general Bundesliga Coach's salaries are a good deal lower than their Premier League counterparts. Unless a club has a lock on Champions League status (Bayern and Dortmund) then a good salary is in the region of £1m to £2m.

I am not optimistic largely because I find it a strange career move for Coach whose stock is probably at it's highest leaving a Bundesliga side for a relative backwater. Yet in Germany maybe he has just run out of road he's fallen out with too many people in the game seen as a little difficult but will get the call when a big club find itself in a bit of a hole. Maybe he needs a different type of challenge but I would have thought he would have better opportnities.

If we don't land him maybe we can be disappointed but even to get to the formal talks stage is some sort of progress.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Online gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2647 on: May 27, 2019, 12:35:02 AM »
He has already stated that he is tired of managing in Germany and wants to work in the PL that's why he has turned down lucrative offers from China. He believes that we may give him the chance to do after one year.

If he took half a blind bit of notice of us last year he will have noticed that we sleepwalked to 4th without direction and with 2 different novices in charge.

Thanks for your post. Its interesting and ii appreciate it when people take time and do their own research.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2648 on: May 27, 2019, 12:36:34 AM »
Just on the topic of whether wages might be a stumbling block for Labbadia, I've provided a link for Bundesliga managers' wages. It looks slightly out of date as its got Labbadia's  predecessor at Wolfsburg, but it gives you the gist of what wages they are on. 

https://www.vermoegenmagazin.de/bundesliga-trainer-gehalt/
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #2649 on: May 27, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »
Technical director Luke Dowling meeting Bruno Labbadia about West Brom job

Matt Wilson also reported that Dowling has already interviewed Hughton and Jokanovic, Personally, for me, it has to be Jokanovic!

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/05/26/technical-director-luke-dowling-meeting-bruno-labbadia-about-west-brom-job/
Prediction, we are heading for a hung parliament